Large Bowl!

Protein Powder

Oats

Egg Whites (8)

Place 8 egg whites into a bowl.. stir a little air into them with folk

Place 50-60G OATS(2 heaped protein scoop size scoops) onto the egg stir well

Place 1 Inch or 1 1/2 cups of water onto of your mix

Place Microwave for 9 Mine

Once cooked mix should look like it has a layer ontop, stir the mix should be a little creamy..

Now I add mix to freezer for a hour until cool.. or fridge for longer or if you like it luke warm do it for less just put in fridge for 30 mins until it sets a little

Now once its set to your standard add the protein powder (chocolate USN IGF i use) heaped scoop stir into your set oats+egg until nice and thick.. now i add the protein whilst cool because it seems to take away the choc taste of the protein if i add it when its hot.

Now you have a nice tastey (IMO) chocolatey breakfast that should fill any man I some times have just eaten 5 bowls of this I find it so nice throughout the day of course..

·
gaining....
53 Posts
sounds good mate, really tasty, but thts one hell of an effort and long time to wait for it all!!!

if ever i'm in the position when i have tht much time i'll give it a go untill then i'll stick to my hard boiled eggs, oats and water. all cooked and consumed in 15mins!

do you have tht everyday???

·
Newbie Trainer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silverchair said:
sounds good mate, really tasty, but thts one hell of an effort and long time to wait for it all!!!

if ever i'm in the position when i have tht much time i'll give it a go untill then i'll stick to my hard boiled eggs, oats and water. all cooked and consumed in 15mins!

do you have tht everyday???
Every single day mate LOL I either I prepare the night before... or in the morning depending on the day.. I used to do it every morning before I went for my morning jog on a empty stomach but I'm trying to put weight on and cut cardio down to 3 times a week. I just ate my oats egg and protein now, prepared - went for hair cut - perfect when I came home added the protein and thats my pre work out meal also now.

The eggs really make it nice and creamy too, I know it alot of protein works out with 2 scoops like 60g+ protein and 35 carbs.. just nautral fat from the oats too.. and with the IGF USN i use very little sugar content. I truely love this meal and I created it myself obviously not my invention but stummbled across it myself. If there was one thing I could eat it would be this no bull**** I find if you master it, it's such a nice tasting meal.

Thanks for your reply - you got any decent recipes? I'm not BULKING but trying to put on muscle / nofat.

·
Newbie Trainer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prodiver said:
In that case, cut the carbs, cook the eggs and eat all the yolks as well.
I lose to much weight if I carb down mate.. I use to eat around 100-130 carbs a day and I lost to much weight.. I try eat around 250 now to put on weight.

5 days on training - 1 hour 30 min

3-4 cardio 30 min session in the morning before breakfast.

12 stone 3.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Im going to give this a try this evening. I hate eggs scrambled etc, is this what its like or is it like a cream sort of texture??

Thanks for posting, going to try it regardless so will let you know how i go on.

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Why would anyone want to put on weight?

Bodybuilders only need to gain muscle.

Better eat fats - including egg yolks - than carbs if you need a certain amount of calories.

Fats are essential for your testosterone to work, discourage the body from storing fat and contain over twice as many cals per gram as carbs.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Prodiver said:

Better eat fats - including egg yolks - than carbs if you need a certain amount of calories.

Fats are essential for your testosterone to work, discourage the body from storing fat and contain over twice as many cals per gram as carbs.
But you need carbs to fuel your workouts right??

Im eating around 300 carbs a day at the minute, have added a small ammount of fat but am still relatively lean and i also have around 100 or more grams of good fats......

·
5,555 Posts
kieren1234 said:
But you need carbs to fuel your workouts right??...
No - you can get all the energy you need from fats (and also protein if you don't get enough energy from other sources).

Carbs - salads and fruits - just happen to be our most convenient, inexpensive and delicious way today of getting all the vits and minerals we need.

But if you give your body a continual supply of an appreciable amount of carbs it will eagerly store any excess calories preferentially as fat.

So instead, eating sufficient protein and a reasonable amount of fat and then adjusting your carb intake day by day is the simplest way of having enough energy to live and work out and controlling your fat storage.

You can lose flab and gain lean muscle at the same time, as Dutch Scott confirmed today on another thread about lean gaining.

G

·
Im with PD. I always try to stay low carb,

Kieran 300g carbs a day isnt huge amounts, i mena, some lads eat Kg's! but id rather be eating Protein and fats. That way atleast your providing your body with, not only fuel, but more building blocks should you need them.

Whole eggs, Meat, Veg And EVOO pretty much makes up my whole diet.

A few oats in AM shake and High GI carbs PWO are pretty much it.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Prodiver said:

Pro have you forgot you are on a bodybuilding board. why wopuld any1 want to gain weight. well i want to gain muscle. muscle has a weight. if i gain muscle i will gain weight. this is my goal. i wish to be competing in the inter u90 next year and was in the inter u80 this year so i need to gain weight which by weight i and others mean muscle

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Prodiver said:
No - you can get all the energy you need from fats (and also protein if you don't get enough energy from other sources).

Carbs - salads and fruits - just happen to be our most convenient, inexpensive and delicious way today of getting all the vits and minerals we need.

But if you give your body a continual supply of an appreciable amount of carbs it will eagerly store any excess calories preferentially as fat.

