UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on when I best to do my weight training. I currently work as a car valeter and usually work from 9ish to 5ish. My question is when am I best training. I currently go before work but with it being a physical job i a worried i am not giving chance for my muscles to repair. If I go after work im knackered. Any advise would be welcome

Cheers,

Carl

·
UKBFF NORTH EAST SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011, JUNI
1,352 Posts
as long as your getting plenty of sleep at night (8hours) and eating a high carb diet ( aka plenty of food aka energy) then you should have enough energy to train after work ;)

i recomend around 7pm , get home have a massive meal (loads of rice or pasta with meat) and then 1-2hours later hit it hard ;) take some caffiene aswell , some people say not to do that because it keeps you up at night (aparantly) but i do that and i get to sleep fine around 10-11pm ;)

·
Getting HUGE!
1,602 Posts
The way i look at it is, your works your living.. you cant afford for your training to have a detrimental effect on your job. But you can the other way round. So its a no brainer for me like.

·
Gym Addict
398 Posts
RyanClarke said:
The way i look at it is, your works your living.. you cant afford for your training to have a detrimental effect on your job. But you can the other way round. So its a no brainer for me like.
unfortunatley this is so true m8 :-(

·
Newbie Trainer
8 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry too much about your work impeding your muscle development too much, not unless you're doing some seriously hard work. Also from a psychological perspective I find it easier to go before work. If I finish work and I'm knackered, or work mates want to go for a drink, etc, etc, I'm more likely to find an excuse not to go to the gym.

·
Gym Addict
457 Posts
Hi mate,

I used to be a valeter, self employed for 4 years. Its hard work. Lots of bending!

Id say just do 45 mins of weights after work 3 x per week! If you do it before work that would be just as good but you might ache a bit.

Does not really matter IMO as long as you hit the gym its all good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.