UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
well its low in fat etc, and it is only rice, its not like they modify it and obliterate it with machines, i guess they just boil / steam it then add flavour...

i love the stuff anyway...

·
Just doing my thing
1,307 Posts
I use it quite a lot, very convenient plus the supermarkets have their own brand now and there are a few other companies on the market so a big selection to choose from.

Not sure about the direct comparison with raw rice so to speak, can't see them be able to do anything to bad. Compare the packets in the supermarket?

·
Newbie Trainer
59 Posts
this stuff and the other micro rices are fine imo, i use all the time at work, pop in micro, half the bag 2 chicken breasts or tin tuna, 2 quality meals out 1 bag :thumb:

·
GET HENCH OR DIE TRYING !
224 Posts
its good if your in a hurry and very convienent but if your gonna have rice with a couple of your meals during the day your deffently be better off cooking up aload of brown rice the night before ,my favorite is brown basmati, all the 2 minute rices have added veg oil and salt wich you dont really want do ya ?

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
its good if your in a hurry and very convienent but if your gonna have rice with a couple of your meals during the day your deffently be better off cooking up aload of brown rice the night before ,my favorite is brown basmati, all the 2 minute rices have added veg oil and salt wich you dont really want do ya ?
Not disagreeing with you on the cooking your own front - I do, cost more than anything! lol but why not veg oil and salt? Its not got loads in it, you need a little sodium and fat in diet!

·
GET HENCH OR DIE TRYING !
224 Posts
Magic Torch said:
Not disagreeing with you on the cooking your own front - I do, cost more than anything! lol but why not veg oil and salt? Its not got loads in it, you need a little sodium and fat in diet!
Agreed but salt is in everything so trying to cut it out where possible can only be good a ? Veg oil is a bad fat ,added because its cheap, and nasty? lol, mono-unsaturated ,poly-unsaturated and omega fats are surely the way to go? :)

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
Scottydog81 said:
Agreed but salt is in everything so trying to cut it out where possible can only be good a ? Veg oil is a bad fat ,added because its cheap, and nasty? lol, mono-unsaturated ,poly-unsaturated and omega fats are surely the way to go? :)
The amount that is in it is not even a slight concern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.