UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent made a political thread in a long time but i thought now was the time to highlight something in the wake of the terrible floods that have devastated pakistan.

The usa is currently in the middle of an overall 7.5 billion dollar aid project to pakistan. This is an insane amount of money that the US are giving to pakistan.

Currently the US is way at the top of the list with aid efforts all around the globe, spending 76 million dollars so far on the floods (over 1 billion to haiti for the earthquake).

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2010/0813/Pakistan-floods-Haiti-earthquake-unprecedented-1-2-punch-for-US-aid

Critics fear that the US is spending less because after haiti it actually is scarce for 'aid money' to give out to countries after donating such a huge chunk to haiti.

I just wonder though if the pakistani's in this country are thankful to the USA for giving so much money and so much help to their homeland and actually trying to save many many lives?

It is one thing that we never EVER here on the news over here, actual appreciation for the usa for spending so much on aid to help haiti/pakistan.

Infact, most of the time, you hear the whole conspiracy theories etc (in plentiful supply) and of course many are made/believed by islamic extremists/sympathisers. But what i find ironic is that there is this notion that the US government wants to destroy islam (according to many extremists), yet they are donating so much money and helping so many muslim people in pakistan?

I ask the question, a serious question here to any people on the board if you can figure it out?

The other muslim countries are donating nothing compared to the usa in the wake of the pakistani floods. The poor pakistani people who have been affected by this terrible disaster need help and are asking the world for help...who is there to give them help... the USA!

Will this help be appreciated? Do you guys here think that this will be appreciated by the people of pakistan or by british pakistani's?

The so called conspirators who are labelled the 'great satan' by muslim extremists, supposedly run by jewish bankers are donating way more to muslim countries than the mega wealthy arabic oil rich countries. Pretty ironic? Or do the conspiracy theories only take suit when they are convenient and then when the 'evil capitalist conspiracy called USA' comes to the rescue the islamic extremists lie low for a bit so that they can get the aid and then continue spewing hatred after all the donations have been given?

Yet will this aid and charity be appreciated?

I havent actually asked any british muslims yet in person, so would anyone care to comment on this?

Of course i could be wrong and im sure there are many moderate british muslims who are well educated and will be very pleased with the usa and feel grateful towards the us government for sending this aid and spending so much. But i still cant help but think that despite all the financial help and much needed food/water/equipment they are giving to help the poor pakistani people hit by the floods, far more aid than the supposed 'islamic brothers' of other countries in the region. There will still be some british muslims who will hate the usa regardless.

How ironic and hypocritical.

It begs the question, should the US government bother at all to donate anything? (Personally i believe that they should because firstly it shows that they are doing their bit as a super power to help those hit hardest in the world, regardless of race/nationality/religion. Secondly that it shows they are not this evil 'great satan' that islamic extremists, who incidently are doing nothing to help pakistan at all, make out. Thirdly it is the moral thing to do!)

But what would happen to the world if the US government just pulled the plug on aid programs and said 'enough is enough you ungrateful bastards'?

·
Gym Addict
294 Posts
I am more ****ed off about Britain donating millions to India, not that in itself but the fact that the likes of Pakistan have the beggars hand out to the developed countries when it is spending billions of its own money on a Nuclear weapons program, at the same time alot of its population struggles to have access to basic amenities like water and energy, and lives below the poverty line.

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
the thing that annoys me is that if the usa had a huge flood, would pakistan help them?

im sure u heard somewhere they sent over a few hundred million when new orleans was devastated.

not even all the money will go to them, i dont know where the hell it goes. the amount of money that is raised for such things as comic relief....the kids in africa should be living in penthouses with butlers the amount thats been sent out there. 10 quid gives a few people a mosquito net.....yet why has nobody out there got a mosquito net?! why is all the country still getting malaria? why are they all starving?

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pete James2 said:
That will in fact be $76 MILLION.

I wonder if a few pakistanis in downtown Lahore read Britts opener, and as a result are now running around cheering and crying with happiness at the supposed $7.6 billion they think is on its way??

LOL
No mate, the title is correct.

7.5 (not 7.6) billion is the overall aid plan for pakistan that hillary clinton proposed to them for the war on terror, help rebuilding their society etc.

76 million is so far the amount of aid sent just for the floods... there will likely be a hell of a lot more.

Would you like me to post the sources, easily available mate.

The 7.5 billion is for overall development and to help build their society etc presumabley over a decade i would imagine.

