UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6 Months off and getting back into the GRIND
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new whey protein, not sure what to get read several reviews and Ive just requested some samples of PHD and Boditronics but Id like to know what flavours you recomend/ what the taste is like/ thickness. Thanks

Boditronics Express Whey or PHD Pharma Whey or My Protein Impact Whey

Im leaning towards buying PHD pharma Chocolate but I am still not sure.... Id like to try strawberry Pharma whey or perhaps the coconut Boditronics.

·
Gym Addict
174 Posts
I am using the PHD whey at the moment and it's the Choc mint and it tastes brilliant. Best whey I have tasted, however, it does not agree with me (goes through me!) so I will be looking at either the myprotien or reflex whey as my next purchase. However, the PHD stuff is great (but not for me)

Jay

·
Phase 2: Hypertrophy Onslaught
82 Posts
Personally I would go with 'my protein' unflavoured - you then have the flexibility to cook with it and flavour it however you like.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, I dont think I can really be bothered with unflavoured... though.

Keep the comments coming. Cheers

·
Dieting :(
2,821 Posts
I'm currently on strawberry phd pharma. It's good stuff and tastes good. Always like strawberry Optimium Nutrition personally. Gonna look at myprotien next time, purely for the prices

·
EFBB Winner
3,147 Posts
sophos9 said:
Personally I would go with 'my protein' unflavoured - you then have the flexibility to cook with it and flavour it however you like.
Try MyProtein first and see where you go from there IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Boditronics Express Whey or PHD Pharma Whey or My Protein Impact Whey
Hi,

If comparing like-for-like we would recommend going for our True Whey within our MP Max range. You can order samples here if you want to try before you buy.

If you want to save some money and are not fussed about fancy packaging \ digestive enzymes take a look at our Whey Blend which is essential Impact Whey and Impact Isolate with flavouring for a reduced price. Again samples here.

Any questions please do ask.

MP Customer Care

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ye, Ive just ordered some samples from my protein ( had to pay 0.99 for each sample plus postage!!!!) and Im getting sent a selection from Boditronics for free!!! No reply from PHD as of yet.

Cant wait....

·
The future depends on what you do today
15,340 Posts
I found phd was frothy after mixing and quite sweet (strawberry).

Currently using ON Gold standard choc, mixes well and tastes good. Nearlly 25g protein per scoop and can get 10lb bag for £60 delivered

·
Looking Freaky
764 Posts
I've got the my protein whey, banana flavour, I think it's nice!! And very cheap and mixes well, i'll be getting all me protein from there now...

·
Dieting :(
2,821 Posts
G-man99 said:
I found phd was frothy after mixing and quite sweet (strawberry).

Currently using ON Gold standard choc, mixes well and tastes good. Nearlly 25g protein per scoop and can get 10lb bag for £60 delivered
yeah, I agree with that. think ON Gold standard is still my fave. only had the strawberry one though

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive tried ON Gold 100% Whey and I though the results where the best and quality was amazing!!! But I didn't think the taste was good at all and too thin for my liking... it was like flavoured water, best quality Ive come across though.

No contact from Phd yet though....? If I had a job and wasnt too bothered about cost I would try all of them but.... at the moment Ive got to dish out another £100 for my driving test. Failed today, didnt give way at a roundabout to a woman who wasnt moving, ridiculous!!!!!! Only got 4 minors!

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Hobbit JT said:
Ye, Ive just ordered some samples from my protein ( had to pay 0.99 for each sample plus postage!!!!) and Im getting sent a selection from Boditronics for free!!! No reply from PHD as of yet.

Cant wait....
Hi,

If you decide to buy the product which you bought samples for then let customer services know and we will refund the cost of the samples via a credit voucher.

We hope you enjoy the samples!

MP

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
boditronics whey is good i like the banana split and peanut toffee and you can get them for 30 quid a tub. i also like reflex whey have used it for years and have never found a better one.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive tried both the Boditronics and MP Max True Whey (myprotein.co.uk) samples of chocolate orange and I have to say wow! Both taste amazing;

taste: 1(dymatize/holland barrat)...........10(real milkshake eg Frijj)

Boditronics is lovely and thick creamy and of good consistency, It tastes exactly like a terry's chocolate orange, no bitterness or chemical taste.

Taste 10/10

Mixability 9/10

The True whey is quite nice too, the taste is alot weaker, less chocolate and the orange is more subtle. Not as thick and creamy as Boditronics but it has a nice ice-creamish after taste. Gets slightly frothy on top after shaking.

Taste 8/10 (a tad weak)

Mixability 9/10

The boditronics banana split is also nice, it tastes like ice-cream mixed with the pick & mix banana sweets. Thick and creamy, mixes better than the chocolate orange flavour for a weird reason and taste is incredible... Im looking forward to drinking my coconut cream tomorrow, so far extremely impressed with Boditronics!!!!

Taste 10/10

Mixability 9/10

1 - 20 of 30 Posts