UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you think rationally about leg training it really is a must yet so many don't train them.................... Why?

Legs ain't my favourite before i train em but are after i've trained em:)

·
spamming websites since 1995
2,477 Posts
it's not just newbies that don't... see loads of people that never train legs... they have a decent upper body.. but when the shorts are on... no legs... :rolleyes:

A) because it hurts

B) because its takes time to build em up

C) because it hurts

:thumbup1:

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PeterTheEater said:
i dont tend to train them...

i know i know im a very bad person and should be flagellated.
Why?

If you were a big oak tree with a massive upper body youd look pretty stupid with a little skinny trunk wouldn't you:rolleyes:

As I see it you upper body won't grow to its potential without a large trunk

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shorty said:
it's not just newbies that don't... see loads of people that never train legs... they have a decent upper body.. but when the shorts are on... no legs... :rolleyes:

A) because it hurts

B) because its takes time to build em up

C) because it hurts

:thumbup1:
But it hurts arms chest back shoulders traps as well

·
Getting HUGE!
1,896 Posts
well i dont religiously plan my workouts... so sometimes the legs get neglected...

i do train them fairly regularly, but if im honest, and i always am (unfortunately) then if i couldnt fit a bodygroup in to a weeks workout, it'd more often than not be legs...

i do a hell of a lot of traipsing up and down flights of stairs a day anyhow...

·
Sans Peur
3,973 Posts
i think the standard answer if you were to ask would be 'cos i dont want big legs - just some size on my chest and arms'

its not until things get a bit more involved that you realise that its a daft way to go about it.

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
tel3563 said:
If you think rationally about leg training it really is a must yet so many don't train them.................... Why?

i went for the first 8 months of the gym without training my legs and then for the last 2 months i have been beasting them and my god... how stiff are you for the next three days haha it gets to the point where my glutes are to sore to sit! i have noticed loads of changes in my whole body since doing my legs. they where never to bad through playing rugby all my life.

·
spamming websites since 1995
2,477 Posts
tel3563 said:
But it hurts arms chest back shoulders traps as well
maybe apart from working your back... leg day is the day where your body is under the most stress ... therefore imo thats why some don't train legs.. cost its hard work

arms, chest, shoulders etc... don't even compare to a hard leg session.

plus most want to look good when there out on a night out so unless you go to a bar in shorts no one will see your legs .. so they concentrate on the upper body.

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shorty said:
arms, chest, shoulders etc... don't even compare to a hard leg session Agreed, I think it may be the aftermath it leaves

plus most want to look good when there out on a night out so unless you go to a bar in shorts no one will see your legs .. so they concentrate on the upper body. I think this in No1
Alex could you tell me why you never trained legs for 8 months, is it because of above? or is it naivety?

Just started training my son a couple of weeks ago and need him to realise how important legs are (he's 16) so your input would be grateful:beer:

·
Gobby
10,535 Posts
shorty said:
maybe apart from working your back... leg day is the day where your body is under the most stress ... therefore imo thats why some don't train legs.. cost its hard work

arms, chest, shoulders etc... don't even compare to a hard leg session.

plus most want to look good when there out on a night out so unless you go to a bar in shorts no one will see your legs .. so they concentrate on the upper body.
True - I've seen a lot of blokes in gyms with an impressive upper body but then I look down and their calves are smaller than mine! I admit to now being a bit of a muscle snob and will always check out the bottom half to make sure it matches the top..... :laugh:

The lads that want to look good on a night out forget that a well-filled pair of jeans looks damn good too :thumb:

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
tel3563 said:
Alex could you tell me why you never trained legs for 8 months, is it because of above? or is it naivety?

Just started training my son a couple of weeks ago and need him to realise how important legs are (he's 16) so your input would be grateful:beer:
The reason i didnt do legs was proberly just for the fact that i was a 17 year old lad and didnt realise how important it was, if you have a look on my thread in the welcome lounge theres soem good info on there,

Also to be fair it has to be one of the nicest fealing when you wake up and then your hams and calves just die on you! could be worth starting your son off with legs as soon as you get him in the gym, i wouldnt say to rouin him firs tleg session because that what i did and was sore for around 4 days!

Good luck mate.

·
Gobby
10,535 Posts
shorty said:
i can tell you now that guys with huge legs won't where tight jeans :lol: :lol:
True, but you can still tell............men with huge legs don't have flat backsides either....... :thumb:

I just can't stand the really baggy hanging off the **** jeans look :cursing:

G

·
tel3563 said:

Like Pete said 'because it's chuffin hard' but thats where the kick comes from pain is good, pain is nice pain and stiffness after makes you smile, t-shirt boys don't want this they just think they look good if they have a huge upper body. Personally I love trainin legs especially the bit where I wanna puke ...................

Women look at guys in this order: eyes, chest, legs from the front, from behind its legs, bum, shoulders.

T-shirt boys haven't yet fathomed out that they look like dikcs to women. You see a huge guy in the gym, you think m he's pretty damn hot you work your way down and see match stick legs and it's a urghhhhhhhhh :laugh:

oops sorry thread seems to have gone orf the subject of trainin legs :blush:

Lind x

·
Newbie Trainer
2,662 Posts
Its laziness, you don't people don't see them so why train them for most people. That and they aint been introduced to squats and deadlifts, so don't realise how easy it is to train legs. When I say easy, I don't mean that there easy to do, just that you don't need to spend hours doing isolation exercises on them.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.