UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd understand if my kitchen was a hovel, but it's not.....

Couple of weeks back, I changed the cats food to dry, as the wet stuff was attracting flies, and therefore maggots :cursing:

Cleared the kitchen out, went for it with a can of Raid (just to make sure), all is good.

Last 3 or 4 days I've been getting up and finding dead flies all over the kitchen floor - around 10 or so, it's vile. Bob reckons it's the Raid but it's not been sprayed for over a week and I know it doesn't last long - I'm not fussed about them dying but seriously, WTF? It's not like there seem to be any more than 1 or 2 in the flat at any one time... :confused1:

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
I have to kill at least a couple of big c0ckroaches every day when they crawl or fly in the back door or an open window.

Buy yourself a few venus flytraps. Always wanted one myself, they're fascinating.

·
The Devil told me to do it
382 Posts
I think it must be a bedfordshire thing, my kitchen is kept spotless but there are always half dozen buzzing around the windows in the morning. I have tried raid, sticky strips hanging from the ceiling and sticky things that go on the window. But nothing seems to get rid of them. :cursing:

·
Banned
518 Posts
fruit flys are a pain in the ass ,i have been trying to et rid of the little ****ers for a while now ,sticker fly traps,fly spray,keeping fruit in the cubard ,still the little fukers find there way in.

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
my house has been getting flies constantly recently! think its the cat food aswell, its annoying as fvck!

dont know also if anyone has noticed but up my way there has been a serious raid with the ants and flying ants the past 3 or 4 days? there really annoying!

·
Premium Member
10,941 Posts
Beklet said:
Last 3 or 4 days I've been getting up and finding dead flies all over the kitchen floor - around 10 or so, it's vile. :confused1:
your kitchen maybe possesed by demons or the anti christ.

Kill a goat in there, should clear it up. :thumbup1:

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See the thing is, there's only one or two in the kitchen, so not a problem, but there are loads dead or dying on the floor..what's killing them, and where are they coming from?

·
girl from mars
2,633 Posts
Beklet said:
See the thing is, there's only one or two in the kitchen, so not a problem, but there are loads dead or dying on the floor..what's killing them, and where are they coming from?
I havnt seen this many flies for years, they are every fookin where, have to feed cat and as soon as shes eaten even if there half a bowl its going to the dogs as I cant leave it on the side.... theyve been driving me bananas have a can of fly spray in every downstairs room :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replicator said:
next door !!!?
No, they'd eat them :laugh:

clairey.h said:
I havnt seen this many flies for years, they are every fookin where, have to feed cat and as soon as shes eaten even if there half a bowl its going to the dogs as I cant leave it on the side.... theyve been driving me bananas have a can of fly spray in every downstairs room :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
Definitely a Bedford thing then...grrr wish I knew what was killing them, I'd make a fortune :lol:

Had to start giving the cat biscuits after finding a bowl full of maggots cos the bloody animal eats a little bit every couple of hours....bleurgh

·
girl from mars
2,633 Posts
mine picks at it to, but as everytime i went to it it was full of little white eggs it got thrown anyhows, just means going through the cat food three times as fast :(

wish the ones in my kitchen were dying....... found a few lying around but as its sprayed with fly spray every other hour I expect there to be more twitching on the floor, but there still there tormenting me..... I am not an organised person but my kitchen at the minute is spotless its wiped down with detol spray every hour the bins are empty, no food left around but there still there... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: but its not just inside there outside too when I sit in the garden there buzzing around mocking me :cursing: :cursing:

·
Slowly, slowly, spanky monkey…
853 Posts
My place has been like flippin' Amityville the last few days...!!!

Pi$$ing me right off, just having a kip on the sofa then BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...!!!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
lordgeorge said:
I am having trouble with the hordes of moths in my room every night must be the heat
god help you mate, moths seriously freak me out for some reason :lol: i know pussy like :ban: :laugh:

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan16 said:
god help you mate, moths seriously freak me out for some reason :lol: i know pussy like :ban: :laugh:
The cat eats the moths, it's fine but I get loads of hoverflies bothering my bedside lamp and in my half asleep state I think they're wasps and start panicking :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.