UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't lie or omit. That's the worst thing you can do. These past years, it's generally been harder to get into the US, because "terrorism". I think it depends on what one's conviction was and when. You can try filling out ESTA online but that is no guarantee if accepted. Also call the embassy or local US consulate. Australia has a similar rule for people trying to get a visa. You might just accept there are some places you will never be able to visit.
B

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know some older men who were involved in loyalist activities back in 80s and 90s ie; shootings etc and they have been allowed into the usa for holidays etc. I think its more drug trafficking they are trying to curb well that and gun smuggling lol. Surely if they can get in its possible. I would declare it though and maybe bring some character references like clergy or polictions or people of good standing in the community. Just a thought it could well go tits up.
Guarantee they didn’t declare being previous terrorist lol

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I’ve been refused for relatively minor things… no prison
Possession of class A and C
ABH
GBH
Couple of assaults

I tried the honesty route and declared. Now I have to get JohnnyBigBollocks to drop me in yacht

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Wife's obsessed with that Australian border force program. Obviously not the same country but you do see people getting turned away for not declaring criminal records. You see some that you think would have a good shout of getting through sent back, even though it's clear they've changed, have a good reason for visiting and it was a long time ago.

Don't know how they find out but would seem there are ways of them getting this info. If the auzzies can get it. Would assume the yanks can too.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Wife's obsessed with that Australian border force program. Obviously not the same country but you do see people getting turned away for not declaring criminal records. You see some that you think would have a good shout of getting through sent back, even though it's clear they've changed, have a good reason for visiting and it was a long time ago.

Don't know how they find out but would seem there are ways of them getting this info. If the auzzies can get it. Would assume the yanks can too.
I would have thought that they don’t have access to the databases themselves, but can inquire with the persons home country on an individual by individual basis.

that seems like how they do it.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
I would have thought that they don’t have access to the databases themselves, but can inquire with the persons home country on an individual by individual basis.

that seems like how they do it.
Would assume something like but wouldn't be surprised if certain countries have access to a database that doesn't have details but just flags they need extra checks but the fact it seems lots get through it seems to need some manual intervention.

It may just be down to luck of the draw and how often when going through do you get pulled over for extra checks. Never been to America but done lots of traveling including to Muslim countries that some might think pose a risk and never had more than a few dodgy looks when my passport is being checked. Security getting on the flight, that's a different matter.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Get off your high horse btw. Anyone can get unlucky in life. You look at your phone for a second and bang you run over someone or whatever. It’s easier than you think and you’re coming across as a bit of a banger.
I don’t look at my phone whilst driving because I’m not a whopper.

there’s being unlucky in life and then there’s a guy who has multiple serious assault convictions. Stop defending the indefensible you Wally.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Would assume something like but wouldn't be surprised if certain countries have access to a database that doesn't have details but just flags they need extra checks but the fact it seems lots get through it seems to need some manual intervention.

It may just be down to luck of the draw and how often when going through do you get pulled over for extra checks. Never been to America but done lots of traveling including to Muslim countries that some might think pose a risk and never had more than a few dodgy looks when my passport is being checked. Security getting on the flight, that's a different matter.
A travel YouTuber recently got turned away for having a Syrian stamp in his passport. The guy is white and from Wales…..

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts

there’s being unlucky in life and then there’s a guy who has multiple serious assault convictions. Stop defending the indefensible you Wally.
To be fair. The offences he listed I've got all of them on my record but I was young, daft and knocked about with idiots. Totally different person now. Married, kids, full time job. Don't even drink, never mind take drugs so people can turn their lives around

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
True
To be fair. The offences he listed I've got all of them on my record but I was young, daft and knocked about with idiots. Totally different person now. Married, kids, full time job. Don't even drink, never mind take drugs so people can turn their lives around
True, although you’ll have to make peace with being barred from certain countries.

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
4,380 Posts

That was one example. My point is anyone can make mistakes. And as for that specific statement to the poster it’s not only them. You’ve just got a general sense of “I’m a bawbag” with your replies.
Kinda hope you do get stung for something tbh. Get you off that high horse regarding criminals.

81 - 100 of 144 Posts