UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of going back on the doors after 20 year lay of,there was no badge in them days and having a criminal record dident matter,how does it stand today with the new badge system,when i say criminal record i mean nothing serious just brawling and minor offences last one being 25 years ago,thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
would definately give the SIA a bell and tell them about your criminal record, but to be fair if it happened 25 years ago im sure you'll be completely fine. They should tell you there and then on the phone.

i know lads working the doors who had criminal offenses only 5 years ago etc

Licensing, once you passed the written part, which is a joke, piece of pi$$ to pass, is extremely quick. I know a young lad whos door badge only took 5 days to get processed! 5 feking days!! Took me 9 weeks to get mine!

pee'd me off, but at least i know hes gonna get eatten alive being 18 and weight about 8 stone wet through LOL

tis great fun working the doors. Look forward to every weekend now :)

·
1,184 Posts
You will be fine. My mate works on the doors now and he had loads of convictions for assault and ****. Was about 12 years ago his last one and he still got his badge a few month ago.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
vetran said:
thinking of going back on the doors after 20 year lay of,there was no badge in them days and having a criminal record dident matter,how does it stand today with the new badge system,when i say criminal record i mean nothing serious just brawling and minor offences last one being 25 years ago,thanks guys.
As long as it's just minor offfenses then youll be cool after 25 years. Possible exception if it was minor violence against police officers, then i could see it becoming a problem, other than that after 25 years they really cant bring up minor offenses, it would be ridiculous!

You look familiar mate, like someone i used to know from a gym i trained at, do you live (did you ever live) around the leeds area, or have a brother (who is also a fighter) called andre?

Take care.

·
nothing substitutes training smart and hard
1,512 Posts
give the SIA a ring they should be able to give you an idea but once youve passed the course and applied and your application has been verified if you work for a ACS company you can work on a ldn until your full licence comes through

G

·
Anything to do with violance is a no no m8, I lost my badge 6 years back and have not been able to get it back because of the nature of the record.

Seing as its such a long time ago i doubt ull have any myther at all, likesomeone said give them a ring and ask the questions first.

·
Heading in the right direction
327 Posts
I got a badge with assault, affray, criminal damage, drunk and disorderly etc on my record. As long as it was over 5 years ago you shoul be ok. That was around seven or eight years ago though so it may have changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.