UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gym Addict
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . . other than at your local gp's?? Went in there today but they weren't interested that I had low sex drive/gyno symptoms . . . or anything to do with my hormones, because apparently they'll just go back to normal in 6 weeks after taking a 'suspicious' supplement, but we'll run a standard blood test to check for diabetes.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
chilisi said:
How do you rate these mate..?

I'm looking into a clinic near me, but I havent heard back from them yet.
Test is great, very quick, clean, professional. Results are very detailed and well explained.

Pre and post-sales care leaves a lot to be desired though. No replies to emails afterwards as I had a few questions and this pi$$ed me off.

Would I recommend - probably but I would also consider alternatives.

·
Newbie Trainer
13 Posts
there's no way the DoctorLtd is worth £150 when u don't even see a doctor. Just get a blood test done for free at your GP's.

I used them before cos u see them mentioned on the forums so often but I wouldn't use 'em again.

I resent the £150 I spent. If I can stop just one other person using them then I'll feel a bit better, not a lot better, but a bit better.... if I could get my £150 back I'd feel a lot better.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,122 Posts
Nathan1 said:
there's no way the DoctorLtd is worth £150 when u don't even see a doctor. Just get a blood test done for free at your GP's.

I used them before cos u see them mentioned on the forums so often but I wouldn't use 'em again.

I resent the £150 I spent. If I can stop just one other person using them then I'll feel a bit better, not a lot better, but a bit better.... if I could get my £150 back I'd feel a lot better.
i dont really see the problem with this, a nurse is just as capable of taking blood. You get a written report so if anything is up you can just go to the docs with the report and show them.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,122 Posts
ruaidhri said:
why would people pay so much, can you not get it free at the doc?
unless you have a very good doc you're unlikely to get a comprehensive test, they probably just test for specific things.

tbh whilst it seems a lot of money imo its a small price to pay for your health

·
Getting HUGE!
1,122 Posts
ruaidhri said:
I know but if I was cycling regularly I'd like to get tested fairly regularly aswell, and that would cost looooads.

So could you get tested for just liver and lipid values easy enough at most gps?
i have had blood tests done for this so cant really comment, think it depends on whether you want to tell the docs your on gear or not. if you do tell them and they arent the usual dismissive type then you may be able to get tests quite regularly and for what you want.

However if you dont want to tell the docs what your taking you could probably get them done as a one of my looking up the symptoms for a bad liver function and say you have that, although i suspect this would have limited effect, id i doubt you could use it more than once.

having said this i could be talking complete bollox :lol:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,122 Posts
ruaidhri said:
cheers

well docs are meant to be completely confidential so you should be able to discuss anything with them. i'd have no problem coming clean about it, just hope he doesn't attribute every single health problem i have in the future to aas use!!!
whilst the docs are confidential your steroid usage will be on your permanent medical record which means in the future should you get health/life insurance it could invalidate it etc. plus theres the possibility that when something goes wrong with you health wise they will just blame it on steroids rather than looking for the actual course.

its entirely personal, but when i start using in the future i wont be telling my gp.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
gumballdom said:
whilst the docs are confidential your steroid usage will be on your permanent medical record which means in the future should you get health/life insurance it could invalidate it etc. plus theres the possibility that when something goes wrong with you health wise they will just blame it on steroids rather than looking for the actual course.

its entirely personal, but when i start using in the future i wont be telling my gp.
Agree 100%. I would rather they didn't know about it.

·
Gym Addict
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nathan1 said:

Don't worry mate, 150 pounds is staying firmly in my bank, christ! I'm probably going to spend it on mt2 and ciallis if they makees you feel better!? ha

Think I will just try a different doc at the gp's office, just lay it on a bit thicker this time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.