UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
I never had any hair problems either but starting on 40mg again just started getting more problems. I will happily taper off it at this point i dont really think a second course should have been started if im honest seeing the result of the last one only helping for a very short while.

We shall see how it goes i guess.
I never had an issue on Prednisolone and I took it for more than 10 weeks starting at 10 tablets (50mg). Had two small courses with Asthma too. I've got 30 tablets in a cupboard now, a not used prescription. I couldn't have been without it, the state I was in skin condition wise. I didn't really want to take them but I had to. Since I have sorted my skin and leg issue out myself believe it or not. I don't need them now.

The second course is obviously to try and get your condition under control, I am not a Doctor, but it may have been better to start you at 50mg to really sort it and get it under control. Your condition isn't a mild one. There will be differing doses for different conditions I understand that but as I told you 30mg did not touch my skin condition and I consider that dose to be on the mild side. It's 30mg for asthma too and you have a bad case of colitis mate. See what I am saying... You will have to get your condition under control then go from there mate...

Fact remains mate, it is steroids they use for your condition, there is a milder one and I have written about it, in yours and DBTBB's Journal I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
I never had an issue on Prednisolone and I took it for more than 10 weeks starting at 10 tablets (50mg). Had two small courses with Asthma too. I've got 30 tablets in a cupboard now, a not used prescription. I couldn't have been without it, the state I was in skin condition wise. I didn't really want to take them but I had to. Since I have sorted my skin and leg issue out myself believe it or not. I don't need them now.

The second course is obviously to try and get your condition under control, I am not a Doctor, but it may have been better to start you at 50mg to really sort it and get it under control. Your condition isn't a mild one. There will be differing doses for different conditions I understand that but as I told you 30mg did not touch my skin condition and I consider that dose to be on the mild side. It's 30mg for asthma too and you have a bad case of colitis mate. See what I am saying... You will have to get your condition under control then go from there mate...

Fact remains mate, it is steroids they use for your condition, there is a milder one and I have written about it, in yours and DBTBB's Journal I'm sure.
I truly think its the fact i have been on steroids for so long which is counter-productive at this point and causing side effects, i had a course of budenoside, had hydrocortisone injections and now 2 courses of prednisolone back to back.

I will be interested in what the gastro has to say but pulling massive chunks of hair out in the shower and having side effects with no real positives anymore doesnt sit well with me.

All of it is a bit of a bummer but will have to make do with what i can. Pred just doesnt seem like the most friendly drug to be on for a long period of time considering the previous ones they tried and didnt work.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
After having a quick read of some of the stuff you've been through the last couple pages, I won't ever take my normal digestive system for granted again and will be sure to look after it. Can't believe both you and @DLTBB are both suffering same thing same time.
Precious thing isnt it mate , actually being able to digest your food :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Rest day today. Bodyweight was at 72.8kg this morning not sure how it fluctuated that high but we’ll take it :ROFLMAO: Been trying to keep my diet in check more after a little break from the 16-19th due to feeling unwell.

Also bought some InnovaPharm Neuro pre to drop the ridiculous amounts of caffeine from my old one but still try get some nasty pumps going. Can always add stimulants if im feeling on a day separately.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Prednisolone now tapering down weekly, Will be back to doing tests and shxt to see how i get along hopefully not falling straight back into a flair.

I do feel better recently, especially with the suspected anemia and my heart rate , also got my colour back so not walking around looking like a ghost again assuming it was low iron / hemaglobin.

Got a push session later today with a non-stim pre and doing some bench. Looking forward to it. Bodyweight still stable which is a good sign.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Doing well mate. 💪

To well.... 😓😉 I've thrown down the gauntlet the other day, SO I'll see if I can match your bench and Pec deck later..... 😨 I doubt the pec deck though... 😢

Well done mate though!

541 - 554 of 554 Posts