UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Check Out My Journal In Members Pics
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks again to all those who've made comments in my last journal. Well as you know the wedding is now over and my attempts at a diet are as well (Some may say that looking at these pics I wasn't on a diet but believe me I was.) 2.5 stone lost in a year an half, plus some muscle gains so thats a bonus.

Well, here's the current pics, not as defined as I was earlier this year but meh, can't do much about that.

vsideboy-albums-august-2010-picture7278-aug2010a.jpg

vsideboy-albums-august-2010-picture7279-aug2010b.jpg

vsideboy-albums-august-2010-picture7280-aug2010c.jpg

Plan is to lean bulk whilst continuing the cardio to try to shed some more lb of lard. Not completed my meal plans yet but you'll be the first to know when I have.

Gym first proper time today after the holiday and all went fairly well, pretty much the same max weights that I was managing 3 weeks ago so thats good.

Push session

DB Flat Press

12 x 20kg, 12 x 20kg, 8 x 30kg, 8 x 32.5kg, 4 x 35kg

DB Inc Press

10 x 25kg, 8 x 27.5kg, 6 x 27.5kg

Machine Flye (Straight arm machine)

10 x 50kg, 10 x 65kg, 10 x 65kg

Dips

3 x 15reps

Side Bends

3 x 12 reps x 25kg

Ball Crunches

3 x 15reps.

Food today has been

oats, protein powder, skimmed milk at 6am

100g chicken breast and handful of dry roasted nuts, omega3 capsule at 9

100g chicken breast and handful of dry roasted nuts, omega3 capsule at 12

600ml bottle of pepsi max about 130

train at 330

100g brown rice, 250g lean mince beef chilli at 530

250g quark at 930

not ideal i know, but as I said I ain't made a meal plan yet so just doing what I can for this week til I go shopping at the weekend for the good stuff.

comments, ideas, death threats, gifts all welcome.

Cheers for reading everyone

Dan

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well not many doms today yet, although they are usually 2 days after training so lets see if I can get out of bed tomorrow or not haha.

working late tonight so meals today will be

100g oats, 1 scoop protein powder, 200g skimmed milk 530am

100g chicken, 25g dry roasted peanuts, 1000mg omega 3 fishoil capsule 900am

100g chicken, 25g dry roasted peanuts, 1000mg omega 3 fishoil capsule 1230pm

protein shake with water, 1000mg omega 3 fishoil capsule roughly 430pm

250g lean mince chilli, 200g mixed veg 730pm

250g quark 930-10pm

drinking about 5 litres of water per day too.

·
If your attack is going really well, it's an a
433 Posts
Found it :bounce:

A new era begins..........good pics, if you can keep that V then you wont go far wrong......how long are you thinking on the muscle gain ???

Im turning round in a few weeks so up for the same, trying not to put on the flab will be interesting though, dont think you can get away from it, its just how much......hope im wrong.

Anyway, good luck, plenty of progress pics, get the diet right for you and we shall be following :tongue:

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha still waiting on your pics dude. and what do you mean found it? I put a link at the end of my other journal ya wally.

oh and just bulk til christmas and then re-assess from there

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok pull yesterday.

Pullups

8 x closegrip

8 x widegrip

6 x closegrip

4.5 x widegrip

5 x closegrip

2 x widegrip then 3 negatives.

Seated Rowing

10 x 20kg

8 x 45kg

8 x 45kg

10 x 45kg

Shrugs

3 x 10 x 25kg each hand

Preacher Curls

3 x 8 x 20kg

·
433 Posts
vsideboy said:
haha still waiting on your pics dude. and what do you mean found it? I put a link at the end of my other journal ya wally.

oh and just bulk til christmas and then re-assess from there
:lol: :lol: if it aint hitting me in the face i dont see it mate......

Bulk to xmas (18 weeks:rolleyes:) , cracking idea, start planning next year !!!!........went the NPA BB show in Rugby weekend, Mrs says i should do next year, Master, old git style!! :lol: we shall see............cracking show though.

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one mate, your missus still training to compete then?

well diet is still in progress, been stupid busy this weekend so not had chance to do much of anything really. Makes me wish I was back to doing not much at work again, had loads of forum/research time then haha.

Big lat doms today, pecs still aching from last week, arms don't want to go straight cos bi's are tight haha gotta love the aching feeling of being 1 step nearer to the goal.

·
433 Posts
vsideboy said:
nice one mate, your missus still training to compete then?

Oh yes, more than ever.....think she wished she was up this year, anyway soon come round.

Get the diet sorted mate, bit easier on a bulk though, eat-eat-eat-eat-workout-eat-eat-sleep :lol:

Im just going to hate putting the flab on after the luvley diet, oh well......and the Doms, good stuff...lifting heavy :tongue:

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aye well trying a leanish bulk, so fairly low carb but highish fat. See how we go.

Will let you know when I get something sorted out mate, anyway soon be your holiday so then you can spend the whole holiday thinking about coming back training again haha.

I was very tempted to do some training whilst on holiday ( I did manage to find the gym and I went in to look, but then walked out and never went in that building again haha.) Not put alot of weight on over the holiday and weights are seeming to be pretty much the same as when I stopped 3 weeks ago so thats good too.

·
433 Posts
Good stuff mate, yep, on me hols soon.....cant wait, mad though, 1 week in 52 dont sound right :confused1: when i win the lotto and all that :)

And sod gyms on holiday, lots of walking and the like........bit of tan, bit of beer and BBQ's...................................bugger i hate work..

Clean Bulk, we shall see :tongue:

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aye, well will be as clean as I can make it. Luckily I don't mind eating the same thing everyday so that makes preparing and knowing what to eat when a bit easier.

Legs last night, been a while since I did them so have been hobbling up and down the stairs since I did them haha.

Squat - 10xBar weight, 10x20kg, 10x30kg, 5x40kg

45degree Leg Press - 10x100kg, 8x150kg, 8x150kg

Lying Ham Curl - 10x30kg, 10x40kg, 5x50kg

Standing Calf Raise - 12x60kg, 12x67.5kg, 12x72.5kg

Leg Extension - 10x50kg, 10x57.5kg, 10x65kg

Ball Crunches - 3x12reps

Side Bends - 3x10x25kg

Not bad at all, comparing it to my last time. Hardly ever do squats so think I did fairly well. Leg Press was fairly soon after the squats so was a proper killing for my quads (hence why the leg extension was maxed at 65 when my usual max is 102.5kg lol) think I'll be walking a bit funny tomorrow.

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers pal, yeah I got a long way to go yet though (and alot of lard to shift too!)

my main problem is my knees, I can overextend my joints so accidentally twisted a knee when I was 15 and its never been fully fixed since. I struggle with some leg stuff which is why I've stuck with pressing rather than quat but just thought I'd give it a quick go as someone was already on the press when I got there.

·
433 Posts
Squats, the same here......more a case of i dont feel right for some reason......get it in the back when the weights going up, so tend to hack press more.

But go back to the squats every so often so i dont feel lazy.....

Good sesh mate, keep the weight going up and those legs will grow :thumb:

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha still can only just manage to get down the stairs. maybe squats followed by leg press followed by extensions are a bit much in 1 session

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.