UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bodybuilding purposes aside, does anyone ever have a shake as a snack/treat i.e. for enjoyment?

Personally I've never tried a shake I didn't actually enjoy (especially in milk) and I often drink them for enjoyment regardless or whether my body 'needs' the protein or not.. Anyone else do this?!

For example, I'm currently cutting on the anabolic diet.. as a 'snack' so to speak, I'll have 1.5 scoops of Nutrisport 90+ choccy w/ 400-500ml Unsweetened Soya milk.. Yum!

·
Looking Freaky
489 Posts
Never been a fan of protein shakes only ever drank them for purpose, never pleasure. Altho never liked milk shakes either.

I do enjoy certain protein bars tho. Met-rx bars are pretty tasty, tho collosal 100 bars are whatever they're called.

·
Sporting 21 inch pythons brother
1,509 Posts
Yeah depending on the taste I will have the odd shake purely for the taste rather than out of neccessity. Just got some Gaspari Myofusion Strawberries & Cream - very nice it is too!!

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
i do.

syntrax matrix cookies and cream tastes like a oreo crusher from kfc so my cousine tells me who tried my shake other week. USN IGF pistacio is awesome and reflex peptide in choc mint is like drinking mint aeros. also ON casein is like drinking a snickers milkshake when you add peanut butter.

all ways i keep my sweet tooth satisfied without eating rubbish :)

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ruaidhri said:
Why soya milk?

And apart from the fact I rely heavily on shakes for protein intake, I'm same as Hilly in that I can satisfy my sweet cravings with a milk protein shake rather than eating junk
Because unsweetened soya milk has f*ck all carbs in it yet gives the shake a nicer taste/consistency. Basically aiming to eat 30g carbs or less per day on weekdays and so milk has too many carbs in it to justify using it.

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
WannaGetStacked said:
Because unsweetened soya milk has f*ck all carbs in it yet gives the shake a nicer taste/consistency. Basically aiming to eat 30g carbs or less per day on weekdays and so milk has too many carbs in it to justify using it.
can i ask why your cutting mate if thats you in your avi ?

to the orignal question, nope ive never done, dont see the point in wasting pro powder when its not needed plus you'l just sh1t out the extra protein your body doesnt use lol

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ryan16 said:
can i ask why your cutting mate if thats you in your avi ?

to the orignal question, nope ive never done, dont see the point in wasting pro powder when its not needed plus you'l just sh1t out the extra protein your body doesnt use lol
It's a bit misleading.. I was slightly lower BF% and it was pumped.. I'd say I'm probably about 20% BF atm! Want to get it right down before I bulk.

·
chew the fat, eat the weights!
223 Posts
Not really, love eating proper food rather than a shake. Although DR protien does taste good, I never feel full after one.

Steak poached eggs & a little nando's hot sauce though......mmmmmmm

·
3,851 Posts
WannaGetStacked said:
It's a bit misleading.. I was slightly lower BF% and it was pumped.. I'd say I'm probably about 20% BF atm! Want to get it right down before I bulk.
mate your no way near 20% bf ! just get bulking, no point wasting time cutting when your where you are (at a low bf trust me!) cutting when you could be bulking :)

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ryan16 said:
mate your no way near 20% bf ! just get bulking, no point wasting time cutting when your where you are (at a low bf trust me!) cutting when you could be bulking :)
I've got recent pics in my journal (in the journal section) if you want to have a quick look, but trust I reckon I'm a good 20% or very close. Gonna keep trying to cut, but if I don't manage to stay motivated and am still going round in circles soon, then I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and do my first bulk!

I'd just rather start a bulk from being lean if I can, as it'll motivate me to keep my BF% down and not just go on some big dirty bulk!

·
3,851 Posts
WannaGetStacked said:
I've got recent pics in my journal (in the journal section) if you want to have a quick look, but trust I reckon I'm a good 20% or very close. Gonna keep trying to cut, but if I don't manage to stay motivated and am still going round in circles soon, then I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and do my first bulk!

I'd just rather start a bulk from being lean if I can, as it'll motivate me to keep my BF% down and not just go on some big dirty bulk!
then do a lean bulk mate, not all bulks have to be dirty ones lol

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan16 said:
then do a lean bulk mate, not all bulks have to be dirty ones lol
Yeah I know haha, but I mean if I'm still a much higher BF% than I want to be, I won't have much motivation to stick to a lean bulk, because I'll have nothing to motivate me to 'keep' a low BF% (Because I don't have it.) If I can get my BF% right down, I won't want it to go up drastically again, so I'll be motivated to work hard and stay on track to avoid that!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.