UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FREAKIN HUGE
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all(guys and gals),

I have always been into making ones body better. I really love to work out and eat good healthy food. I have been married 2 years come this November! My wife has always been a bit on the chunky side. About 8 months ago I had her just starting to go to the gym with me but then I got her pregnant! Ya, just my luck right? Well once she found out she was prego she said there was no point in working out when she was just going to get fatter over the next 9 months. So i lightened up on pushing her so hard to work out. She is due now in about 3 weeks. How do I get her intersted in working out now? I dont want to be rude, and I really do love her but she needs to work out.....Please don't think I am inconsiderate or that I am to picky.....HELP!!!!

G

·
mate,i think you should just look forward to the birth of your new baby,

your wifes going to make you a father and your worried about a few pounds!!! blimey!

·
Gym Addict
383 Posts
If your having a baby - let her settle down - you need to support her more now than ever. But introduce a better diet - and then move on from there. Tread carefully her hormones will be all over the place.

·
'Sua Tela Tonanti'
108 Posts
To be honest mate, her (and your) work is just beginning. The last thing your good lady is going to want to do is go down the gym after having your baby.

The first year at the very least, will be hard work for both of you and I would suggest that even your training is going to suffer.

Just enjoy the ride mate, training can wait until another day

·
Phoenix Supplements
1,866 Posts
I've always managed to train well into my pregnancies and done a lot of walking as well. This meant that I stayed fairly fit up until the end and this certainly benefited me in labour, so much so that one midwife complemented me on my core strength.

However, once the little one arrives you are too shattered for at least 6 weeks afterwards. If your wife is anything like most of the girlies I know after this point she will realize that she no longer wants to have a jellybelly and will want to do something about it! Encourage her (gently), even walking every day pushing a pram will help. Don't be too hard on her as a post baby body is horrible and she will prob hate it herself! I remember all too clearly getting out of the bath just after I had my first and getting a glimpse of my figure (for some reason I hadnt thought too much about what would happen after the baby was born) - I was horrified.

I am sure your wife will come round to getting back in the gym when she is ready. In the meantime enjoy the time you spend together with your newborn when he/she arrives - before you know it the little one will be starting school! :cool:

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
Ok... I understand where you are coming from.

The short answer is you need to sell it to her so that the idea of "toning up" becomes her idea. At the end of the day it's her body to do with as she wishes.

But if you want her to get leaner, you need to sell the benefits, in a way that she can relate to, adopt and then become her own.

Some examples would be: Increased energy, lack of fatigue, increased confidence etc etc etc

·
Getting HUGE!
2,072 Posts
Yeah I'd really concentrate on the baby and the birth mate. I mean, you're having a child. She'll have gained weight during the pregnancy anyway. Make her feel comfortable about this unavoidable change rather than focusing on getting rid of it ASAP.

She'll be vulnerable after it too so I would tread lightly and make support your number one objective. She'll be vulnerable emotionally and you yapping on about her going back to the gym may well tip her into post natal depression which is the last thing you want for the woman you love. She'll also be vulnerable physically and after the birth and she'll need rest and bloody lots of it. I'd only suggest the gym to get her out the house when she reaches that 'I've been stuck in with my baby for the last 20 days'. Whatever you do, don't give her any impression the birth has caused any negative change in her body. She can't avoid these and will feel truly sh1te.

She doesn't want to be exercising whilst she's healing inside. Training is great before pregnancy and fitter women are well known to have easier births. Too much exercise during pregnancy can cause premature delivery and low birth weight. A girl I know didnt heed my advice and did the great North run at 15 weeks. All of her friends thought she was 'fantastic' but in the end she had a very premature birth which was touch and go for a while.

So as above I'd sell the positives and paint it so it appears as something to help her through her recovery physically and mentally rather than you just thinking she should work out. hope that helps.

·
No Compromise :D
13,398 Posts
only joking mate.....as tall said, you have to get her to think it's her idea....

every time you see a good looking bird with a fit body just say "fcukin' 'ell, look at that, I'd smash her granny in all day long" then every time you see an overweight cake muncher say "look at that fat cnut, do you think she's ate her children for dinner....no way I'd boot her back doors in, not even if you paid me"........

Then turn and say, "oh, don't mean you hunny, you've just had a baby ain't you"...

Then she knows she has to get it sorted after her recuperation has worn off....

If that doesn't work, then fcuk her off and get a new one...... :thumb:

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
Robsta said:
just tell her she's a fat cnut and if she don't sort it out you're gonna fcuk her off and get a decent looker in....... :D
Robsta said:
only joking mate.....as tall said, you have to get her to think it's her idea....

every time you see a good looking bird with a fit body just say "fcukin' 'ell, look at that, I'd smash her granny in all day long" then every time you see an overweight cake muncher say "look at that fat cnut, do you think she's ate her children for dinner....no way I'd boot her back doors in, not even if you paid me"........

Then turn and say, "oh, don't mean you hunny, you've just had a baby ain't you"...

actually shedding tears here cos i laughed so hard lmfao

·
fat ginger
11,441 Posts
mate on a serious note once my mrs gets home i'll ask her to input on this as we had a wee one earlier this year.

Have to say tho,my wife had an emergency section (her second one at that) and just like after the first one she was training within 24hrs! light cardio,she even had me bring her supps to the hospital and the docs were astounbded at her recovery rate,actually commenting that if more women were to take a leaf out of her book they wouldnt have the problems with bedspace in the natal wards.

also i dont agree at all that your training or hers would need to suffer just because you have a new wee one,life still goes on people,there are two of you in the relationship so make it work for you,i was actually six weeks out from my show this year when my wife gave birth to our son 3 months early,so we were really up against the wall as far as having a new baby to cope with is concerned,but the key factor is comunication and to be there for each other,there is no excuse for laziness on either part,cos at the end of the day,thats all it is,an excuse.

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
Robsta said:

funny as fcuk:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
i need to lose fat and gain muscle
84 Posts
lingyai2008 said:
mate,i think you should just look forward to the birth of your new baby,

your wifes going to make you a father and your worried about a few pounds!!! blimey!
very true forget ya wife goin the gym belive me u wont have time 4 the gym ya self .m8 for a few months .......and if she needs stiches good help u :cursing: i have bin there and done it m8

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
being totally serious though mate...you mrs is about to have your kid....very special times,your own flesh n blood...in fact you dont really need to be worrying about the gym neither too much....i'd be looking and feeling happy at the prospect of your first newborn kid!!!!

my personal opinion i think trying to get your mrs thinking about weightloss at a time like this is a touch selfish...really you both got a much bigger picture to worry about....as someone said before,i think she'll wanna sort that out after she has had time to recover n get sorted first!!!!!

guess your gonna be a dad,plenty of time for training n sorting peoples weight out after...be there for your missus n kid...got to be the most no.1 reason in the world to lay off other stuff!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.