1. The body is comprised of 80% water. There is not a more important thing we put in our body. This ratio must be maintained for good health.
2. It is difficult for the body to get water from any other source other than water itself. Soft drinks and alcohol steal tremendous amounts of water from the body. However, even other beverages such as coffee, milk and juice require water from the body to be properly digested.
3. Water plays a vital role in nearly every bodily function.
4. Water is essential for proper digestion, nutrient absorption and chemical reactions.
5. Water is essential for proper circulation in the body, and flexibility of the blood vessels.
6. Water helps remove toxins (acidic waste) from the body, in particular from the digestive tract.
7. Water regulates your body's temperature; imagine a car running water in the radiator.
8. Consistent failure to drink enough water can lead to Chronic Cellular Dehydration. This condition where the body's cells do not get hydrated enough leaving them in a weakened state, and vulnerable to disease processes. This could be likened to "brittleness and fragile". It weakens the body's overall immune system and leads to chemical, nutritional and pH imbalances.
9. Dehydration can occur at any time of year, not only during the summer months when it is hot. The dryness that occurs during winter can dehydrate the body quicker than when it is hot, one of the main causes being central heating and a dry atmosphere in the home. The other being not drinking enough water. Many diseases such as cholera are primarily through dehydration.
General Rule: You should drink half your weight in ounces of water every day to provide your body with its MINIMUM water replacement requirements as long as you are reasonably fit.
Otherwise start by sipping the water and gradually build up.
A forum community dedicated to bodybuilding in the UK. Come join the discussion about personal care, health, lifestyles, spirituality, supplementation, shows, diets, medication, research, training, and more!