UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
I'm very weary of covid to be totally honest with you. Before covid I would cough on maybe 30 to 40 a people a day. I do it to about 15 a day now so I'm definitely playing my part in this to keep the numbers down

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Don't look now....but that what they be trying to do!

Does make me laugh though when you see our media journalists in some 3rd world/ war torn country going on about covid and the covid vaccines etc.

As if people in these countries have the luxury to get their knickers in a twist over a novel cold virus.

And they try to make out the people there are really scared of covid...As they dodge the dropping bombs and don't know where their next meal is coming from.

This covid shyt just shows how completely pussified the developed world has become. Go back to the late 60s/early 70s and see how the UK dealt with the Hong Kong flu pandemic.

No phagotry and histrionics. Just sensible measures and soldier on.
In UK in the 1960s and 70s there were 10 hospital beds per 1000 people, now there are about 2.5 per 1000 people. Soldiering on without overwhelming the NHS was much more possible then. Also diseases tended to spread less quickly without the need for lockdowns as people weren't travelling anywhere near as much and people were far less obese. Even with the restrictions we had lots of hospitals were over capacity and people with cancer had delayed diagnoses and treatment.
New Zealand has dealt with covid by far the best compared to most other countries and they had an extremely strict lockdown initially which was most crucially combined with strict closing of borders, air travel etc and enforced strict quarantines. As a result they've mostly been opened back up, still with strict quarantine and strong test, trace isolate while we were still messing around in endless partial lockdowns and experiencing hundreds of thousands of deaths whilst NZ had very few in comparison.

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
In UK in the 1960s and 70s there were 10 hospital beds per 1000 people, now there are about 2.5 per 1000 people. Soldiering on without overwhelming the NHS was much more possible then. Also diseases tended to spread less quickly without the need for lockdowns as people weren't travelling anywhere near as much and people were far less obese. Even with the restrictions we had lots of hospitals were over capacity and people with cancer had delayed diagnoses and treatment.
New Zealand has dealt with covid by far the best compared to most other countries and they had an extremely strict lockdown initially which was most crucially combined with strict closing of borders, air travel etc and enforced strict quarantines. As a result they've mostly been opened back up, still with strict quarantine and strong test, trace isolate while we were still messing around in endless partial lockdowns and experiencing hundreds of thousands of deaths whilst NZ had very few in comparison.
I've been looking at this data for quite some time and TBH there doesn't seem to be any conclusive evidence that lockdowns have been of any net benefit (looking around the globe).

There are a few studies that have concluded this. One here from Stanford Uni. No doubt there are also studies that contradict this.

"Conclusions: While small benefits cannot be excluded, we do not find significant
benefits on case growth of more restrictive NPIs. Similar reductions in case growth
may be achievable with less- restrictive interventions."
Assessing mandatory stay‐at‐home and business closure effects on the spread of COVID‐19 (wiley.com)

New Zealand is a good example of a strict lockdown country that's fared well but there are plenty of countries that have also fared remarkably well without any lockdowns. And Peru which apparently had the strictest lockdown of any country, also happens to have the worst death rate , with more than 5k dead per million of population.

We were told the lockdowns were to stop the NHS becoming overwhelmed but the hospitals have actually ended up seeing significantly less patients overall since the beginning of covid than they did in normal times.

With the rationing of healthcare and hyping up of the virus (scarring tons of patients away), we've basically simulated the effects of the NHS being overwhelmed anyway. With the numbers seen for heart disease, strokes, cancer diagnosis/consultations hugely down across the board.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I've not had mine yet as I just can't decide which one to go for....
To the best of my current knowledge you don't actually get a choice....you get what you are given.
Or have things changed?

I think if you're still undecided after all this time then the answer (for you) is staring you in the face mate.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I've been looking at this data for quite some time and TBH there doesn't seem to be any conclusive evidence that lockdowns have been of any net benefit (looking around the globe).

There are a few studies that have concluded this. One here from Stanford Uni. No doubt there are also studies that contradict this.

