Sign in to follow this  
Barker

Cant bloody decide - bulk or cut?! ARGH.

There is a difference between lean gains and gaining muscle and losing fat.

Let's for example say we have a large bber. Always been fat, but has trained for 8yrs. Carries a good amount of muscle. He can still gain and lose fat. Would you call him a newbie?

But yes, there is a difference between gaining whilst staying lean and gaining whilst losing fat. Afterall, we all have some sort of fat level. Impossible to lose it all.

You are right in one aspect but incorrect on another. And I accept my answer wasn't directly comparable to your statement. Altho I still think it's was very generalised. Your statement implies a newbie is anyone without sub 10% body fat, which just isn't the case. So again, newbie or not, anyone carrying excess bf can lose fat whilst gaining muscle. Just has to be done slow enough.

And Congrats on your like. Think I upset uhan earlier, must be a vendetta :D

Edited by 1Tonne

Let's for example say we have a large bber. Always been fat, but has trained for 8yrs. Carries a good amount of muscle. He can still gain and lose fat. Would you call him a newbie?

But yes, there is a difference between gaining whilst staying lean and gaining whilst losing fat. Afterall, we all have some sort of fat level. Impossible to lose it all.

You are right in one aspect but incorrect on another. And I accept my answer wasn't directly comparable to your statement. Altho I still think it's was very generalised. Your statement implies a newbie is anyone without sub 10% body fat, which just isn't the case. So again, newbie or not, anyone carrying excess bf can lose fat whilst gaining muscle. Just has to be done slow enough.

it`ll take more than you to upset me brother unless i get on the tren lol

i think its the purple kinda close to red , or maybe its just you :)

Right so ive got some pictures.

The ones where im 'posing' had pretty decent lighting, so i may look leaner than i actually am, so i took some relaxed ones in different lighting so hopefully you can get a better idea.

Excuse the bad poses haha

img0226ds.jpg

img0227dp.jpg

img0228yl.jpg

img0229e.jpg

img0231jl.jpg

img0232fp.jpg

img0233ti.jpg

img0234hg.jpg

img0235pf.jpg

img0238zw.jpg

Not sure why the last two have rotated themselves :confused1:

Thought id never say this but any guesses at bf%?

Forget bf, doesn't matter.

Personally would settle on foods I enjoy eating and can stick to. Calf the calories and track your progress. You know your eating enough when your comfortably gaining 1-2pbs a month. Would keep Cardio in to reduce the amount of fat you'd put on but at the levels you are it wouldn't take much. 2-3 30min sessions a week would prob be enough. But the amount of food you settle on will likely dictate that.

I wouldn't say forget bf its a good way to keep track of things.

Aye I can be a useful way of measuring growth. But realistically, posting pics won't give a realistic answer. Too many variables. Calipers or body pod will be needed.

Realistiy, mirror says it all. Jiggle about, if it wobbles, it's fat. If you start wobbling more, cut back on the cals. If less, keep going to happily lean then slowly up cals and watch for changes.

Yes I agree in theory done slowly with alot of cardio and the right diet, personally I like most wouldn't be happy to do this can take years to see little change and most would give up before they reach their target. This is the reason that most bbers use phased cycles of bulk and cut (12 weeks at a time as more than that most people lose interest). BTW I know newbie sub 10% like my bro, thinks he's a hard-gainer but just doesn't eat and does kick boxing, his's about 6% all year round. Oh and one other thing if your believe that you can gain muscle and lose bf at the same time then why does your status say 'Dieting....ugh' do you not practice what you preach! Well that's my penny's worth have a nice day fella

Havenet changed it since attempting a Keto diet around 6 months ago. How do you know it takes years? I can show you atleast 8 journals of members I know that are don't it over approximately 5months.

But no, I tried it as I hate commenting on something I haven't personally attempted. Altho i shed some weight, it was by far a good way of going about it for me personally. Altho I learnt a lot from it which has carried over to my current lifestyle.

The reason most bbers use the styles of bulk and cut is because it's what a lot of aas bbers do. The aas reduces the amount of muscle mass lost. Often gettin extremely good results. Then everyone decides that's best for them, whether on aaa or not. Add in confusion about diets and other factors and boom, another guy posting a thread about help for bulking and cutting cos it didnt work for them.

I agree with what you say, a lot do it. Doesn't mean it's the best, healthiest or even most rewarding way to go about it.

But hey , whatever floats your boat.

Edited by 1Tonne

I have to agree with fullhouse I'm afraid. I don't believe you can do both at the same time effectively, it would be such a slow process it wouldn't be worth it IMO. Lookin at the OPs pics he could be ripped in 5 weeks or so, he could then bulk while stayin fairly lean(not the same as losing fat while gaining muscle). Personally if I was him I'd just bulk now slowly maybe .5 to 1 lb a week and not worry about cutting til he's much bigger.

I think the opposite is true AAS users could do both much more effectively, for Natties IMHO its one or the other.

Personally I would gain muscle whilst losing fat.

Bulking and cutting is just an excuse for getting fat or losing muscle.

Mate I'm sorry but this is wrong IMO, almost every bodybuilder natty or assisted cuts and plenty do it with very little muscle loss if any,

and bulking as far as I'm concerned means putting on muscle, just because some people abuse this and eat whatever and get fat doesn't mean

people shouldn't bulk properly anymore. Trying to build muscle while losing fat is a way of getting nowhere IMO. I believe if you do one or the other

you'll see better results.

Thats what i meant i should have explained myself better. callipers will do the trick.

Looking in a mirror would be far better imo, but people like to complicate things and have such a hard on for bf%

Maybe if the average lifter just trained rather than bulked or cutted they would get some where

Nice clean diet just slightly over your maintenance needs, 20-30 mins cardio 4 times per week (after training if needs be)

JMO after seeing your pics, because of the long limbs, the arms and overall bodyweight are going to have to rise a fair bit until they look big IMO.

Don't be tempted to eat 5hit, nice and simple, grow nice and slow, and do it by keeping slop off at the same time.

Want to compete naturally one day

well no offence but better give up crying over the hardgainer tag and man up about it, ifyour not growing, you arn't eating enough, end of story.

Post up a genuine diet, and be brutally honest.

Edited by Jim78

Looking in a mirror would be far better imo, but people like to complicate things and have such a hard on for bf%

Maybe if the average lifter just trained rather than bulked or cutted they would get some where

lol, couldn't agree more. Most beginners (read: less than 3 years training experience) just need to forget the BS about bulks and cuts and learn to train. Forget fancy BS diets just eat well.

Train hard, eat well, look better. Get strong, stay fast and enjoy it too.