UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner wants to go over there after christmas but without going too much into things on here, are there ways around gaining entry if you have a couple of convictions? Don’t want to take any form of a gamble but hoping you can either declare some and they aren’t frowned upon too much or hopefully a way of avoiding declaring all together. convictions are from eight years ago and non-custodial

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My prison sentence was from 8 years ago and they wouldn't let me in. If you don't declare a conviction you could end up flying to America and getting sent back at the airport. Not worth the risk
yeah fek that mate, I’d rather declare it and be told back here before I go or pay that it’s a big no
I guess that’s a point, is there anyone you can deal with or speak to that runs checks beforehand to see if you would gain entry? Like I say quite minor convictions and didn’t do any time for them

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
My prison sentence was from 8 years ago and they wouldn't let me in. If you don't declare a conviction you could end up flying to America and getting sent back at the airport. Not worth the risk
I’ve posted this before, one of the lads I know flew out for his brothers wedding, he’d been locked up for fraud years before n since had a very successful business, expensive missus, horses in the paddock lifestyle.
He got to Yankside and they turned him round to fcuk off home. His missus flew on to Barbados (Fcuk knows why) but as she’d no idea about his past, she divorced him upon her return. 😆

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
yeah fek that mate, I’d rather declare it and be told back here before I go or pay that it’s a big no
I guess that’s a point, is there anyone you can deal with or speak to that runs checks beforehand to see if you would gain entry? Like I say quite minor convictions and didn’t do any time for them
You’ll need an ESTA if that’s what it’s still called, any arrests/convictions need a visit to embassy to discuss.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve posted this before, one of the lads I know flew out for his brothers wedding, he’d been locked up for fraud years before n since had a very successful business, expensive missus, horses in the paddock lifestyle.
He got to Yankside and they turned him round to fcuk off home. His missus flew on to Barbados (Fcuk knows why) but as she’d no idea about his past, she divorced him upon her return. 😆
thanks mate, I have got no chance then if that’s the type of guy they turned away. Hearing all different off guys in work, only certain charges/convictions they take a lot more serious or refuse, Some states are stricter than others. there are a few yanks on here I think hoepfully might be able to help

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Minor convictions you should be alright. You'll need to look on the us embassy website and get an appointment with them. My conviction was for violence which is a big no no for them even though I was only about 19 at the time of the offence (took a couple year to go through court)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Minor convictions you should be alright. You'll need to look on the us embassy website and get an appointment with them. My conviction was for violence which is a big no no for them even though I was only about 19 at the time of the offence (took a couple year to go through court)
thanks paul. you think the embassy can give a very clear indication on whether it is worth even looking let alone booking?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
thanks paul. you think the embassy can give a very clear indication on whether it is worth even looking let alone booking?
They'll give you an idea yeah but not a set in stone answer. I thought I had a chance because my argument was that I was a young lad at the time of the offence so I went and pleaded my case. Turns out I'll forever be a risk to the national security of America for chinning some mouthy **** when I was very young 😆

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
4,380 Posts
They'll give you an idea yeah but not a set in stone answer. I thought I had a chance because my argument was that I was a young lad at the time of the offence so I went and pleaded my case. Turns out I'll forever be a risk to the national security of America for chinning some mouthy **** when I was very young 😆
Frustrating that. mines don't show on my basic disclosure anymore, technically "spent" so I wonder if it shows there side. I don't have any intentions of travelling there but would like to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frustrating that. mines don't show on my basic disclosure anymore, technically "spent" so I wonder if it shows there side. I don't have any intentions of travelling there but would like to.
yours doesn’t show on a uk crb check do you mean? how long would you say is “spent” over here?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Mine is classed as spent aswell but they check everything. They even know about arrests which didn't even lead to a conviction

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
4,380 Posts
yours doesn’t show on a uk crb check do you mean? how long would you say is “spent” over here?
yes - it varies depending on conviction.

Mine is classed as spent aswell but they check everything. They even know about arrests which didn't even lead to a conviction
Jesus they have full access then, so much for rehabilitation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You either declare them and get banned from America for life or risk it and half a very good chance of getting let it. You’ll only be picked up if your unluckily picked out. Your passport has no connection or link to your criminal record unless you have serious crimes such as murder or gun charges

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You either declare them and get banned from America for life or risk it and half a very good chance of getting let it. You’ll only be picked up if your unluckily picked out. Your passport has no connection or link to your criminal record unless you have serious crimes such as murder or gun charges

in that case then it might be safer money wise to not book any package or hotels and just flights? that way should i get turned away or picked out and i haven't declared i have only lost flight money

·
Registered
62 Posts
in that case then it might be safer money wise to not book any package or hotels and just flights? that way should i get turned away or picked out and i haven't declared i have only lost flight money
Yeah thats it mate that’s what I would do. I know loads of people with convictions that go over all the time regularly and never heard of one having any problems

1 - 20 of 146 Posts