UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Would like your suggestions on protections for window glasses - I have been targeted by the local neds (chavs) lately and have had to replace several window glasses!!! :cursing: Any products out there that would deflect rocks (or even bricks) and prevent the glasses from cracking?

Thanks for your help:thumbup1:

·
Banned
205 Posts
your actually letting them put rocks throw your window? hit them in the head with a brick, that'll save you some cash... they wont do it again

but you could replace the glass with plexiglass

or instead just fasten the plexiglass covering the whole window area and fasten it to your wall it comes in different thinkness so loads of choice

·
Mine's bigger than yours!....My dad, that is!
295 Posts
Google....window film

There are thousands of companies that make such products.

(What have you done to upset the local scumbag hoodrats & why are you letting them continually get away with it?!? You're only a victim if you allow yourself to be!)

·
Banned
716 Posts
fukkin machete, chop 1 of the little b4stars hands off and tell his mates they'll get the same if it carrys on.

jesus stand up for yourself, if chavs threw a brick at my window id be straight out with a bat and break their fcukin legs, and the ones that got away would get a petty bomb straight through their windows

·
SELUME PROFERRE
4,068 Posts
jjmac said:
fukkin machete, chop 1 of the little b4stars hands off and tell his mates they'll get the same if it carrys on.

jesus stand up for yourself, if chavs threw a brick at my window id be straight out with a bat and break their fcukin legs, and the ones that got away would get a petty bomb straight through their windows
Not everyone can do what you suggest........I can and have:whistling:

·
Mine's bigger than yours!....My dad, that is!
295 Posts
jjmac said:

Have you considered 'anger management?' :lol:

(Re-the above :thumb: , but don't get caught!!!!)

·
Newbie Trainer
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys - If I could actually have went out and break their legs or clubbed them I would have done it, but you probably know how the law is set up to protect these scums instead of the real victums (so if I injured or killed them I get charged instead). Haven't done anything to anger them, this neighbourhood has always had problems since it right on the border between the West End and Maryhill (a nest for neds), so they tend to wonder down the driveway (and yes, we haven't got a gate since some idiots decided to take it off years ago and the Scottish Heritage Society makes it horrendously expensive to put one up, this being a listed building blah blah.)

Will look into plexiglass, I ordered some security films and will see if it works.

Anyone else had similar problems? How did you deal with it?

·
Banned
716 Posts
i used to live in glasgow when i was younger mate, 96-99, i was about 12/13 or so, i know how rough it can be, havent you got any mates that live or know people from any of the really bad bits like easterhouse etc, pay a group 20 quid each to come over and give the lads a pasting, most will end up stabbed in a pool of blood, nothing to do with you, plus you get to keep your windows :)

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
liang7079 said:
Thanks for all the replies guys - If I could actually have went out and break their legs or clubbed them I would have done it, but you probably know how the law is set up to protect these scums instead of the real victums (so if I injured or killed them I get charged instead). Haven't done anything to anger them, this neighbourhood has always had problems since it right on the border between the West End and Maryhill (a nest for neds), so they tend to wonder down the driveway (and yes, we haven't got a gate since some idiots decided to take it off years ago and the Scottish Heritage Society makes it horrendously expensive to put one up, this being a listed building blah blah.)

Will look into plexiglass, I ordered some security films and will see if it works.

Phone GPH and speak to Tam MacGraws wife. I'm sure she knows someone who could do a job for you.

·
1,648 Posts
liang7079 said:

i was targeted by kids, it was due to me chasing them the first time.

They done it while i was away and trashed my garden

the 3rd time they were not so lucky as i was at my mam's (she lives over the road) i caught the lad that threw the mud/stone and roughed him up a bit (he actually **** his pants)

i ened up getting arrested. luckly for me i got off with it due to his lies and back ground

It's not worth giving them a clip as your right, you will be the bad guy in the end

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
Window film will still let the glass break, it just holds it all together and stops it going in.

6mm UV Grade Lexan Polycarbonate (ExcellD I think it is) would do it, but expensive, and would need fitted by someone competant.

However, this is somewhat a case of treating the symptom, not the cause... they will just find another way to cause you grief if they are intent on doing so...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.