UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... or is there some kind of formula, at present 5ft 10 inch, 102 kg, late teens bf, 3900 cals a day but gonna cut down to 3250 as I'm not losing the bf, not putting it on but not losing it, split is about 45-45-10, getting about 310g of protein, if anything more carbs by approx 5%.

Dont want to lose any muscle but would like to lose some pork!!

Cardio 45 mins twice a week (on days off), odd 20 once a week after training.

I know its not too much to go on but at present working up to maybe 1st cycle so just wanna get a bit leaner, am 45 years of age so no spring chick:beer:

I will post up a typical weeks diet if needed but don't have time now as i'm off to gym:bounce:

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
its trial and error mate every1 is different so formulas can get you a rough idea but not exact.

if you are eating 3900 and not gaining or loosing then you can pretty muich say this is your maintance as long as you keep up the cardio etc.

if your wanting to lean up some id say drop the cals like you said and increase the cardio to 45 mins 5 times a week in the morn pre breakfast if you can and go from there.

·
UKMEDI.CO.UK
4,709 Posts
My new starting point is...

2g protein per lb of bodyweight, 2g carbs, 0.5 fat (courtesy of Con!)

Works out to be 3000cals which I think is about right for me, I've got it in a spreadsheet now as well so as the weight goes up my diet changes... :)

·
Phase 2: Hypertrophy Onslaught
82 Posts
So I'm straight, you are working it out as:

2g per lb PRO, 2g per lb CAR, 0.5g per lb FAT

So in my instance, 210lbs would be 419g PRO, 419, CAR and 105g FAT

Now times this grams by the amount of energy in each macro nutrient (4 PRO, 4 CAR, 9 FAT) and you get 1675cal PRO, 1675g CAR and 942g FAT

For me, thats 4293 calories - way tooo much! Con must be a food junkie... :D

Typically in sports nutrition, its recommended around 1.5g protein per lb of lean muscle mass not overall body weight...

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
tel3563 said:
This must be out Dr, my calorie intake should be 4600+ according to this.
That would be a maintenace figure, but is heavily affected by your activity level. Go back into it and with the same info, change your activity level and see the result on total energy expenditure.

Its possible you have over estimated your energy expenditure through activity or you estimated your BF too low. (you can buy calipers from E-Bay for £10 which are good for a rough guide).

If you wanted to lose fat, you would subtract 300-500 cals from the end figure.

hth

SD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts