UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slowly, slowly, spanky monkey…
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I'm a bit of a geek and sometimes just read random articles on Wikipedia, I was reading this article on Roman occupation In Britain and spotted this...Is it a made up name...? :laugh:

Further evidence of a serious British war after the transfer of IX Hispana may be supplied by a tombstone recovered from Vindolanda, Chesterholm in Northumberland. Here, the man commemorated, Titus Annius, a centurion of the First Cohort of Tungrians, had been "killed in ... war" (in bello ... interfectus)[10]. Further afield, a tombstone from Ferentinum in Italy was set up to Titus Pontius Sabinus, who, amongst other things, had commanded detachments of the VII Gemina, VIII Augusta and XXII Primigenia Legions on the "British expedition", taking reinforcements to the island after (or even during) a major conflict, probably early in the emperor Hadrian's reign (AD 117 - 138))[11].

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Anyone can edit stuff on Wiki, someone is just having a giggle I reckon mate. Quality find though :lol:

Edit: Just gave the name a Google, actually a real person. What a name!

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
I must admit I sometimes go on a bit of a mad wikipedia spree and end up looking up all sorts of mad stuff, when call of duty modern warefare came out I did a lot of research into chernobyl but then I'd find myself looking at and reading about all sorts of random stuff

the best article I read was one about Roy Keane, it simply said....

Roy Keane is a kn*b :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.