"Conclusions: While small benefits cannot be excluded, we do not find significant
benefits on case growth of more restrictive NPIs. Similar reductions in case growth
may be achievable with less- restrictive interventions."
Assessing mandatory stay‐at‐home and business closure effects on the spread of COVID‐19 (wiley.com)

New Zealand is a good example of a strict lockdown country that's fared well but there are plenty of countries that have also fared remarkably well without any lockdowns. And Peru which apparently had the strictest lockdown of any country, also happens to have the worst death rate , with more than 5k dead per million of population.

We were told the lockdowns were to stop the NHS becoming overwhelmed but the hospitals have actually ended up seeing significantly less patients overall since the beginning of covid than they did in normal times.

With the rationing of healthcare and hyping up of the virus (scarring tons of patients away), we've basically simulated the effects of the NHS being overwhelmed anyway. With the numbers seen for heart disease, strokes, cancer diagnosis/consultations hugely down across the board.
Nose Jaw Neck Happy Facial hair

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Whats the problem? covid test prior to going?

LOL!! 75% to stop white blood cells. ****ingggggg HELLLLLLLLL!!!

CLAIM: A study from the Francis Crick Institute in London found that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine destroys a type of white blood cell called the T cell and weakens the immune system.
AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The vaccine doesn’t destroy T cells or weaken the immune system. On the contrary, it generates a strong T cell response and boosts immunity, according to experts. A researcher at the Francis Crick Institute told The Associated Press the claim distorts his team’s work, which did not examine T cells.

edit:

But that’s not at all what the research shows, according to the Francis Crick Institute’s Dr. David Bauer, one of the study’s authors.
“Our work to date has not studied T cells at all,” Bauer told the AP in an email. “All research published to date shows that the Pfizer (and other) vaccines generate a strong, positive, protective T-cell response against SARS-CoV-2.”
Jaw Dog breed Art Event Heat

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
To the best of my current knowledge you don't actually get a choice....you get what you are given.
Or have things changed?

I think if you're still undecided after all this time then the answer (for you) is staring you in the face mate.
Yeh I don't think you could choose at the start but from what I hear now, you can check what vaccine each place is using before you book. Don't quote me though!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Yeh I don't think you could choose at the start but from what I hear now, you can check what vaccine each place is using before you book. Don't quote me though!
That's interesting to know because even though I want the 1st booster when it's offered to me (just to put my mind at ease during this transitional "post Covid/back-to-normal" period where society has been let loose again to make it's own stupid decisions) I've still had serious concerns about the booster after finding out that when the boosters are offered it is going to be the Pfizer jab this time for everyone (even if they were given AZ before).

Switching from AZ to Pfizer is the only concern I've had with the vaccines so far as it makes no sense to me and I personally wouldn't want to start mixing vaccines that all work in their own different and individual ways.

If I can't get AZ as my booster....I won't be having a booster shot at all !
That's not to say I don't trust the Pfizer or Moderna jabs but I think people should be kept on what they were orignally given if they tolerated it well with no serious side effects.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
**** no, never would, will happily move countries if it gets like Canada over here, See Brazil are pretty against it and any red state in America.

Couldn’t care less if someone else gets it, just was told not to get it by my private GP, his wife was involved in the making of the J&J one and couldn’t believe they were actually releasing it, he also noted that most the masses would run me get it as they base their decisions on what the media tell them, while a large percentage of the medical community were declining it, hence them mandating it, when they have to force doctors to take it you should maybe question it.

Anyway, it’s killed 2 I know and seriously harmed another 2, god knows what it will do to everyone long term but I’d rather sit it out and watch to see if anymore of you lot drop tbh, feels like we’re in black mirror 😂

Getting your records amended to allow for holidays isn’t hard at all so I’ve still happily been on a few holiday this year, only done one test so far and that was in Greece, never worn a mask, pretty clear the do absolutely nothing other than remind everyone to live in fear

Had Covid and still went gym while I had it, felt a bit sluggish but didn’t end up on ventilator or gasping for breath like the adverts would have you believe funnily.

