UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does adding anavar to a test cycle do over what test on it's own couldn't do? I've got about 2-3wks of test left at the end of my current bulk, and wondering if i add some anavar in now and cut calories I can get a bit more shredded. I think any muscle gain i will make in the next 2 wks will be less benefitial than some fat loss.
Arm Watch Muscle Mirror Beard

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve far exceeded what I was hoping for in terms of mass gain from the last 11wks. I wasn’t hoping to be massive, just a bit more athletic. I haven’t actually gained any extra fat in this cycle. I was planning on 12wks, but probably have enough test for 13. I am reasonably lean, but think losing a couple of kilos would be the icing on the cake. Since I have a holiday in mid August it would be great to be a bit leaner for that. But I don’t want to start cutting in PCT. So using week 12 and the ‘bonus’ week to cut feels the right thing for me. Adding anavar (which is probably winstrol!) is just an idea as I have it kicking around.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You could achieve that body and much more naturally. No need for test. Time to look at your diet and training I’m afraid
That boat has sailed. I’m already on test and near the end of it. And quite happy with my muscle mass. Just looking to lose a bit of fat to make it pop

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gained 10kg in weight in 11wks so far. And people are noticing. So it’s definitely worked.
450 test e, worked up to 3000cals, started at 74kg and 188cm. I’ve not gained or lost fat which was the goal. So very pleased with how it’s gone. I just started with 2-3kg of fat more than ideal, but had got to the point that for every gram I lost in fat I was losing in muscle. So jumped on the gear to put some weight on. And now thinking of carrying on to lose those 2-3kg of fat that didn’t shift when not on anything.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was not sure about posting this as I don't want to appear unkind or unsupportive but frankly you have no business at all being on steroids at this point.

it was brave of you to post pics of course but it just shows that you have very little development at this stage and I am afraid you need to go back to square one, skip the gear for a couple of years and go back to progressively lifting heavy things and eating plenty of good food.
I’ve spent 2 years really struggling to put weight on. I’d say at most I put on 5kg in 2yrs. I’m dedicated to doing all the right things and have been for years. With the changes I’ve seen in just 11wks I know I’ve done the right thing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
But you've just said above, 10kg of the weight you put on "must be a lot of water".

If you were dedicated to doing all the right things and for years as you say, you'd not be on here asking newbie questions about gear.

You'd also carry a higher proportion of muscle on your physique.

Neither photo looks like a person who's "dedicated to doing all the right things for years"

The photos resemble a person who hasn't been lifting long and doesn't lift heavy, given your height and weight, that also leads me to question your diet in terms of volume of food and choice of food.
I’m not sure where this idea you have to earn your stripes and must get muscular before you can think about using gear. You will just have to believe me, but my diet and exercise has been carefully followed and it turns out I am just not genetically gifted to put muscle on. I’m still 10kg off my genetic limit, but I’m happy where I am at in terms of muscle. So I’ve achieved what I set out to do and it took me 11wks instead of 2yrs!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not true matey. Noob gains come hard and fast when you nail the basics, even without gear. You could have done what you did naturally in a much shorter time frame than 2 years.
It wouldn't have been shorter than 12wks! In any case, I've been lifting 2yrs already so noob gains period has gone. I had the physique of a Kenyan long distance runner when I started! Insults aside, I know I have a long way to go, but it's a lot closer now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I've tried everything logical to gain mass naturally at a greater rate. Training is well structured and dedicated, tried upping calories to the point where fat gain became an issue, plenty of protein/macro split, etc... One issue I have is that when I cut to lose any fat I have gained during the bulk, it just attacks the muscle gained at the same rate as fat (despite training hard, high protein, etc..). I know on the face of it there seems like I am doing something wrong, but I am just at the extreme end of hard gainers. You are welcome to find that hard to believe...

Again, it doesn't really matter. I gained 10kg in 12wks, and I am very happy with that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Back on topic. I've added 40mg of anavar for the last week whilst in a calorie deficit. Pre calorie deficit I was managing to up weights on most exercises week by week, but now using anavar and on a deficit I haven't seen any strength gains. Putting that down to the calorie deficit and anavar not kicking in yet. But after a fairly immediate 1kg weight loss which will be water weight, my weight has remained stable over the week but fat has been reducing. My guess is that in another week I will be where I will be where I wanted to get for this summer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
No such thing as hard gainers. You probably weren’t eating enough, doing progressive overload or a combination of the two.

then in a cut you were more than likely cutting too aggressively. Simple as that.
As mentioned, I ate to the point of excessive fat gain and cut back from there. So calorie intake was fine. Cutting, I kept the weight loss to 0.5kg/wk which is within recommended limits.
At the end of the day if you're happy then that's all that matters. I would recommend you bulk for a good year or 2 to build some proper mass. The reason you think you lose loads of muscle on a cut is because you lacked it to start with. Use gear or don't, that's your choice but your main focus should progressive overloading for a long period of time
I have been bulking and cutting for a couple of years, but erred on the side of more calories than less so always ended up with a cut. Am going to try a different route and bulk to limit fat loss for a while now (with or without gear).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
End of last bulk. Last bulk was 5 months. I actually didn't ask for help. Just seem to be getting grief anyway. You may want to re-look at the topic of the thread!
Joint Arm Stomach Muscle Sleeve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You've not got the muscle to look good after a cut which is relevant to your thread because you're asking about Anavar to cut at the end of your cycle. Just being straight with you. Bulk for a long period of time with progressive overload or forever spin your wheels
Thanks. That is good input. Somehow this thread has turned in to a forensic study of whatever I have being doing to date. Think I'm going to have to stop feeding this and shut up now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts