UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
So just a quick question. Watch's do you still wear them with all the smart phones which tell the most scary accurate time do you still wear a time piece ? if so is it for bling / statues or just old fashion function ?

I have an old omega divers watch which I purchased for about £700 roughly 20 years ago , Saying that if I new now how much certain brands ie Rolex's would go up in price I would have filled ever draw in the house with Rolex divers watch's and Daytona's my brother purchased a SeaDweller at the same time as I purchased my omega for £1900 that's a new Rolex and Daytona's could be purchased for under 5k

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
if you are talking about a 'bond' seamaster watch thats in good condition with B+P they go for 1400/1600 now -thats a pretty good return compared to most watches.

i class mine just as part of my outfit.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I used to rely on my phone (hate any sort of jewellery), but when Strava came out, and my phone would loose signal in the mountains I went for a GPS watch (Suunto ambit sapphire). It's a big ugly thing, but I wouldn't be without it now.

·
c**t
11,054 Posts
I used to rely on my phone (hate any sort of jewellery), but when Strava came out, and my phone would loose signal in the mountains I went for a GPS watch (Suunto ambit sapphire). It's a big ugly thing, but I wouldn't be without it now.
Funny, that's the way I feel about my missus.

I pretty much wear some form of wrist watch all the time, feel naked without one.

·
Newbie Trainer
1,778 Posts
I like watches just because I like something on my wrist. Never used to wear one when I was younger and never saw the point as you said, time is always on phone. Then I just got into watches and wear one all the time now, no real reason other than I like em

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I like watches just because I like something on my wrist. Never used to wear one when I was younger and never saw the point as you said, time is always on phone. Then I just got into watches and wear one all the time now, no real reason other than I like em
Same here, apart from at work I wear mine all the time, a breitling. Great watch , looks nice . Had it years.

·
Premium Member
6,661 Posts
I wear an oris aquis as my daily watch. It's slightly beat up from wear and tear but a fantastic watch great bang for buck. I have a rolex GMT master II. I've been on the waiting list for around 20 months for the no date rolex submariner which is £5450 retail but selling for around £8000 on the grey market

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Just started wearing mine again after 20 years of it being in the safe, now if I don't wear it I keep looking at my empty wrist. It just seemed stupid to have paid 700 quid for something and not use it ,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you are talking about a 'bond' seamaster watch thats in good condition with B+P they go for 1400/1600 now -thats a pretty good return compared to most watches.

i class mine just as part of my outfit.
Yes ... it's the bond watch lol saying that I did buy my one about 6 months before bond did . plus I purchased the smaller one which was 35mm and if I remember correctly it wasn't long after the craze for BIG watch started .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wear an oris aquis as my daily watch. It's slightly beat up from wear and tear but a fantastic watch great bang for buck. I have a rolex GMT master II. I've been on the waiting list for around 20 months for the no date rolex submariner which is £5450 retail but selling for around £8000 on the grey market
I was on watchfinder just and the markup on flipped Rolex is mad there's a black dial S/S Daytona for £21,000 there £9995 New on the Rolex site

Oris is a good make of watch . Very underrated. Another brand I had a soft spot for a few years ago and was relatively cheap was JLC but sadly there's taking the piss now .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I get it ... with me also my age I've always always had a watch on the wrist

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Yes ... it's the bond watch lol saying that I did buy my one about 6 months before bond did . plus I purchased the smaller one which was 35mm and if I remember correctly it wasn't long after the craze for BIG watch started .
yeah the 35mm one will be worth less , i owned the 41mm auto for many years- great watches and the used price has shot up over the last few years (i'd say give it 2 more years and they will be over 2k mark - good examples are getting harder to find )

personally i would not buy any watch under 38mm (unless it had a large dial face in relation to the case like nomos ) except for maybe the full set of ww2 dirty dozen watches.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/dirty-dozen-twelve-military-watches

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah the 35mm one will be worth less , i owned the 41mm auto for many years- great watches and the used price has shot up over the last few years (i'd say give it 2 more years and they will be over 2k mark - good examples are getting harder to find )

personally i would not buy any watch under 38mm (unless it had a large dial face in relation to the case like nomos ) except for maybe the full set of ww2 dirty dozen watches.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/dirty-dozen-twelve-military-watches
I will have a read of that Hodinkee article later thanks for that ! ..., I noticed some early early JLC timepieces

Yes the mid size Omega wasn't my best choice .

If I remember correctly ( but I'm not 100% ) there was only two sizes when they first came out , why I chose the 35mm was for years I had worn my dads old Rolex date which was even smaller at 34mm and when i had the option of the new omega there was only the 35mm and "i think" your size the 41mm which after wearing a 34mm Rolex looked MASSIVE so yes I went for the 35mm .

·
n/a
5,686 Posts
I was on watchfinder just and the markup on flipped Rolex is mad there's a black dial S/S Daytona for £21,000 there £9995 New on the Rolex site

Oris is a good make of watch . Very underrated. Another brand I had a soft spot for a few years ago and was relatively cheap was JLC but sadly there's taking the piss now .
My Rolex Pepsi I purchased last year for 6.7k is fetching 14-15k grey market.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Always wear a watch, the one with most wrist time is my casio duro, great watch for what I paid. Other watches are a bit more expensive dearest being my oris big pointer, then a tissot and victirinox making up the rest.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
whatever you think of rolex watches (im no fan , they are just mass produced mid tier imo) , one thing for sure is their marketing dept is one of the best in the world the way they control the sales and prices.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts