• I eat it but I'm a puffter that takes the bits of fat out

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't even lift

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I'm on universal credit and I can't afford it

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Premium Member
Fooking love me some black pud . Get one of those big sticks of it every 2 weeks from B & M . I think I must be the only B & M customer not on Universal Credit

Premium Member
No reason for people to be on universal credit. The world is a mess. So many work shy twats
Yes there are certainly people who abuse the system but it's a bit ridiculous to say nobody should be on universal credit. There are people with genuine disabilities and people on low income jobs who need it as their wages aren't enough to live on. I don't personally need benefits but I begrudge nobody a bit extra help if they need it

Premium Member
Yes there are certainly people who abuse the system but it's a bit ridiculous to say nobody should be on universal credit. There are people with genuine disabilities and people on low income jobs who need it as their wages aren't enough to live on. I don't personally need benefits but I begrudge nobody a bit extra help if they need it
Is it not wrong that an employer can pay so little that someone can鈥檛 live on it without the taxpayer subsidising it?
On the disabilities front, most of the genuine folk WANT to work and do, fair play to them. For some the struggle is too much and I鈥檓 sure they鈥檇 much rather be able enough to go to work. Then you鈥檝e got the majority that are lifetime dolers with their lifes ambition to successfully never have to work again nor be hassled by getting that coveted disabled badge when all they need is a good hiding for being a workshy ****.

Premium Member
Is it not wrong that an employer can pay so little that someone can鈥檛 live on it without the taxpayer subsidising it?
On the disabilities front, most of the genuine folk WANT to work and do, fair play to them. For some the struggle is too much and I鈥檓 sure they鈥檇 much rather be able enough to go to work. Then you鈥檝e got the majority that are lifetime dolers with their lifes ambition to successfully never have to work again nor be hassled by getting that coveted disabled badge when all they need is a good hiding for being a workshy ****.
All I commented on was that there are people out there that genuinely need universal credit. I believe there are alot of people who will/do play the system because they don't want to work but to say it is the majority is a bit over the top. Over 40 percent of people on universal credit are actually in work. Then you have the disabled people who genuinely can't work and then you have the people who lose their jobs who have to rely on benefits for a short amount of time while they find another. I don't mind that some of my taxes goes towards helping these people and I'll never belittle people for being on benefits. As for the employer not being able to afford to pay more money. This is too much of a general statement that in alot of cases isn't true. Plenty companies that are making a fortune could pay more money, however their role as a company is to maximise profit and they're not going to pay more than they have to for a low skilled worker. You could raise the minimum wage threshold but then you would put alot of small companies out of business who work on small profit margins and rely on these low skilled workers

Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
No reason for people to be on universal credit. The world is a mess. So many work shy twats
I'm not applying Tricky, they are only tongue in cheek comments since the OP mentioned Universal Credit. Maybe shouldn't have as it is an emotive area of conversation. Can rage on Twitter. The point I made about Boris is true though, as the last I heard there are still well over 1m people on Universal Credit after covid, yet there are 1m job vacancies. Boris is thinking shirking and they don't want to work I think.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I commented on was that there are people out there that genuinely need universal credit. I believe there are alot of people who will/do play the system because they don't want to work but to say it is the majority is a bit over the top. Over 40 percent of people on universal credit are actually in work. Then you have the disabled people who genuinely can't work and then you have the people who lose their jobs who have to rely on benefits for a short amount of time while they find another. I don't mind that some of my taxes goes towards helping these people and I'll never belittle people for being on benefits. As for the employer not being able to afford to pay more money. This is too much of a general statement that in alot of cases isn't true. Plenty companies that are making a fortune could pay more money, however their role as a company is to maximise profit and they're not going to pay more than they have to for a low skilled worker. You could raise the minimum wage threshold but then you would put alot of small companies out of business who work on small profit margins and rely on these low skilled workers
Hey hey hey let's keep this about black pudding

1 - 20 of 33 Posts