UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does adding anavar to a test cycle do over what test on it's own couldn't do? I've got about 2-3wks of test left at the end of my current bulk, and wondering if i add some anavar in now and cut calories I can get a bit more shredded. I think any muscle gain i will make in the next 2 wks will be less benefitial than some fat loss.
Arm Watch Muscle Mirror Beard

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
For me it gives a touch of fullness, a little boost in strength and better pumps during training. Lots of people think they can take it and it’ll automatically make them look lean and dry but cosmetically, I think it’s the icing on the cake for a physique that is already lean. The strength and pumps are good regardless of body fat for a drug that is so mild though.

·
Registered
Autoregulated at the moment
1,414 Posts
A couple of reasons comes to mind.
It possess anti-catabolic properties which is obviously great especially on a cutting phase.
As a DTH derivative it will contribute to strength improvementt which is a nice side benefit although bodybuilding isn't necessarily about being the strongest person in the room.
And on top of enhances muscle mRNA expression thus contributes to overall anabolism as well.

·
Read Only
1,274 Posts
Adding in Anavar will give you a strength boost and make your pumps better/make your pumps last longer. If you want to add it then add it. But it won’t burn fat so don’t bother using it for that.

Why would you want to do a cut for 2-3 weeks at the end of a bulking cycle? You’re already pretty lean and need to add more muscle, so just stick to your plan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve far exceeded what I was hoping for in terms of mass gain from the last 11wks. I wasn’t hoping to be massive, just a bit more athletic. I haven’t actually gained any extra fat in this cycle. I was planning on 12wks, but probably have enough test for 13. I am reasonably lean, but think losing a couple of kilos would be the icing on the cake. Since I have a holiday in mid August it would be great to be a bit leaner for that. But I don’t want to start cutting in PCT. So using week 12 and the ‘bonus’ week to cut feels the right thing for me. Adding anavar (which is probably winstrol!) is just an idea as I have it kicking around.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
What does adding anavar to a test cycle do over what test on it's own couldn't do? I've got about 2-3wks of test left at the end of my current bulk, and wondering if i add some anavar in now and cut calories I can get a bit more shredded. I think any muscle gain i will make in the next 2 wks will be less benefitial than some fat loss.
View attachment 216767
You could achieve that body and much more naturally. No need for test. Time to look at your diet and training I’m afraid

·
Registered
Autoregulated at the moment
1,414 Posts
just to see if i have some sort of reaction (elf and safety)
I do like the fact that you are health conscious but as said above 10mg isn't very likely going to produce any dramatic body composition change, especially in such a short period of time.
And if you are already willing to take a small risk then at least try to make the most of it.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I think your wasting your time.
Anavar doesn't kick in immediately, using it after nearly 3 months bulking makes no sense.

You don't look like someone who's after 12 weeks of bulking while on test. Have you a before pic to compare?

Your talking about muscle gain in 2 weeks, takes longer than that.
You say you haven't gained any fat during the bulk, again it doesn't look like you've committed to a bulk.

What dose of test were you running?
How many calories a day are you eating?
What's your weight and height before the "bulk"?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gained 10kg in weight in 11wks so far. And people are noticing. So it’s definitely worked.
450 test e, worked up to 3000cals, started at 74kg and 188cm. I’ve not gained or lost fat which was the goal. So very pleased with how it’s gone. I just started with 2-3kg of fat more than ideal, but had got to the point that for every gram I lost in fat I was losing in muscle. So jumped on the gear to put some weight on. And now thinking of carrying on to lose those 2-3kg of fat that didn’t shift when not on anything.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Gained 10kg in weight in 11wks so far. And people are noticing. So it’s definitely worked.
450 test e, worked up to 3000cals, started at 74kg and 188cm. I’ve not gained or lost fat which was the goal. So very pleased with how it’s gone. I just started with 2-3kg of fat more than ideal, but had got to the point that for every gram I lost in fat I was losing in muscle. So jumped on the gear to put some weight on. And now thinking of carrying on to lose those 2-3kg of fat that didn’t shift when not on anything.
Do you reckon that's 10kg of muscle as you said you didn't put on any fat?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts