UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol bad thread but want to blow out! what a bad day i have had...

work isnt going well as all the members of my team are in one way or another bullies with no respect... day in day out they take the **** out of me for going to the gym... why i have no idea when i look at the big picture they need to sort there lives out they are genraly overweight, day in day out go to work mess around with computer then go home and mess around on computer games, then i come in and we talk about what we have been getting up to so i tel them im training hard to compete and have been at the gym every night and for some reason they dig me for it.... they know nothing about it as they havnt step foot in gym in there life, to be honest im not aggresive one bit however today things got on top of me and i wanted to lash out... one gimp in my office decided to hide my jacket pot with tuna and my diet coke for what 1 hour.... started to annoy me but i held back i know its a pathetic thing to get mad about but im trying to eat regular and get my food down me. you would maybe need to be in my shoes for this to frustrate you with them constantly on my case. anyway that enough for work.

Then i come home chill for an hour before going to the gym and when i get there i start training back, and things start to splip as some of the lads i used to train with start chatting away and i wanted to get my workout nailed then i would have all the time to chat i wanted.. thats only fair ? so i got a lil annoyed as it wasnt ending yap yap yap they carry on talking and im getting nothing done so i ask for 20 mins to finish trainin and then id go see em.. but naw they kick off saying why am i stressing... and that i should chill out a bit... i just wanted to train hahah then id go chat n mess around lol so now thats them thinkin im a n0b,

then come home and dad and brother are on my case sayin i need to not be such a n0b about things.... all i did was ask for 30 mins to get trainin done...while im on a rant ive been playing rugby for three years and ive totaly lost interest with it and bodybuilding has becoming such a priority in my life... may sound sad at 17 but thats how it is, all i think about before i go to bed and then its what i think about when i wake up in the morning... i need to quit rugby if i want to get into this training properly but my parents and brother say im going to let the lads down... nobody understand how into training i am, its not worth training rugby tuesday thursday and games sunday its screwing me over... what do i do? i dont have interest for rugby anymore...

Cheers if you had the patience to read! just a bad day in genral!

·
Road to Juniors 2011??!!
693 Posts
Stay positive mate. When times get tough it shows who the dedicated are so stay focused. Perhaps use the bullying from work in your gym as a sort of way to release the frustration from them mocking you.

Ignore the lads who wouldn't let you train properly, in my opinion people should be left to train as they want - you can't chat and sit about as it gets in the way of training.

And as for Rugby see how it goes for another few weeks and then if you really are fed up with it speak to your Dad about it & inform him of your new hobby. Perhaps get some bodybuilding magazines and show him how big you want to be & the fact you'd like to compete one day.

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haimer said:
Stay positive mate. When times get tough it shows who the dedicated are so stay focused. Perhaps use the bullying from work in your gym as a sort of way to release the frustration from them mocking you.

Ignore the lads who wouldn't let you train properly, in my opinion people should be left to train as they want - you can't chat and sit about as it gets in the way of training.

And as for Rugby see how it goes for another few weeks and then if you really are fed up with it speak to your Dad about it & inform him of your new hobby. Perhaps get some bodybuilding magazines and show him how big you want to be & the fact you'd like to compete one day.
Thanks mate, yeh the lads chatting at the gym is no big issue as there sound lads like, and they go there for the social crack.

My dad is in to training to and he train seriously but dosnt seem to get it... have told him and my mum im done with rugby and not happy when i play but i just get on with it to keep em quite... i told my coach last thursday that i wanted someone else to be captain as i no longer feal as dedicated and think it would benifit the lads more.

G

·
Chin up mate...the lads in your office firstly sound like total knobs, well done for holding back from smashing them in lol! As for your mates..why not train on your own? Not as fun, but get in, get your work done, go home eat and then chill. And as for Rugby, if this bodybuilding is what you want to do, sit your family down, tell them this is what makes you happy and they *should* support you. Its your life mate, work train and be happy!

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Waheed_Akhtar said:
Chin up mate...the lads in your office firstly sound like total knobs, well done for holding back from smashing them in lol! As for your mates..why not train on your own? Not as fun, but get in, get your work done, go home eat and then chill. And as for Rugby, if this bodybuilding is what you want to do, sit your family down, tell them this is what makes you happy and they *should* support you. Its your life mate, work train and be happy!
cheers buddie, yeh last week i did every bodypart with two lads which compete and that went realy well but because i was training with them it meant i was getting it done properly... for no reason i didnt train with them this week and things have gone downhill, i notices when training with them we train that hard you dont have the energy or time to gas... you get your talking done when your done.... i will sit down with the parents i think and tell them im not happy playing rugby... dad understands more than mum because hes been to bb show with me and has seen what its all about but still thinks im letting people down... at the end of the day if im not happy then i shouldnt be doing it...

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scousedaz said:
dont let them get u down m8 tell them to f.ck of stick with both m8 dont let no 1 tell u what to do in ya team work and so on
nice one mate , yeh i will just man up n let em get on with it at work... they can say whatever haha will be a differant story when i have a trophey to show them... or i may just keep my self to my self and not talk about the gym to em... just hard when u are neckin shakes and jacket pots at work while there on burger king n subway...

G

·
Alex Redford said:
cheers buddie, yeh last week i did every bodypart with two lads which compete and that went realy well but because i was training with them it meant i was getting it done properly... for no reason i didnt train with them this week and things have gone downhill, i notices when training with them we train that hard you dont have the energy or time to gas... you get your talking done when your done.... i will sit down with the parents i think and tell them im not happy playing rugby... dad understands more than mum because hes been to bb show with me and has seen what its all about but still thinks im letting people down... at the end of the day if im not happy then i shouldnt be doing it...
Exactly. And you wont be letting the team down, no point playing if your not set on it. You need to find new training partners. I train on my own alot and once a week with a mate...I find on my own, with my ipod in I get the work done quick, dont talk, and I push myself harder. The only prob is having no spotter but my gym is cool, been going for years and I know everyone so everyone helps each other

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waheed_Akhtar said:
Exactly. And you wont be letting the team down, no point playing if your not set on it. You need to find new training partners. I train on my own alot and once a week with a mate...I find on my own, with my ipod in I get the work done quick, dont talk, and I push myself harder. The only prob is having no spotter but my gym is cool, been going for years and I know everyone so everyone helps each other
yeh might give it a go solo mate, the lads at our gym all know each other and we all have a good laugh so spotting wont be a problem. music can get you high on adrenaline to so yeh good shout fella cheers

·
MP242262
3,054 Posts
Do what makes you happy mate, don't live your life for someone else, after all you only get one crack at it!

With regards to the t*ts at work, unfortunately bullies depend on people not confronting them as they are cowards and are looking for a soft target to make them look hard, once you do confront them about it "in a none violent way" you will soon find they will leave you alone and look for someone else to prey on, good luck!!!

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Chin up mate, as you age people will take you more seriously and realise this is what you want.

If I where you however I'd of gone ape fuking **** at some cnut stealing my food. Seriously I would of started busting heads! :laugh:

Just keep it calm and collected, like you are.

·
Banned
3,140 Posts
I stopped playing rugby and I had potential in the sport. I don't look back and I'd make the same decision again. I do miss it sometimes, but the damage I took from it compared to the injuries I've had since doing this is unbelievable.

I had hard lumps under my face for 2 years from getting smashed in the face every week, I've dislocated my jaw so many times I've lost count. I've fractured my eye socket and cheek bone. I've broken my foot. Damaged both knees, got loads of scars on my head. Rugby for me just wasn't worth it anymore. I only played competitively for 4 years, and I got paid to play for the last year but I prefer what I'm doing now.

·
Vincit qui se vincit
724 Posts
Lads at your office are jealous cause they cant summon that level of commitment and dedication to better themselves so they attack it.

As above, your life, do what you want not what pleases others.

G

·
hey mate i have been through similar as have many on here. you have to get used to it, people will try and bring you down to their level and noone wants you to do well..

when i started training i got the old 'you'll never be big' etc etc

then after 6 months or so the odd person at work would stop me on their own and ask what supplements i had taken

then when i said i was going to compete i obviously got a barrage of abuse.... 'yeah but your legs are like a chicken you look odd' blah blah

then after the show i brought copies of the beef and flex in with my picture in and good comments, and reviews where they said 'great legs under a very narrow waist'..... and basically said 'fcuk you'

nothing says 'fcuk you' better than an awesome physique and knowing they can do nothing about it.... and also people generally assume you are hard if you are a bit muscly so they tend to leave you alone and suck up to you if anything

most importantly dont let anything get in the way of what YOU want to do with YOUR life, this is an important lesson and one i am learning harshly at the minute!!

you never know whats going to happen, you could change you mind in a few years and want to play rugby again. so dont burn any bridges just be honest and say 'look this is not for me right now, i hope you dont feel let down because you shouldnt'

·
Put in 110%
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PHHead said:
Do what makes you happy mate, don't live your life for someone else, after all you only get one crack at it!

With regards to the t*ts at work, unfortunately bullies depend on people not confronting them as they are cowards and are looking for a soft target to make them look hard, once you do confront them about it "in a none violent way" you will soon find they will leave you alone and look for someone else to prey on, good luck!!!
yeh you got it there mate, no point playing rugby if its going to be half @rsed attempt... may aswell put 110% into this, will just keep my cool at work and if it carrys on may just flip lol dont wanna do that like as i would loose my job...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts