UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a lot of stupid gym myths floating around. Some have been around for decades. But occasionally, I will hear some EXTRA stupid ones.

What's a gym myth that you think is ultra-stupid or funny? Share with the group

·
Newbie Trainer
366 Posts
I'm in Iran at the min and got a bloke pinning test-e 3 times per week...pre workout... :LOL: had a week off gym last week as he was busy and didn't pin at all. Several people have told him to pin pre workout apparently.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Iran at the min and got a bloke pinning test-e 3 times per week...pre workout... :LOL: had a week off gym last week as he was busy and didn't pin at all. Several people have told him to pin pre workout apparently.
Oh jesus, that's a bad one

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
That carbs will magically turn into fat if you have them before bed. Also, that if you don't eat a slow digesting protein before bed you wont progress.

That you need 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

That you need to eat extra lean meats, egg whites, sugar free everything etc.... to loose bodyfat.

That steroids will make you magically grow lean tissue out of thin air.

That you can't take a week or two off if you're busy because you'll loose a load of progress.

That being cut and very lean year round is sustainable.

That deadlifts, squats etc.. are bad for your joints.

·
Newbie Trainer
🤨🤔DC🙂
2,550 Posts
Fitness ‘flakes & “you can be whoever you want to be, and achieve anything

• Haha
Reactions: Dr_Strong

·
Registered
Pick up, put down, repeat
563 Posts
the 2 that bug me the most are women who dont want to lift weights cos they dont want to get big and that eating fat makes you fat so all fats need to be avoided.
ahhh I knew a girl who wanted to train with me I used to be nailing her and we talked about going to the gym together but she didn’t want to lift weights because she didn’t wanna get huge.

As we all know, just looking at the dumb bell rack puts 1.5” extra on ya arms and that’s without even lifting them. Anyone else on here scared to get too big if they Accidentally do too many reps??

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Cardio kills gains

Intra workout nutrition (99% of the people doing this aren't training anywhere near hard or long enough to warrant it)

That you have to be skinny to do endurance sports

Protien shakes

·
Gym Addict
4,476 Posts
Steroids are “only the icing on the cake”

or

Diet 50% Training 30% Rest 15% Steroids 5%

I get the sentiment and why you might want to persuade people that steroids aren’t a magic pill. However a person can eat shit, train inconsistently and pump themselves full of test, Tren, Anadrol for 3 months and make far more progress than the most dedicated natty. Bodybuilders who weigh in 150% their “natty limit” lean are getting a bit more than 5%.

·
Premium Member
7,248 Posts
That huge "natty" mass monsters got that way using only protein powder......and they just happen to have their own brand which they will sell to you.

Carbs are horrible for you and must be avoided at all cost.

Anyone can get huge using steriods, you don't even have to workout, it's cheating.

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,544 Posts
You got to keep changing your routine or your body will get used to it

You need to form a good mind muscle connection

You need to eat more to lose weight cos of starvation mode like get me

1 - 20 of 45 Posts