UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

My names G. I used to be a member of this forum ages ago but I drifted away from fitness in general and obviously stopped posting.<o:p></o:p>

Anyways, Ive made a decision to do something about the situation Im in which is making me unhappy. I don't have any pics so <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Ill</st1:State></st1:place> try describe myself and experience as best as possible<o:p></o:p>

Basically, Im 23 now. Im about 6ft3 and weigh in at 15st 4 (about 210 pounds ish). Naturally quite lean and muscular thighs, not so big built up top but not a stick if you know what I mean. Im quite slim all over and in clothes I appear quite athletic and slightly buff ish I guess if I wear a tight t shirt (and hold my belly in!)<o:p></o:p>

Ok so onto the belly, by god over the last couple of years I have grown a big belly. Pretty much all fat on me has gone to my gut. When I used to train 4 years ago, I went on a massive bulk (I had a bit of a gut then too, but not this bad) and I made good progress, and despite being on a bulk, the belly went down, although nowhere near six pack standards. That was when I used to train a 3 day split push/pull/legs<o:p></o:p>

Anyways, I suppose I don't really care about getting "huuuuge" anymore, a slight increase in size would be all Id want, Im far more interested in loosing all this fat hanging around my waist and hips. Like I say, Id never be called a fat guy in clothes, but out of them I look quite strange. In a slim fat guy if that makes any sense. I also have a little bit of pectoral fat, and I think if things keep going the way they are my face/neck will be next to receive some fat. I notice that now that I don't do any exercise, Im listless in the mornings. Find it very hard to get up and feel motivated. And at night time I cant get to sleep until Im shattered. Its like a vicious cycle. If I get into bed at ten, Im lucky if Im conked out by half 12<o:p></o:p>

Im looking for a bit of guidance. I understand pretty much everything that's required when you're trying to pack on muscle etc. But my goals now are to basically, be healthy, be lean, gain some strength and a little size and just not be embarrassed about my body. Currently, Im very unfit CV wise and Ive had a go at lifting some weights. Ive retained some brute strength, but I fatigue v quickly and feel dizzy<o:p></o:p>

My diet at the moment is eratic. Sometimes a breakfast, other times not. Im about 50 percent healthy food, and 50 percent rubbish.<o:p></o:p>

Im wanting to start lifting again, and get serious about CV and treating my heart good. But Ive no idea what principles to follow in order to loose all the fat and weight train at the same time. I just want to get in good shape and be fit all round. I have no aspiration to be big or huge. What sort of weights routine should I do to achieve these goals? What sort of cardio and how often? Reps?Sets?Frequency? Calorie consumption? Protein intake?<o:p></o:p>

I used to neck a shake before bed which had a lot of protein and calories from oats. Is this something I should avoid for fat loss? Should I eat after 8? What would a pwo shake be like with my goals in mind. Should I have a pwo shake after CV? If so should it be different from a shake taken after a weights workout?<o:p></o:p>

What are the key dos and donts for my goal etc<o:p></o:p>

Just to underline things, if I had to choose between <o:p></o:p>

A) bigger muscles and a slight decrease in my gut, <o:p></o:p>

or <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

B) low body fat and a very lean/toned appearance with some muscle<o:p></o:p>

Id go for B 100%<o:p></o:p>

I have my own stuff in the garage. Olympic barbell, flat bench for benchpress. Dumbells which can go upto 30kg each. A squat rack. Something to do pullups on (although I cant do a single pullup) I also struggle to do like 5 press ups which is terrible.<o:p></o:p>

I sometimes work away from home. In these cases, I could take my dumbbells with me in the car (they go to a max of 30kg each)<o:p></o:p>

I have a 5kg bucket of vanilla whey powder (its whey only)<o:p></o:p>

Also got some creatine ethyl ester. I have a decent job so Ive got cash to use to buy anything else that would be beneficial. I also need guidance on what foods or food groups to either totally avoid or cut down on, and likewise, other groups which I should be going for indefinitely.<o:p></o:p>

