UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Were George Foreman return fights real or fake fights?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look how slow michael moorer was with him even evander holyfiel if he was really fighting normally he would knock him out in the first round, I don't know how these fights were never questioned by anyone, and if these fights are staged I don't know how many other fights are staged as well, I am afraid that boxing may eventually turn to another WWE and we will never watch a real fight.

·
Gym Addict
2,800 Posts
I dont think it was staged. George come back when he was 40 and he flew through the ranks again by most knock outs and he was a fearsome fighter. His knock outs back in the day were fearsome. Foremsn come from a different mentality to die in the ring. I’m unsure how much you know about foremen but most fighters feared him and Moore would of respected him and would of known this would have been a hard fight and it would of went the full 12 rounds. When George come back he had all the experience of learning to be much more patient than back in the day. Moore looked afraid in this fight. Tyson even feared George when he made a come back.

·
Looking Freaky
1,196 Posts
I have the same feeling of bemusement when I watch Joe Joyce fight.

Foreman right now at 72 years of age is faster than that lummox! 🥊🤔

·
Registered
37 Posts
No🤦‍♂️ do you realise how difficult it can be to impose your will against people of the stature of foreman & joyce? That plodding style may look slow & ineffectice,but these are naturally big men who employ their tactics very well

I know they are only fighting people in there same weight class, but its how they go about it - take joyce for example,he plods forward holding his weight and applies pressure,slow effective pressure,nothing at all technical about him,just a fighter who will zap your energy as you have to create distance,keep it long with him,to be affective and get your shots off, when youve got a man in front of you with his chin tucked & sitting on your chest all night,if you havent got the physical power to impose yourself and keep them honest, and respect you, then you will get knocked out

Foreman was a strong brutish type,with ferocious power,he will walk you down til he chins you,nothing fixed about that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts