as the title says who is your favourite

bodybuilder: dorian yates

Strongman: jon pal sigmarrson

Powerlifter: Andy bolton

Weightlifter: misha koklayev

·
Gym Addict
431 Posts
I dont follow bodybuilding too much, so it would have to be the predictable Big ron:D

In terms of strongman, Mark Felix and Derek Poundstone seem great guys and have acheived alot.

Powerlifting, yeh Andy Bolton, deadlifts my favourite lift so he stands out for his unsurpassed strength, and I like watching vids of Scott Cartwright from Supertraining gym. He has put up some big squats, and a few records.

Olympic lifting I dont know many of the lifters but would agree with your choice misha koklayev, he has done some huge lifts and seems to have a great sense of humour and personality. The accordion video is quite a funny watch.

·
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-picture
1,272 Posts
Bodybuilder - Dorian Yates for his general badassery, achievements, training philosophy and most of all for that mahooosive back of his!

Strongman - Mariusz Pudzianowski - the best athlete ever who can eat pork chops and chocolate all day long and still have a 6 pack with visible pectoral veins!

Powerlifter - Dave Tate without a doubt - the greatest philospopher of all time IMO. He just seems to talk so much sense in everything he says its scary.

Weightlifter - Zoe Smith - only 16 years old with awesome determination. Go GB!

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
hsmann87 said:
Bodybuilder - Dorian Yates for his general badassery, achievements, training philosophy and most of all for that mahooosive back of his!

Strongman - Mariusz Pudzianowski - the best athlete ever who can eat pork chops and chocolate all day long and still have a 6 pack with visible pectoral veins!
x2 on those :thumb:

·
Gym Addict
370 Posts
Although a BBer I don't really admire too many perhaps Arnold for all his achievements.

Powerlifting and Strongman only one man for me Bill Kazmaier, broke so many landmark records in both disciplines.

Weightlifter Vasil Alexyeev

With Honourable mentions for Franco Columbu - the greatest BBer and PLer combined, Marvin Eder lb for lb possibly the strongest man to have ever lived and Pat Casey (First man to bench 600lb).

·
Chasing The Dream
4,870 Posts
Bodybuilder - Dorian Yates, every fellow pro would say nobody trained harder than Yates.

Strongman - Jon Pall Sigmarsson, 4 times worlds strongest man and changed the general publics attitude with his charismatic personality.

Powerlifter - Ed Coan, many say the greatest pound for pound powerlifter that ever lived.

Weightlifter - Matthias Steiner, went on to upset the odds and win the 2008 Super Heavyweight Olympic gold medal after his wife was killed in a car accident a year earlier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.