The rest is carbs

Here is my diet:

Breakfast at 7 am

Oatmeal - 60 gr

4 Large eggs

10 gr nuts

20gr peanut butter

Lunch at 12:30

Grilled chicken or fish or meatballs(150-200 gr )

Yoghurt

Salad

Vegetable

*BEFORE TRAINING OATMEAL AND YOGHURT

TRAINING SESSION

Dinner at 9 pm

150-200 gr chicken

100 gr carb(brown rice)

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Art Circle Font Event Monochrome photography

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
I'm giving all the details about me

First,i'm obsessed with six-packs.

Height is 1.85 cm

Weight is 75.5 kg

Waist 86 cm

Current calorie intake=1900 cal per day

120 gr protein

80 gr fat

The rest is carbs

Here is my diet:

Breakfast at 7 am

Oatmeal - 60 gr

4 Large eggs

10 gr nuts

20gr peanut butter

Lunch at 12:30

Grilled chicken or fish or meatballs(150-200 gr )

Yoghurt

Salad

Vegetable

*BEFORE TRAINING OATMEAL AND YOGHURT

TRAINING SESSION

Dinner at 9 pm

150-200 gr chicken

100 gr carb(brown rice)

View attachment 144947

View attachment 144948
First you need to eat sufficient protein and calories to build muscle. What's your weight training routine like? I would be aiming for 160g protein not 120g. Have you been training long

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First you need to eat sufficient protein and calories to build muscle. What's your weight training routine like? I would be aiming for 160g protein not 120g. Have you been training long
Not long

3/4 months

my weight training is full body workout 3 times in a week

I am 75 kg

many articles says 1.7 maximum protein

so it should be less than 150

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
General rule is a gram of protein AT LEAST per lb of body weight. Rough conversion (cant be bothered to calculate) is you're 170lb. Whether dieting or bulking, you want as much protein as possible. Not sure why you think less than 150 grams protein is ideal, but knock yourself out. You'll lose muscle before fat, and your body composition will get worse, even if you lose weight. And no offence, you have very little muscle to play with as it stands. But hey, all the best.

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
Not long

3/4 months

I am 75 kg

1.7 what to what ratio? Less than 150 for what? Is your goal to get stronger and add muscle, yes I imagine so otherwise you wouldn't be weight training. Plus your eating little calories so you'll need higher protein now than you would if you were eating above maintence calories

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.7 what to what ratio? Less than 150 for what? Is your goal to get stronger and add muscle, yes I imagine so otherwise you wouldn't be weight training. Plus your eating little calories so you'll need higher protein now than you would if you were eating above maintence calories
Body weight x 1.7 =Daily protein intake max

yeah my goal is achieving muscle and gaining weight

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Not long

3/4 months

I am 75 kg

Your protein intake is just fine, unless you listen to the hype over protein consumption. Secondly, the ingestion of protein (as made out to be the end all and be all by some) is not your (or should not) be what you need first on the list, as some would like you to believe. You're having about 1.6g of protein/kg of bodyweight. That's double the RDA. Granted you wish to increase the size of your muscles, and the catalyst here (and that's where the word "first" would fit in more appropriately)..., the catalyst for an increase in your muscle size is to be found in the gym, where muscle protein is degraded by the breakdown of your muscles first, and after that first step is taken care of, only then (depending on your rest/recovery and nutritional intake), would your muscles grow by adapting to the new demands that were placed on them inside of the iron dungeon,

Priority is a wonderful aspect to this whole new journey you've decided to embark on. I hope you keep that in mind next time someone (anyone really), decides to give you some advice.

I see no problem with your OP, however you need to challenge your muscles inside of the gym, and then do what is necessary outside of that environment in order for you to make some improvement.

I wish you all the best mate.

Fadi.

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
Your protein intake is just fine, unless you listen to the hype over protein consumption. Secondly, the ingestion of protein (as made out to be the end all and be all by some) is not your (or should not) be what you need first on the list, as some would like you to believe. You're having about 1.6g of protein/kg of bodyweight. That's double the RDA. Granted you wish to increase the size of your muscles, and the catalyst here (and that's where the word "first" would fit in more appropriately)..., the catalyst for an increase in your muscle size is to be found in the gym, where muscle protein is degraded by the breakdown of your muscles first, and after that first step is taken care of, only then (depending on your rest/recovery and nutritional intake), would your muscles grow by adapting to the new demands that were placed on them inside of the iron dungeon,

Priority is a wonderful aspect to this whole new journey you've decided to embark on. I hope you keep that in mind next time someone (anyone really), decides to give you some advice.

I see no problem with your OP, however you need to challenge your muscles inside of the gym, and then do what is necessary outside of that environment in order for you to make some improvement.

Fadi.
The RDA for what? A normal fat office worker with no desire to add muscle or lift weights? You can lift weights all you want in an iron dungeon if you eat the RDA for protein fat and carbs I very much doubt your going to make any significant progress in the departments he OP is after

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
The RDA for what? A normal fat office worker with no desire to add muscle or lift weights? You can lift weights all you want in an iron dungeon if you eat the RDA for protein fat and carbs I very much doubt your going to make any significant progress in the departments he OP is after
I have no issues whatsoever with you believing in what you wrote above, it's your prerogative. I just happen to differ with you, that is all really.

Thanks.

·
Looking Freaky
6,630 Posts
1 gram per lb is where I aim, you need enough protein to build muscle, from experience I've never been able to tell the difference between lower and higher in any physical way, however I have built more muscle with higher protein lately but I can't say it was down to protein... however I will say I see no reason to go lower than 1g/lb or higher if not on gear, I've seen loads of studies for around that mark so it's what I always aimed for and recommend for natural lifters

if enhanced id go as far as 1.25g/lb as gear increases protein synthesis so a little more won't hurt anything and may help (study's for enhanced athletes don't tend to be a big part of the study's, I think I can recall one such study)

·
Looking Freaky
6,630 Posts
I have no issues whatsoever with you believing in what you wrote above, it's your prerogative. I just happen to differ with you, that is all really.

Thanks.
I must admit I've never seen a study that recommended 0.4g/lb or thereabouts for a training individual and there's been lots bandied about on here over the years (based on you saying 1.6g/kg is roughly double recommended... 0.8g/lb roughly halved = 0.4g/lb ish or just under)

care to share??

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Fadi.
What do you think about macros ?

i mean if I go for bulking,what is the proportion?

%50 carbs %30 protein %20 fat if I am doing 2700 cal diet

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I must admit I've never seen a study that recommended 0.4g/lb or thereabouts for a training individual and there's been lots bandied about on here over the years (based on you saying 1.6g/kg is roughly double recommended... 0.8g/lb roughly halved = 0.4g/lb ish or just under)

care to share??

With the above, please fast forward to the 9 minutes mark to hear what Dr Phillips says re the main stimulatory factor re this whole muscle size issue.

Then this, as far as protein intake is concerned. Fast forward to around the 25:30 mark if you will.

If the above link does not work, then type the following into YouTube:

SPORTS NUTRITION: FROM SCIENCE TO RECOMMENDATIONS SPONSORED BY GSSI: ANABOLISM, Phillips, S.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
What do you think about macros ?

i mean if I go for bulking,what is the proportion?

%50 carbs %30 protein %20 fat if I am doing 2700 cal diet
It has been established that when you are in a caloric surplus, then the overall protein intake takes a back seat due to the high energy consumption. The opposite is also true, i.e. when in a caloric deficit, your protein intake would need to increase slightly.

As far as macros are concerned, it's not the percentage that one ought to focus on, but rather the grams ( of a particular macro) per kilogram of bodyweight. There are many diets out there, where do I start?

The best place for you to start, is to focus on your training using the compound movements, and eat a balanced diet as you are now, then adjust accordingly when you've been training for (say) a period of three months consistently. Today, no thanks (in a way) to the internet, eating has become rocket science. Just eat some whole natural foods, and a variety of it. You can always get down to the nitty gritty after a while.

Fadi.

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
It has been established that when you are in a caloric surplus, then the overall protein intake takes a back sit due to the high energy consumption. The opposite is also true, i.e. when in a caloric deficit, your protein intake would need to increase slightly.

As far as macros are concerned, it's not the percentage that one ought to focus on, but rather the grams ( of a particular macro) per kilogram of bodyweight. There are many diets out there, where do I start?

The best place for you to start, is to focus on your training using the compound movements, and eat a balanced diet as you are now, then adjust accordingly when you've been training for (say) a period of three months consistently. Today, no thanks (in a way) to the internet, eating has become rocket science. Just eat some whole natural foods, and a variety of it. You can always get down to the nitty gritty after a while.

Fadi.
Your first paragraph, the OP isn't eating in a calorie surplus. His protein intake and overall kcals are too low for growth when combined with resistance training. The fact he is currently on so low kcals is even more so reason to bump up protein to 140-160g I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Your first paragraph, the OP isn't eating in a calorie surplus. His protein intake and overall kcals are too low for growth when combined with resistance training. The fact he is currently on so low kcals is even more so reason to bump up protein to 140-160g I believe.
Fair point.

Thank you mate.

·
Premium Member
4,495 Posts
Lots of conflicting evidence and studies on protein for athletes/BBers, im inclined to go with better safe than sorry and shoot for 200g, but i like meat etc so its not an issue.

That aside if we say 1g/lbs is optimal so OP should be having 150/160g, then is 30-40g protein really going to make that much of a difference assuming everything else is the same? Common sense people.. Total calories and training are the big hitters IMO.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.