UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gym Addict
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can bench 70 on a good day, but yesterday was an average day and I did 65. but I close grip benched 55, for same number of reps, about 6 with my hands so close they were touching,

do I need to do some other chest exercises or something ? I seem to have a very weak,small chest it's lagging behind

·
Gym Addict
366 Posts
lordgeorge said:
about 6 with my hands so close they were touching
That's your problem, I'd say; a sure way to injure your wrists. Your hands in a close-grip shouldn't be more than 6 inches closer together than your normal grip. Anything closer isn't productive and is dangerous form.

G

·
DarkTranquility said:
That's your problem, I'd say; a sure way to injure your wrists. Your hands in a close-grip shouldn't be more than 6 inches closer together than your normal grip. Anything closer isn't productive and is dangerous form.
X2

Anything closer than shoulder width is pointless.

George, Im in a similar position. Im a real arm bencher. All tris and front delts and its a cnut.

Re-learn how to bench. Itll help

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Try it with an EZ bar, as said your too close if your hands are touching, give the underhand press (you hold the bar as if your doing an arm curl, but you MUST HAVE YOUR THUMBS WRAPPED ROUND) a go but use an empty straight bar to see if you get on with it.

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
Close-grip doesn't mean close-grip where you put too much pressure on your wrist in fact there is a 14 inch close-grip bench standard you can look up. OP are you benching like a bodybuilder as this is not the healthiest fro your shoulders and doesn't give you maximum power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.