Good to see the flu came back from its holiday and we now all need to be scared of that too, funnily the flu is actually a lot worse than Covid from my experience with the two but again, wearing a mask isn’t gona help, if I catch the flu I’m sure my immune system will do what it’s supposed to and I’ll be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
That's interesting to know because even though I want the 1st booster when it's offered to me (just to put my mind at ease during this transitional "post Covid/back-to-normal" period where society has been let loose again to make it's own stupid decisions) I've still had serious concerns about the booster after finding out that when the boosters are offered it is going to the Pfizer jab this time for everyone (even if they were given AZ before).

Switching from AZ to Pfizer is the only concern I've had with the vaccines so far as it makes no sense to me and I personally wouldn't want to start mixing vaccines that all work in their own different and individual ways.

That's not to say I don't trust the Pfizer or Moderna jabs but I think people should be kept on what they were orignally given if they tolerated it well with no serious side effects.
Forehead Nose Face Head Lip

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
1) Couldn’t care less if someone else gets it.

2) Had Covid and still went gym while I had it
Thanks for confirming what me and my own mind and my gut instinct have known for so many years already, that there's so many people out there in the world that are just absolute f**king disgusting w*nkers like you 🖕

Covid is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lack of morals and decency within modern society these days :rolleyes:

I predict this reply is probably going to spark massive retaliation and insults from the hoards of crazy young trolls lurking in the shadows here just waiting for their chance to strike and start another fight with me as usual LOL ....but do I care and will I get sucked in and respond....No! :sleep::sleep::sleep:😎😎😎

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Strangely enough it's apparently those with a PHD who are the most reluctant group to take the vaccine.

"People with a PhD are the most hesitant when it comes to getting the Covid-19 vaccine, according to a paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh."

Americans with PhDs are most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID (msn.com)
I wonder if these PHD people actually live in the real world though and have had to come in to contact with and deal with large numbers of the general public, in close contact, every day of the week?
It's easy to reject a vaccine within an elite community of people that haven't experienced loss of life and death of friends and family etc because they live an elite lifestyle in a secure bubble of medical knowledge.

If they've got conclusive proof we don't need covid vaccines and shouldn't use them....F**KING TELL US AND PROVE IT!!!!!

We're not taking vaccines for fun!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Thanks for confirming what me and my own mind and my gut instinct have known for so many years already, that there's so many people out there in the world that are just absolute f**king disgusting w*nkers like you 🖕

Covid is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the lack of morals and decency within modern society these days :rolleyes:

I predict this reply is probably going to spark massive retaliation and insults from the hoards of crazy young trolls lurking in the shadows here just waiting for their chance to strike and start another fight with me as usual LOL ....but do I care and will I get sucked in and respond....No! :sleep::sleep::sleep:😎😎😎
Calm down ket mate. You'll give yourself an aneurism

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Calm down ket mate. You'll give yourself an aneurism

LOL I know mate. I've had a few gins tonight after a 48 hour shift so I'm "letting of some steam"...but I still mean what I say ;)

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts

The brainwashing is strong in this one

·
Some Boy for One Boy
10 reps x 3 sets, each workout... 2 days rest and repeat
2,355 Posts
LOL I know mate. I've had a few gins tonight after a 48 hour shift so I'm "letting of some steam"...but I still mean what I say ;)
48 hour shift? .. so you work as nurse in hospital?

·
Some Boy for One Boy
10 reps x 3 sets, each workout... 2 days rest and repeat
2,355 Posts
That's interesting to know because even though I want the 1st booster when it's offered to me (just to put my mind at ease during this transitional "post Covid/back-to-normal" period where society has been let loose again to make it's own stupid decisions) I've still had serious concerns about the booster after finding out that when the boosters are offered it is going to be the Pfizer jab this time for everyone (even if they were given AZ before).

Tie Dress shirt Sky Sleeve Coat

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

😂 got to love how entitled people like you are.

Wear your mask, take your vaccine and take precautions if you genuinely believe the data on this virus warrants them.

Don’t expect others to risk their health with a unproven vaccine that’s producing serious sides effects at a much higher rate than any other vaccine when they have perfectly capable immune systems and/or wear a muzzle because of your own insecurities 👍

61 - 80 of 127 Posts