Still an awful lot of money to give someone when it seems that there are many pakistani's who despise the usa, yet the so called 'great satan' is giving them far more aid and help than the mega wealthy arab nations?

Actually, do the people of pakistan who are hit by the floods actually even know that the usa is responsible for virtually all the help they are recieving?

Or will islamic extremist groups try to spin it off that the US government is somehow responsible for the floods and infact it is the arabic governments and their muslim brothers who are donating all the help instead? :whistling:

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$7.5 billion is the amount mentioned in planned aid for pakistan for upcoming projects:)

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-South-Central/2010/0730/Pakistan-likes-Al-Qaeda-more-than-America

I just googled US aid to pakistan now because earlier on in the day on the news i saw the us miliatary helicopters dropping food and water to the people of pakistan who have been hit by the flood. In a huge US led opperation to help them.

This is what triggered me just to search this subject.

So thats why i thought it was ironic that the people who are supposedly out to 'destroy islam' or in a war with islam (as claimed by many extremists and sympathisers) are infact the ones who are going out of their way to help the poor victims of the pakistani floods.

I wondered if the US efforts to donate such vast amounts of money to help pakistan even effect the people's opinions at all, or do extremists totally run the media and control society within the middle east?

You see, we have access to see how much the US are donating, how much help they are giving. But how will it be spun in these countries?

I presume that the extremists will try to spin it and use their media to spin it, along the lines that the us helicopters are there trying to kill innocent pakistani children and it is the iranians and oil rich arab countries who are risking their lives in defying the usa and donating so much money, food and water to their poor brothers who have been hit by the floods. :rolleyes:

·
Newbie Trainer
62 Posts
deeppurple said:
the thing that annoys me is that if the usa had a huge flood, would pakistan help them?

im sure u heard somewhere they sent over a few hundred million when new orleans was devastated.

not even all the money will go to them, i dont know where the hell it goes. the amount of money that is raised for such things as comic relief....the kids in africa should be living in penthouses with butlers the amount thats been sent out there. 10 quid gives a few people a mosquito net.....yet why has nobody out there got a mosquito net?! why is all the country still getting malaria? why are they all starving?
africa is a continent not a country. your post is like a bad joke :ban:

·
Newbie Trainer
62 Posts
im glad America is doing somthing nice and honourable they need the good press to be honest. Good old hilldog (clinton). im sure pakistanis will be very happy and grateful, also i doubt America will ever let pakistan forget their generosity and will probably be expecting a higher level of co-operation from pakistan in future.

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
spermbunny said:
africa is a continent not a country. your post is like a bad joke :ban:
ahhh, a bellend. bellend alert :lol:

well if you actually watched the programmes, you'd realise they focus on a specific area, not the whole continent. and when youve donated tons of money in the past and see a while later theyve not benefited from it, you get annoyed.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pete James2 said:
Just so you know, its £9 Billion per year from the UK on aid for Africa, thats in aid ie: on top of your donations.

Now how do you feel?
We send 9 billion to africa per year in aid?

How much money does the usa send to america each year?

Africa must recieves hundreds of billions each year from aid across the world (most i presume from usa as well).

Im not up to scratch at all with improvements in african countries and poverty in africa, this is a subject that i dont know very much about at all, so i wont make any assumptions. But we dont hear that conditions in africa have improved vastly? Infact we are still told (or led to believe) that africa is in terrible poverty.

If africa has been recieving hundreds and hundreds of billions worth of aid every single year... Where has this money gone? What has it done?

Like i say, i dont know anything about the subject, so perhaps africa is a vastly improved continent now with much better democratic governments and far less poverty, yet from everything i have seen this is not the case?

So what has the hundreds (thousands of billions over the years) actually contributed to?

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
Britbb said:
Will this help be appreciated? Do you guys here think that this will be appreciated by the people of pakistan or by british pakistani's?

Or do the conspiracy theories only take suit when they are convenient and then when the 'evil capitalist conspiracy called USA' comes to the rescue the islamic extremists lie low for a bit so that they can get the aid and then continue spewing hatred after all the donations have been given?

Yet will this aid and charity be appreciated?
yes...

of course they do, and this aid will be wrapped up in a theory somewhere about gaining control of islam or what have you, they cant help themselves (theorists I mean)....

yes, but with some people grudgingly... and on a side note (prob last I will make as I HATE getting dragged into these discussions as the rabid come out on both sides) its not just muslims that denote the US as the great satan but also moronic westerners...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.