Sign in to follow this  
Barker

Cant bloody decide - bulk or cut?! ARGH.

This is why people make the same mistakes month aftermonth cos no one bothers to tell em like it is.

Is simple to sit there and say "he asked for bulk or cut so I chose bulk" even tho it's essentially completely wrong. Feel free to argue with me as much as you want, it makes no difference.

To the op, don't listento those spouting the se old bber dogma youread in the majority of posts.

Bulking and cutting is an awful way for natural bbers to attempt a food physique.

Lose fat and gain muscle is the right approach.

lol i aint arguing im agreeing but your assuming he`s a bodybuilder . as for being simple to sit here and say "he asked for bulk or cut so I chose bulk" thats the answer to the question , however the recommended approach would be to say ....fix the diet so you are gaining muscle whilst losing fat .

Hsmann, you just copied me ;) jokes. Spot on info.

And no I won't edit my mistakes, will merely jump on my iPhone...

lol i know but i only read your post(s) after i wrote mine!

great minds bruvva. great minds. although i fvckign hope that aint you in your avvi :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol i aint arguing im agreeing but your assuming he`s a bodybuilder . as for being simple to sit here and say "he asked for bulk or cut so I chose bulk" thats the answer to the question , however the recommended approach would be to say ....fix the diet so you are gaining muscle whilst losing fat .

Hrs on a bodybuilding forum...talking about bulking or cutting...wanting bigger arms. Pretty sure that's building ones body. When trying to help someone with their goals, sometimes there more to it than simply answering the question at face value. Same with most things in life come to think about it.

14 inches flexed mate, but personally i think theyre small in comparison to the rest of me, after all the longer your limbs are the more muscle you need on them to make them look muscular.

Im really dont know my **** from my elbow with my training atm. Its all over the bloody place. Im just about managing to cut out the majority of sweets/chocolate etc. except he odd one here and there. Ive just had a bowl of tuna mayo, is this bad or good? i dint even know... some would say maybe i should've made it into a sandwich to get some carbs in? But ive been trying to drop a few carbs to drop body fat, but its not bloody dropping! Started training abs twice a week, well see how that goes cant see it doing much though.

Just sick and tired of looking and feeling small and like im not growing. I find it really hard to eat loads as i still live at home, i have no income and im at college in the day time. Im trying pretty hard and just dont seem to be getting and rewards. Then i see people growing like theres no tomorrow and they probably couldnt tell me what a carbohydrate or lattimus dorsi is.

honestly m8 ive been there best 2 bits of advice anybody could ever give you is A/ fix your diet workout what nutrients your body needs to grow (not gaining to much fat) , B fix your training read books listen to advice on routines try it see what works .

lol i know but i only read your post(s) after i wrote mine!

great minds bruvva. great minds. although i fvckign hope that aint you in your avvi :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What If it is? Personally I think I'm rocking the mangina :)

Ps you look better than me so I still hate you. Saw your journal pal, looking spot on. Not on here much now as spend most my time on tm.

Sorry for thread hijack op.

Hrs on a bodybuilding forum...talking about bulking or cutting...wanting bigger arms. Pretty sure that's building ones body. When trying to help someone with their goals, sometimes there more to it than simply answering the question at face value. Same with most things in life come to think about it.

its not a bodybuilding forum though its a muscle forum lol guess i shouldn't be here then as im not a bodybuilder .

its not a bodybuilding forum though its a muscle forum lol guess i shouldn't be here then as im not a bodybuilder .

Ok mate. Keep dishing out the well thought through ideas. Hopefully the op will figure out what it takes.

I'm just going to leave this here..

UK-Muscle Body Building Community - Bodybuilding Forum

Welcome to the UK-Muscle Body Building Community - Bodybuilding Forum.

Personally I think you should be here. You have more to learn, that's for sure.

Edited by 1Tonne

Just again in case you missed it.

And because he hasn't posted a diet for us to critique. No one can advise a diet without knowing a lot more info. Better the op does more readin, works out a diet and a training programme. Then posts it for critique.

Realistically, he'll learn more from trying and adapting rather than listening to anyone else since we all respond differently when it comes to diet and training. One idea or protocol doesn't fit all.

Just again in case you missed it.

And because he hasn't posted a diet for us to critique. No one can advise a diet without knowing a lot more info. Better the op does more readin, works out a diet and a training programme. Then posts it for critique.

Realistically, he'll learn more from trying and adapting rather than listening to anyone else since we all respond differently when it comes to diet and training. One idea or protocol doesn't fit all.

i`ll let you have the bodybuilding forum one cant say ive ever seen that :rolleyes::thumbup1:

Now now ladies.

I know my diet needs improving. I highly doubt i will be able to get my diet spot on for a long time as i dont have the money or time, i just have to do what i can.

I do want to compete naturally one day, just to throw that out there, but i also want to look good for the summer haha (i.e visible abs when relaxed.)

Just taken a load of pictures for you to abuse ill upload them in a bit when ive edited my gay tensing face out.

Now now ladies.

I know my diet needs improving. I highly doubt i will be able to get my diet spot on for a long time as i dont have the money or time, i just have to do what i can.

No offence, but what is the purpose of asking for help with your diet etc if you wouldnt be able to stick to it anyway?? I dont think it would matter if you were bulking or cutting if it wont be spot on?

No offence, but what is the purpose of asking for help with your diet etc if you wouldnt be able to stick to it anyway?? I dont think it would matter if you were bulking or cutting if it wont be spot on?

Oh sorry didn't realise i was asking for advice on my diet, my bad.

You make it sound as if i can help the fact that its not spot on. If my diet was spot on other things would suffer, such as sleeping as id be up till stupid o'clock cooking, and money, i have bugger all.

But just so y'all know this is what my diet today is like.

MP whey shake with water

3 chocolate weetabix with milk

-

1 tin tuna with mayo

-

Chicken+bacon pasta bake (yes its a microwave meal but i like them for the 44g protein and convinence)

-

then ill work out, probs have a banana 30 mins before

-

PWO shake

-

chicken fillet, rice and peas later

-

then probs have another helping of chicken rice and peas if i have time

-

pre bed shake ill be using the nutrisport stuff ive got in that has the casein in it, also throw in 2 full eggs for the little bit of fat.

You make it sound as if i can help the fact that its not spot on. If my diet was spot on other things would suffer, such as sleeping as id be up till stupid o'clock cooking, and money, i have bugger all.

But just so y'all know this is what my diet today is like.

MP whey shake with water

3 chocolate weetabix with milk

-

1 tin tuna with mayo

-

Chicken+bacon pasta bake (yes its a microwave meal but i like them for the 44g protein and convinence)

-

then ill work out, probs have a banana 30 mins before

-

PWO shake

-

-

-

pre bed shake ill be using the nutrisport stuff ive got in that has the casein in it, also throw in 2 full eggs for the little bit of fat.

This is useless without measurements mate, is it 100g chicken or 250? Is it 1 scoop of whey or 3? Whats pwo shake......

oats with milk put a small half serving of whey in try and have 40 g of protein

-

1 tin tuna with mayo add rice or pasta

-

-

then ill work out, probs have a banana 30 mins before + MP whey shake with milk

-

PWO shake

-

-

-

pre bed shake ill be using the nutrisport stuff ive got in that has the casein in it, also throw in 4 full eggs for the little bit of fat

ive changed it a little bit trying to adjust to your budget of very little also drink more milk if possible .

try and have 100g chicken minimum 200g would be great .

This is useless without measurements mate, is it 100g chicken or 250? Is it 1 scoop of whey or 3? Whats pwo shake......

Well i dont exactly measure my chicken out, i just have what looks a 'decent amount'. But id say its always between 200-300g, probably more towards 300g. If i do get some more chicken fillet im before bed it will only be around 100-150g thats if ive cooked a bit too much and saved it.

Scoops of MP protein is 1.5 of the MP scoop. I think its the small MP scoop, but it really doesnt look that small. PWO shake is just whey in water. Bed time shake i use milk.

oats with milk put a small half serving of whey in try and have 40 g of protein

-

1 tin tuna with mayo add rice or pasta

-

-

then ill work out, probs have a banana 30 mins before + MP whey shake with milk

-

PWO shake

-

-

-

pre bed shake ill be using the nutrisport stuff ive got in that has the casein in it, also throw in 4 full eggs for the little bit of fat

ive changed it a little bit trying to adjust to your budget of very little also drink more milk if possible .

try and have 100g chicken minimum 200g would be great .

Cannot stand oats mate, although i may give them another go for a bit. Also i cant be taking in that much whey, just dont have the money for it. Also dont want to be overloading on milk as i suffer from acne and aparently staying away from milk can help. Not going to steer clear but obviously dont want to be having loads.

Its called planning...No one is up all night making food. How do you think everyone else sticks to a strict plan. Even being short of money, there are threads on this site of people in similar situations. Just have to plan and budget correctly

'Oh sorry didn't realise i was asking for advice on my diet, my bad' - i dont even really know what to say about this

Well i dont exactly measure my chicken out, i just have what looks a 'decent amount'. But id say its always between 200-300g, probably more towards 300g. If i do get some more chicken fillet im before bed it will only be around 100-150g thats if ive cooked a bit too much and saved it.

Scoops of MP protein is 1.5 of the MP scoop. I think its the small MP scoop, but it really doesnt look that small. PWO shake is just whey in water. Bed time shake i use milk.

If you dont ever measure food, how will you ever know what to modify in the diet to suit your needs?? I may be being a bit too detailed here but its what i do so i know if i ammend any measurements, how it effect my gains etc.

try and source an alternative for the extra protein maybe extra chicken breast ? i used to have porridge now i just eat it as oats but you could add some kind of sauce into it maybe ?

as for milk i know what your saying i went to the docs and got a shed load of accutane been on it nearly a year best thing i did was see a decent doc :)

just have to poke around the diet section see what can be done on a shoe string budget .

Impossible unless ur a newbie you can't do both

I advise you continue to research more. If you wish to believe advanced trainers cannot grow and stay lean whilst keeping low body fat percentages then you are sadly mistaken.

I advise you continue to research more. If you wish to believe advanced trainers cannot grow and stay lean whilst keeping low body fat percentages then you are sadly mistaken.

There is a difference between lean gains and gaining muscle and losing fat.