Here is an outline of what I estimated to be a good way to attack the fat and add a little muscle.<o:p></o:p>

Full Body Routine (Squats, 5 x 12 reps, deadlifts, 5 x 12 reps, dumbbell rows 5 x 12, press ups - 5 sets of max, dumbbell shoulder press 5 x 12 and pull ups if I have something to do pull ups on)<o:p></o:p>

This would play out,<o:p></o:p>

Monday: Full Body Weights (always just as I wake up before work)<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday: 30-45 min steady cv<o:p></o:p>

Wed: Full body weights (Same as Monday)<o:p></o:p>

Thurs: 30 mins sprints (fast jog, fast walk, fast jog, fast walk etc) ß-<o:p></o:p>

Fri: Full body weights<o:p></o:p>

Sat: More cardio. Eiether steady state or sprints depending on what I fancied<o:p></o:p>

Sunday: Nothing<o:p></o:p>

All cardio would be straight after work, I cant face cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomache.<o:p></o:p>

Is this proposed workout plan any good? If so - what sort of diet would compliment this approach? What are they key do's and donts for me<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Cheers and thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Much appreciated<o:p></o:p>

Graham<o:p></o:p>

G

·
CNPJunkie said:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
WTF kind of comment is that, dont post if its just going to be rubbish!

You will never be huge mate even with years of work and a lot of drugs it is hard work to be huge.

Go back to your push pull legs split one day per week each on the other days do cardio.

Most importantly address your diet!

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
CNPJunkie said:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Con said:
WTF kind of comment is that, dont post if its just going to be rubbish!

You will never be huge mate even with years of work and a lot of drugs it is hard work to be huge.

Go back to your push pull legs split one day per week each on the other days do cardio.

Most importantly address your diet!
I'm in agreement with Con (including the numpty comment by the Peptide kid)

Welcome back Ninja :)

Given your goals,PPL will be a great routine for you.

Stick to the 8-12 rep range.

Diet wise :

Id start with about 300g Protein 200g Carbs and 100g fat split over 6 - 8 meals and see how you get on

You must eat breakfast,then work from there,eating every 3 hrs or so.

Immediately PWO protein/glutamine(20g) shake then a solid meal 60 mins later

Cardio: 30 mins non training days

20mins PWO(before shake!)

Best of luck :)

·
Newbie Trainer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, with me wanting to loose fat, should I stop consuming food late at night?

I used to take a 600-800 calorie homemade protein shake just before bed everynight.

I was thinking of reducing this to a shake consisting of only whey powder and water (thus reducing carbs)

What should I do concerning eating at night?

Would eating nothing after say 8 be counterproductive to my lifting?

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
800 kals before bed ?!?!?! Mate thats a LOT !!! No wonder you cant sleep!

Personally mate I would make small changes. Personally over the last couple of years mine have been simple things. I only drink water unless socially ;)

I started eating oats every day.

Breakfast became THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.

But I would say the biggest help in my chnge has been knowledge, I have spent 3 years reading and reading and reading, about nutrtion, training, recovery, technique, recipies, research into exactly what "good fats" are and what they do ( these upped considerably when I read they make up a third of your brain !!!! )

Im still reading and still learning. I can remember what I used to be like, awake till 2 in the morning, feeling like **** at the office EVERY SINGLE DAY no matter how much I slept because it was all **** quality sleep.

I guess my point is knowledge will help you alot more than someone posting you a good diet and such, not that it isnt a very good diet but I hope you see my point.

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Full body routines and PPL are both good choices and can both be used for a variety of goals including yours.Obviously each will be tailored slightly different to enable enough recovery.

I personally prefer PPL,as it fits in nicely with my choice of training 3 days a week.

Whchever routine you choose,stick to a rep range of between 8 - 12,eat a quality diet and get enough cardio. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts