UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dont give up on us baby
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's what it says.

Description: This Bodymax 145kg Olympic rubber radial barbell kit consists of 2 x 20kg, 2 x 15kg, 2 x 10kg, 4 x 5kg, 4 x 2.5kg, 4 x 1.25kg, 1 x 7 foot 20kg Olympic barbell and a pair of olympic collars.

They are spring collers which is what i would prefer, which weigh 0.2kg each

·
Dont give up on us baby
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mind you when the gym moved up the road they bought all new equipment and i swear the new oly bars are just a little lighter, they feel slightly thinner aswell , i questioned one of the instructors about this, and he said that they are 20kg, no ones weighed them yet, think i might do on monday.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,554 Posts
That's the problem with cheap chinese bars. They will often quote that they are only accurate to 5-10%.

The alternative is always to spend £300+ on a decent bar. Or just add a 1.25 to each side of the bar before you start :)

·
Getting HUGE!
2,554 Posts
ruaidhri said:
Would you say it's likely that the olly bars in a good gym are accurate (or near enough)? Would be gutted if I was lifting 5kg less than I thought
I very much doubt there are many gyms in this country with decent bars for the public to use. Most will be cheap imported bars.

There are a few places but only really strict powerlifting/strongman or rugby club gyms.

Edit: but it doesn't really make a differnece to most people's training because your using the same equipment every week. Even the weights will vary by a few %. So don't sweat the small stuff :)

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
Ken Hutchinson said:
Just weighed my oly bar that came with my oly weights, and the ****er only weighs 17.5 kg cheeky [email protected], it is sold as 20kg even says this on the web site.
even though they say theyre 20, most oly bars come in at around 18kg. aint had one at 20 yet. if you check, also a lot of them are unbalanced.

texas power bars....now theyre the ones to use. phwoar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.