UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this realy annoys me,

i hit a pb yesterday on my flat bench i did 120 for 8 reps which is what ive been trying to hit for ages,

anyway so i was talking to my mate about it and some lad who trains in the gym turns round and asked what i can bench so i told him about me doing my pb and he replies with i can bench 180KG

but i know for a fact that he can't i have spotted him recently and he was lifting 90kg

then he kept going on about what he curls etc, anyway i ask him what he squats and he replied with i dont train my legs because i jab in them so they get big from that, the thing is he was being serious,

he gives us bodybuilders a bad name

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
what you lying for, you did 70kg :) lol

i dunno, i think its just a male ego think, its just like the guys who do curls with a swinging back or a squat that their legs hardly bend etc

pointless

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
He sounds like a few of the chav d1cks that I hear talking gym!!

Its the same as when they brag about sha99ing loads of girls etc.

Sad really and as for not training legs coz he jabs then it just shows his level of knowledge.

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
Some bloke told me he could dead 250kg, i was in there the other day and i did 175kg and he was really impressed as he was only doing 60kg. I just shook my head, put my headphones back in and carried on. Sad that people need to lie.

Sorry, sad that they feel they need to lie.

·
Looking Freaky
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stevo99 said:
what you lying for, you did 70kg :) lol

i dunno, i think its just a male ego think, its just like the guys who do curls with a swinging back or a squat that their legs hardly bend etc

pointless
ok i admit it was only 70kg im a compulsive liar haha

it just winds me up, id rather be able to lift lighter with good form than heavy with bad form,

·
Five days a week, my body is a temple. The other t
2,180 Posts
I would have said to him .... GO ON BIG MAN SHOW ME HOW ITS DONE! ... He would have come up with some p1ss pore excuse why he couldnt do it

·
Looking Freaky
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G-man99 said:
He sounds like a few of the chav d1cks that I hear talking gym!!

Its the same as when they brag about sha99ing loads of girls etc.

Sad really and as for not training legs coz he jabs then it just shows his level of knowledge.
i think north wales is infested with the c**ts mate

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
I couldn't care less about weight, as long as what i lift makes me grow that's all i care about. I'm not a powerlifter.

You do get it quite a lot when guys that are smaller than you say they can lift more though, i just say 'it looks like it's really working for you', and leave it at that as i walk off smirking...

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,495 Posts
diesel09 said:
this realy annoys me,

i hit a pb yesterday on my flat bench i did 120 for 8 reps which is what ive been trying to hit for ages,

anyway so i was talking to my mate about it and some lad who trains in the gym turns round and asked what i can bench so i told him about me doing my pb and he replies with i can bench 180KG

but i know for a fact that he can't i have spotted him recently and he was lifting 90kg

then he kept going on about what he curls etc, anyway i ask him what he squats and he replied with i dont train my legs because i jab in them so they get big from that, the thing is he was being serious,

he gives us bodybuilders a bad name
?? why???

It was one trainer\bodybuiler talking to another

You by telling this story are in fact bellitling those that train, not him

Just saying:)

Besides what really gives BBders a bad name, is walking round looking super hench and arrogant, nailing others bids chicks at will:lol: :lol:

In fact not really a bad name, more of jealous frustrated comments from pencil necks and Betas and fat birds that have no chance of getting laid by a fit one:D

·
Citius, Altius, Fortius
1,664 Posts
Men lie about how much they can lift because it is ultimately linked to how manly people will perceive you. We all know that strength isn't the only statistic, it's just that people believe it to be that.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.