UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas. A little brain picking if you don't mind.

ZINC.

It came up in discussion the other day, predictably from it's "increasing testosterone levels" thing. Yeah sure, whatever.

But then, "you know it also helps the body metabolize estrogen", my ears pricked up. Is this the case? I've searched and found similar claims, but nothing that explains why or proves it.

So what do you think? Is this common knowledge that I've just missed? Or is it a myth? Or somewhere in between?

And if it is legit, how much of a benefit do you think it would be for guys using testosterone for trt/cruising/cycling, not as a test increaser but as an estrogen handler?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I remember hearing in a podcast broderick chavez reccomedning supplementing with zinc and chromium on cycle. Chromium for insulin sensitivity I think and the zinc I can't rememebr lol

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

ZINC.

It came up in discussion the other day, predictably from it's "increasing testosterone levels" thing. Yeah sure, whatever.

But then, "you know it also helps the body metabolize estrogen", my ears pricked up. Is this the case? I've searched and found similar claims, but nothing that explains why or proves it.

So what do you think? Is this common knowledge that I've just missed? Or is it a myth? Or somewhere in between?

And if it is legit, how much of a benefit do you think it would be for guys using testosterone for trt/cruising/cycling, not as a test increaser but as an estrogen handler?
If your wanting to take something to manage oestrogen then you would be better off using DIM or Calcium D-Glucarate.

15mg of Zinc picolinate for general health though is a good version to use.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Like most of these vitamin/mineral supplements- will it have a beneficial effect? Probably. Will it be statistically significant when using synthetic drugs? Probably not.

Is it worth buying all of these different aminos, vitamins, minerals etc? No! Just have a varied diet of fruits, vegetables, meats, fish & dairy and you'll probably be just fine. Its the repetitive diets that lead to deficiencies.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input fellas.

@Simon90 man I think i've seen that same podcast, might have to dig it back up.

@Thedynamitekid DIM eh, I briefly looked into that a little while ago. As I understand it it's a hormone balancer right?

@strong_man20 sounds rough, I had ZERO noticable effects from zma.

@js77 @Pez189 only the citrus sharps I heard.

@Uptonogood I tend to agree with you mate. I've tried out most supplements without noticing any real effect, but a couple have worked wonders for specific boosts/ailments. Am curious about this one.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Thanks for the input fellas.

@Simon90 man I think i've seen that same podcast, might have to dig it back up.

@Thedynamitekid DIM eh, I briefly looked into that a little while ago. As I understand it it's a hormone balancer right?

@strong_man20 sounds rough, I had ZERO noticable effects from zma.

@js77 @Pez189 only the citrus sharps I heard.

@Uptonogood I tend to agree with you mate. I've tried out most supplements without noticing any real effect, but a couple have worked wonders for specific boosts/ailments. Am curious about this one.
I will aswell tbh love listening to his stuff

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
You'll only see any benefits from ZMA if your deficient.

I eat a lot of diary for example which is a good source of both zinc and magnesium so i don't get any real benefit.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts

ZINC.

I aromatise easily and I use ZMA daily and have done for years. It does nothing to my e2. However it helps with sleeping and I find it helps with libido.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.