UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
So many people I know just seem to live, they rarely do anything that brings them genuine joy.

For me it's getting out into nature on the road bike.

I've just stopped off for a brew 30km in, cracking sun, nature all around me, building on my health and having an absolute blast on an awesome bike.

Bar time with my son these are the moments that make me great full for everything around me.

I'm a right miserable tvwt BTW and these moments make me human again.
When my missus goes out with the girls and gets pissed. Comes home horny and I slip it in her ass

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Mountain biking. I'm 20 mins away from the Lakes, so I get out as much as I can.
Converted to an e bike yet? I bought a second hand Vitus e escarape for 2k few weeks back. 2021 model. He paid 3.2k for and wanted 2.6k i rocked up with 2 cash and took it. The red loop here in castlewellan is 9 miles means I can smash two laps in. I know it’s lazy but it makes more time to enjoy the recents. I also have a hard tail which I may sell but I do use it for general fitness too and I doubt wouldn’t get much second it’s a Trek roscoe 8

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
OP obviously I enjoy spending time with my kids and seeing them smile and have fun but in terms of making me feel alive it would have to be on a motorbike or doing a sky dive. I’ve my AFF licence which means I can rock up to any DZ in the world pay £15-50 depending on the airfield and set up and jump. Got it in the military years ago for around £1000 for all eight levels of the free fall licence system. Google AFF sky dive you’ll understand.

my missus and I discussed through lockdown about getting paragliding kit and doing it here on the north coast of Northern Ireland. We didn’t get round to it yet but would be interesting I think two of just jusr gliding off the cliffs and around the beautiful coast The kit isn’t too expensive to buy we could sell out mountain bikes and buy it just havent Made the commitment.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If being totally honest, I just live.
You have the odd good moment that sticks with you like family get-togethers and events but at the moment that’s it.
I definitely need to try to make more good times.
Do not mix with past friends anymore for a number of reasons so now being Billy-no-mates it’s hard to make any plans like that.
When I used to box I always felt more in the moment and content.
Me and the wife are totally different in our lifestyles.
She’s not fussed about gym and all that and never has been.
Right now it’s hard to just say ‘right I’m going out to something I enjoy’, while the missus deals with the baby etc.
Going to out to nice restaurants is great but doesn’t happen all that often as getting people to look after the kids can be difficult.
the gym is my sanctuary where it’s just me being selfish.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
You have the odd good moment that sticks with you like family get-togethers and events but at the moment that’s it.
Do not mix with past friends anymore for a number of reasons so now being Billy-no-mates it’s hard to make any plans like that.
Right now it’s hard to just say ‘right I’m going out to something I enjoy’, while the missus deals with the baby etc.
Going to out to nice restaurants is great but doesn’t happen all that often as getting people to look after the kids can be difficult.
That's not selfish dude. We all need a little time to call our own

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
Converted to an e bike yet? I bought a second hand Vitus e escarape for 2k few weeks back. 2021 model. He paid 3.2k for and wanted 2.6k i rocked up with 2 cash and took it. The red loop here in castlewellan is 9 miles means I can smash two laps in. I know it’s lazy but it makes more time to enjoy the recents. I also have a hard tail which I may sell but I do use it for general fitness too and I doubt wouldn’t get much second it’s a Trek roscoe 8
I don't think they are lazy. I've got an electric hybrid bike and during the lockdowns I used it loads. With a normal bike I don't think I would have used it as much.
I also use it to ride to work some times 11miles each way which I don't think I would bother to do on a normal road bike.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Ebike's heve their place but just not for me. I love the challange of what can be done with legs alone.

I'd love a surron electric crosser mind you

·
Registered
97 Posts
This huge great park near me is great to walk/do reconnaissance around. Been going for early morning fasted walks there. It’s stunning and makes you appreciate nature and reflect on being a selfish, narcissistic ****o.

Making an effort to do the walks during the lovely weather. Doing 5 miles and then hit the gym later that day for cycling/weights. I find it a good reset for me mentally to do the walks.

Bonus are the 4x4 owning yummy Mummies walking around at this hour 🤤 ✊🏾💦

The 2 bottom pics were from 08:10 this morning. I also like it at dusk. People out walking are tired from their day so their reflexes are slower….when I suddenly appear from behind….

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Wood
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Flower
Plant Cloud Sky Plant community Natural landscape

·
Premium Member
17,310 Posts
This huge great park near me is great to walk/do reconnaissance around. Been going for early morning fasted walks there. It’s stunning and makes you appreciate nature and reflect on being a selfish, narcissistic ****o.

Making an effort to do the walks during the lovely weather. Doing 5 miles and then hit the gym later that day for cycling/weights. I find it a good reset for me mentally to do the walks.

The 2 bottom pics were from 08:10 this morning. I also like it at dusk. People out walking are tired from their day so their reflexes are slower….when I suddenly appear from behind….

View attachment 216733 View attachment 216734

View attachment 216735 View attachment 216736
They look familiar.......

·
Everlasting
8,279 Posts
Having a good day/afternoon/night with the right people around, few beers lots of laughing and having quality time with quality people that are genuinely happy to see me doing well in life.

The gym, getting a good training session where I am stronger and also with a good pump.
Training with someone bigger and stronger than me and struggling the whole session.

Going for a walk.

Nature, hiking or simply being in some nice place with the breeze on my face.

My home, I just finished the move and having a space that I really like and enjoying it alone or in good company.

Travelling to a new country.

Taking care of myself, a self care day where I'd go solarium, massage, barber and throw in some spoiling shopping, being either a new pair of jeans, shoes or just some gym equipment.

Chilling on my balcony admiring the city from the height.

I am living a decent life, after years of struggle I've learnt to appreciate the most.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
I'm just about at the point of considering an e bike ( as a second bike) as I'm 54 and things have started to get harder. It would mean being able to box off big Lake District rides like the Four Passes or up and over Helvellyn In a fraction of the time ( especially when you are shot of time) and without feeling at the end like you've been run over by a truck. Plus, like you say, being able to ride trails more than once in a day. 👍👍

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

View attachment 216733 View attachment 216734

View attachment 216735 View attachment 216736
No pics of yummie mummies?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I could have wrote that whole thing myself. Same here

61 - 80 of 84 Posts