UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I v done a ecg test and the test shows I m at the border line limit of my heart been enlarged
I v done this after 2 weeks of test deca cycle
Maybie if I do another one in 2months will show other resulte
Or I need to prepare to let go of steroids

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ermmm yeah I wouldn’t be taking more drugs and a ecg only tells you part of the story with the ticker i would be getting further tests done
Steroids are addicted
Most people who train hard have enlarged hearts - would be worth getting an expert opinion and not a general.
It should be false reading cuz of the blood pressure too I had it high

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Like what tests
I m young too I wish I never touched steroids
Echocardiogram would do. It's a type of ultrasound scan.
Stop the roids now and you'll likely be fine or atleast not make any underlying process worse. Unfortunately the heart increases in size with roid use just like skeletal muscle because the heart has androgen receptors in the muscle too. So it's an inevitable consequence of steroid use sooner or later. Whether it causes any individual a problem during their life is hard to predict but considering that heart issues are one of the leading causes of death and disability in the UK we should probably be considering our heart health in most life choices. If your heart is already appearing borderline on ECG then you need more imaging done and stop taking risks with roids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Echocardiogram would do. It's a type of ultrasound scan.
Stop the roids now and you'll likely be fine or atleast not make any underlying process worse. Unfortunately the heart increases in size with roid use just like skeletal muscle because the heart has androgen receptors in the muscle too. So it's an inevitable consequence of steroid use sooner or later. Whether it causes any individual a problem during their life is hard to predict but considering that heart issues are one of the leading causes of death and disability in the UK we should probably be considering our heart health in most life choices. If your heart is already appearing borderline on ECG then you need more imaging done and stop taking risks with roids.
I stoped the gear next week I m doing pct but my blood pressure it’s 139 72 it should go town after all wather retention is down I lost 4Kg already
My blood pressure 1week ago was 170 105

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Your heart may be enlarged because of your size - besides, enlargement ALONE means jackshit. Enlargement, hypertrophy and Hyperplasia are different things.
Source: I had this conversation a couple months ago with cardiologist.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
you need an echocardiogram mate, i usually have one every 12 - 48 months to see how i am getting on, the price is between £300 and £400 usually.

with this they will be able to accurately measure your heart, size and area as well as see how well the heart is functioning in general.

My heart has been borderline enlarged, just outside of "normal" ranges however function is perfect.

The past few months, i have incorporated 20 minutes of high pace cardio at the end of each session, so 5 x per week. in this time my blood pressure has dropped to ~60/100 to 65/105 on average and rested heart rate now averaging around 45 BPM.

I have lost quite some weight and fitness has drastically improved.

I will be getting an echo sometime later in the year to see if this has caused my heart to grow anymore...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts