UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
knowledge is power
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a recipe for choc oat bar must be clean i was trying to find one in a flap jack style as oats at the bottem and choc on the top but cant work out how to do the choc top with protien powders or simular

·
knowledge is power
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are some ok recipes but i cant use chocolate this is the problem, chocolate isnt good for the diet and i dont like using to much honey i will use probably 1 tablesppon of honey per 100 grams of oats, need to keep it as clean as possible but thanks for the reply

·
knowledge is power
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is a couple but the one iv been useing is just 100 grma sof oats, 6 whites 1 whole egg, 1 tablespoon of honey 2 scoops of whey, if i do fancy a topping then on my high carb days i mix a couple of scoops of whey with extra light filly and just have a small amout

·
When did this place become fcking 'slimming wo
5,252 Posts
4 cups oats

1 cup oat/wheatbran

1/2 jar natty peanut butter

2 tablespoons of low fat marg OR coconut oil

1 tin prunes in apple juice - destone them

2 tablespoon honey or sweetener (optional)

7 scoops choc whey

2 teaspoons cocoa powder.

Put the prunes and juice in a blender and blitzt

Melt peanutbutter, honey, marg, sweetener in microwave for a minute of so until runny

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix up

Make a small well in the dry stuff and add the prunes and peanut butter mix

Mix well

Line a 15"x10" baking tray with baking paper

Add mix and press down evenly (wet you hands to do this to stop them from sticking to the mix)

Bake for 12 mins @ 150C

Leave to cool and then put in fridge.

I cut these into 12 chewy flapjacks and make around 5 batches a week (not all for me and slight variations ie walnut butter and banana)

If you want you can sprinkle some grated 70% dark choc over before you put in the oven.

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
The best way to add protein powder is to make a very, very thick shake (about 50g powder to 50ml water), spread it on the bars and leave overnight in the fridge.

If you bake protein powder not only does it denature the protein, but also it makes the whole thing taste like ****.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.