james90

MyProtein instant oats?

I have just ordered a 2.5kg bag of this stuff, will buy the 5kg next time if its not too bad. I am getting plenty of protein but have realised i need more carbs so hopefully this will help me out a lot, it should do as i will be getting an extra 100g a day.

Was just wondering what is best to take this with? Water? milk? I dont like milk on its own, never have, but add strawberry flavour nesquick and its lovely. Could i just make my normal milkshake and and in the powder?

How do you all take this stuff? and also when is it best to take it?

the MP oats our finely ground so its just good to put in with a protein shake or something but tbh I just get value oats from supermarket which is cheaper and just as good for you, then make flapjacks from them.

60g oats

1 scoop whey

1-2 tbspn peanut butter

little milk or water to bind

then either eat straight away or set in the fridge, tastes good if you like peanut butter. If you do want to put it in shakes and you have a food processor at home you could powderise your own oats though, think I pay like 70p/kg from asda

Whats your goals mate in terms of acheiving, reason i ask 100gm extra carbs a day

is 400 cal, aint gonna make much difference to a daily diet.

Suggest you write up current daily food intake, and also your aims/goals..?

Whats your goals mate in terms of acheiving, reason i ask 100gm extra carbs a day

is 400 cal, aint gonna make much difference to a daily diet.

Suggest you write up current daily food intake, and also your aims/goals..?

Im 20, 5ft 8, 65kg, was 62 kg when i started training 2 months ago. My goal is to just bulk up a lot more, i come from a naturally slim family so know i need to work hard and i will. Ive got 2 holidays in the summer and want to put on a stone by then, so im aiming to be around the 70kg mark by then.

This has been my diet for the last 2 months since i started training:

3 eggs, 2 toast

Whey shake (25protein)

3 slices peanut butter

tuna sandwich (1 tin)

3 slices peanut butter

chicken and pasta

post workout shake (50g protein)

casein shake before bed

I didnt feel like i was getting enough carbs so ive started eating rice, a lot more fruit and have ordered instant oats today which will give me an extra 100g of carbs a day.

Is this enough? Its a lot more then im used to.

You won't get many carbs from fruit except maybe bananas mate.

I would defo have full fat milk with every shake, and some olive oil wouldn't hurt either.

Not sure what the slices of peanut butter are about. Look at something like turkey fillets which grill in seconds and have superb protein content. Bung in a pitta or similar.

Oats in shakes will certainly help though.

I just brought the same stuff for the same reasons, I an naturally a slim build and was 11 1/2 st 5' 11", I got to 14 stone and cant put any size on. Upping the protein hasn't done much so I'm upping the carbs too. I'm taking 2 80g servings a day with protein blend and an extra protein shake without. I'll see how it goes.

I used to use MP oats but now i just buy normal raw oats and add them to my pro peptide.

I get my Pro peptide from www.psn4u.co.uk

Eggsakerly. What is this fixation some folk have with the powdered oats?? Soak regular oats (about £1.80 for 2 kg) for a couple of hours in milk/water and whack in blender, comes out smooth as silk. Why pay such inflated prices for oats ffs?

Guest FrankDangerMaus

Why people who probably own a blender would pay 5x the price for OATS THAT HAVE BEEN BLENDED is beyond me lol.

I whack oats in the blender, whey, ice, bit of milk or water and blend til smooth. delicious

150g oats

40g whey

1 pint whole milk

1 banana

25g peanut butter

= 930 cals

34g fat

72g carbs

57g protein

16g sat fat

You can add olive/flaxseed/walnut oil if you want to boost cals even more but that shake first thing in the morning will give you a pretty good start!!

whats that one like mate? I order 5kg of cookies and cream but havent started on it yet, going to order 5kg of chocolate smooth too for making flapjacks heh :D

Cookies and cream is too sweet for me, mix it with their choc smooth though and it's awesome.

Going for the bulkpowders choc cookies and cream next, i did tell MP that they should try mixing the choc smooth and cookies and cream flavours so you never know they might start doing it in the future!