So instead, eating sufficient protein and a reasonable amount of fat and then adjusting your carb intake day by day is the simplest way of having enough energy to live and work out and controlling your fat storage.

You can lose flab and gain lean muscle at the same time, as Dutch Scott confirmed today on another thread about lean gaining.
this is true and if your happy gaining 1-4lb of muscle a year then keep ure carbs down, and cals at 100 or 200 above maintanance and in 10 years you may look like a competitive bodybuilder. myself i will rather gain a little fluff and alot more muscle and be 10lb heavier on stage or more next year :)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
mikex101 said:
Im with PD. I always try to stay low carb,

Kieran 300g carbs a day isnt huge amounts, i mena, some lads eat Kg's! but id rather be eating Protein and fats. That way atleast your providing your body with, not only fuel, but more building blocks should you need them.

Whole eggs, Meat, Veg And EVOO pretty much makes up my whole diet.

A few oats in AM shake and High GI carbs PWO are pretty much it.
I know what your saying. My protein is 320 - 400g a day depending on whether im training, and fats i think are around 90 - 120. apart from training days, i dont have carbs after 8pm and last two meals of the day are always a high protein high fat meal like lean mince, PB, casien with EVOO etc.........

·
....On a quest to be an animal..
2,026 Posts
Pro - wont you end up being carb depleted, so your glycogen stores are low and risk loosing muscle, or can fats be converted in to glycogen too?

confused!

·
5,555 Posts
hilly said:
Pro have you forgot you are on a bodybuilding board. why wopuld any1 want to gain weight. well i want to gain muscle. muscle has a weight. if i gain muscle i will gain weight. this is my goal. i wish to be competing in the inter u90 next year and was in the inter u80 this year so i need to gain weight which by weight i and others mean muscle
Yebbut I was being ironic - hence I put weight in italics :whistling:

Of course muscle has weight and if you gain only muscle you'll still gain weight.

But people keep talking about gaining weight as if any weight gain is a good thing, and is surely why so many would-be bodybuilders think cramming in more calories will make them gain muscle and so just eat indiscriminately.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
yes i no u were as we have had this discussion several times but when you say things like the above you now have kieran who is making good gains thinking he should alter his diet.

every1 wants to stay lean and gain just muscle. however the fact of the matter is doing some and making any half decent gains is next to impossible for most if wanting to live a semi normal life and not need a mortgage for growth

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
hilly said:
yes i no u were as we have had this discussion several times but when you say things like the above you now have kieran who is making good gains thinking he should alter his diet.

every1 wants to stay lean and gain just muscle. however the fact of the matter is doing some and making any half decent gains is next to impossible for most if wanting to live a semi normal life and not need a mortgage for growth
I dont want to alter my diet mate. FOOK that!! lol. I like my food again and am actually enjoying eating this much for once. Cant get enough food in me at the minute :)

I have come round to the idea that staying really lean and getting the gains that i want all year round just isnt going to happen. So im happy to sacrifice putting some fat on to get where i want to be, i would rather over eat than under eat, period.

G

·
Hilly,

Lets take Kieran as an example, Hes eating circa 300g of carbs daily. so 1200cals.

If he dropped 1000cals of carbs and replaced with 1000 cals of additional protein and carbs. What going to happen?

To be honest i dont know enough about food to create an argument. I do what i find works from trial and error. Are we talking less insulin spikage and as a result less gains? are we talking glycogen depletion, even on 200g/day and therefore less ability to work (Although ive not experienced that on <10g carbs/day)

Im just wondering what your thoughts are?

Youve even got a great quote as your sig. And to be honest, i recon its very true and in most cases, the fat gain is unnecessary.

·
Unless you&#39;re a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
HJL said:
Pro - wont you end up being carb depleted, so your glycogen stores are low and risk loosing muscle, or can fats be converted in to glycogen too?

confused!
Carb depletion isn't necessarily a bad thing, and won't lead to low glycogen or muscle loss providing you still have body fat and/or eat enough fat.

Fats can certainly be released and turned into glycogen, and will do this all the more efficiently when you limit your carb intake.

If the body becomes used to an appreciable carb intake, not getting enough carbs can lead to "low blood sugar" events when you feel weak and shaky. The standard cure is to eat some "fast carbs" quickly such as sugar. Regular large carb intakes can lead to insulin swings and more low blood sugar events.

But when your body gets used to not having much carbs it gets accustomed to releasing stored bodyfat efficiently in response to exercise and without insulin swings.

·
Unless you&#39;re a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
kieren1234 said:
I dont want to alter my diet mate. FOOK that!! lol. I like my food again and am actually enjoying eating this much for once. Cant get enough food in me at the minute :)

I have come round to the idea that staying really lean and getting the gains that i want all year round just isnt going to happen. So im happy to sacrifice putting some fat on to get where i want to be, i would rather over eat than under eat, period.
I love good food too!

But eating optimally isn't that difficult, and no great changes.

The thing is to eschew the mad recieved wisdom that fat is bad, and eat butter, eggs, milk, cheese, cream, olive oil, mayonnaise, and not worry about the fat in meat, chips, roast vegetables, and the occasional yummy dessert, etc.

Of course you'll get plenty of calories this way, so then you monitor your flab level and adjust your carb intake.

A hard-lifting bodybuilder is likely even so to need quite an amount of carbs, but eaten as vit- and mineral-rich salads and fruits they're very easy to adjust and delicious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.