UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Phd Bsc Hons in Broscience
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm 166lb, 5'5'' currently on a calorie def of around 1000kcal/day in an effort to lower bf% (p40%c30%f30%)

i have 2 scoops (60g) of promax a day in my diet, will i get any benifit from adding bacc's to my diet or do i get enough from the protein shakes?

as far as i understand bacc's will help retain muscle mass but the promax is already full of amino's?

reason i ask is i've been on my doing quite alot of cardio since starting diet and whilst i have lost some fat i also seem to have lost some muscle too, started my diet 3 weeks ago.

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
so many factors to consider, calories deficit of 1000kcal? why? unless you maintaining level of cals is approx 5000 then this is too great- which will of course lead to sigificant muscle loss.

BCAA can be used instead of whey for prior to cardio when waking as they're less insulinogenic. also preWO and postWO for resistance. but all this is almost pointless if your diet is not spot on. Training/Nutrition/Rest have got to the 3pillars which are built first, then worry about supplementation etc

more worryingly....Maximuscle????? wtf u thinking?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Re: using promax maximuscle - do i need bcaa's?

you need your head and bank balance checking before anything else mate

look around for better, cheaper and more efficient alternatives, e.g MyProtein hurricane etc...

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
Yeh first thing, next time you come to buy a new protein blend, i'd go for something better/cheaper than maximuscle. Maximuscle is very overpriced and tastes rancid.

But back to the BCAA's question, i would add in some additional BCAA's in your diet as it can only help with retaining muscle whilst achieving your goal.

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
personally, i wouldn't use it if it was free...

to me there is a strong indication of quality if a company has to spend so much on marketing and placement within the market to be successful...

·
Phd Bsc Hons in Broscience
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MrO2b said:
so many factors to consider, calories deficit of 1000kcal? why? unless you maintaining level of cals is approx 5000 then this is too great- which will of course lead to sigificant muscle loss.
my avarage daily expenditure is 3400kcal, decided to drop the intake down to try to lower bf%. i thought this was the way to do it from what i have read on here.

i'm not a body builder, more of a keen gym goer so probibly seem quite nieve on this forum, only started wanting a bit more strength for football but i've got that now so sorta settin myself new goals.

·
Looking Freaky
772 Posts
it wasn't average expenditure i asked, but your maintaining number of calories. say, for example, it is 3400, then a 20% deficit is plenty, this will help you lose fat whilst minimising muscle loss(dependant on training efficacy and nutritional structure). this deficit of, for example, 680 calories should be made up from calories burnt(weights/cardio) and calories cut from diet(simple sugars, sat fat, late carbs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.