UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
Bodyweight has taken a slight increase to low 72s recently, even though i feel like im crapping out everything i eat something must be working, havent been in the gym the last few days due to feeling very faint when standing up etc but hoping the iron and pred will help soon.

Recent bodyweights:

Jun:
8: 71.7
9: 71.2
10: 71.7
11: 71.4
12: 71.6
13: 71.4
14: 71.4
15: 72.1
16: 72.2
17: 72.1

Recent Calories + Protein:

Jun:
8: 3410 + 155
9: 3316 + 182 (+ drinks)
10: 3316 + 182
11: 3300 + 175 ~
12: 3330 + 153
13: 2600 + 100 ~
14: 3300 + 150
15: 3250 + 120
16: -
17: -

Still not quite 100% with the diet i can admit especially the last few days it has been rough. Dont even want to bring myself to have a shake or anything to reach the 175 protein goal but hoping as i start feeling better i’ll be able to get it in.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Can't understand why you are feeling bad mate, actually saw my mate that has colitis and he's doing great, trained for decades. I said to him you are looking big, and he just laughed, we have trained in the same gym for years with other gym mates. Hope you get it sorted, yes, if you are not up to it, rest up mate.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
Can't understand why you are feeling bad mate, actually saw my mate that has colitis and he's doing great, trained for decades. I said to him you are looking big, and he just laughed, we have trained in the same gym for years with other gym mates. Hope you get it sorted, yes, if you are not up to it, rest up mate.
Think its just the fact i have been losing blood again (most likely anemic) and i didnt have much time to really recover to 100%. The father asked me to help him pick up a 30kg ish AC unit yesterday and after that i was curled up for 30 minutes cramping not to mention my crap heart rate through the roof.

What can you do though, gastro going to be checking in again Wednesday and just taking it day by day hoping the pred helps again even if its for a short period of time.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
You need to see your GP too mate, I think, with the high heart rate. Prednisolone can cause that, maybe there is another medicine available. Sorry mate, but everyone I know with colitis is OK the majority of the time, I can't get my head around your case. Rest up mate, and get on the internet and do some investigation, you may be able to help yourself with more knowledge on the condition. I did that with my legs and basically sorted it myself with trail and error literally, no joke and it is a long story, but I'm proud of myself for doing it. Doctors like it when you help yourself!!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
You need to see your GP too mate, I think, with the high heart rate. Prednisolone can cause that, maybe there is another medicine available. Sorry mate, but everyone I know with colitis is OK the majority of the time, I can't get my head around your case. Rest up mate, and get on the internet and do some investigation, you may be able to help yourself with more knowledge on the condition. I did that with my legs and basically sorted it myself with trail and error literally, no joke and it is a long story, but I'm proud of myself for doing it. Doctors like it when you help yourself!!
Waiting on some bloods to see my iron and hemaglobin at the moment which they think could be low and causing my heart to work extra to actually get oxygen around.

I’ve been trying to eat more foods to help increase and absorb the iron at the moment, nothing i have tried yet has helped actual colitis symptoms though.

I’ll work through it im sure it wont be like this all the time, not as bad as the last flair so that gives some form of hope!

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Fair enough and good you are being checked out, you are too young to be suffering mate, hope you get sorted quickly. When I see the people I know with colitis again I will question them further about their initial experience of the condition and what worked.

One thing, you can type quick, couldn't believe the speed of your reply!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Can't understand why you are feeling bad mate, actually saw my mate that has colitis and he's doing great, trained for decades
Come on Bri. There’s obviously different severities of the condition. Your mate has had a decade to get it under control through trial and error on different meds. He might have gone years without symptoms at this point. Alex has only just got a diagnosis and still trying to find out which meds work for him. If he’s losing blood regularly and is anaemic or bordering on anaemic, his energy levels are going to be rock bottom.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Come on Bri. There’s obviously different severities of the condition. Your mate has had a decade to get it under control through trial and error on different meds. He might have gone years without symptoms at this point. Alex has only just got a diagnosis and still trying to find out which meds work for him. If he’s losing blood regularly and is anaemic or bordering on anaemic, his energy levels are going to be rock bottom.
Point taken, and yes, that did come to mind, but I do know a few people with the condition and they have never described what Alex is going through. The mate I mentioned above has hardly mentioned the condition, over a long time, when training. I'm not getting at Alex, I want him well and enjoying the gym, it's possible the people I know have light cases, I don't know, but I can't get my head around his case, that's all. As said above, I will question the people I know with the condition and see if there is anything that can help Alex. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Point taken, and yes, that did come to mind, but I do know a few people with the condition and they have never described what Alex is going through. The mate I mentioned above has hardly mentioned the condition, over a long time, when training. I'm not getting at Alex, I want him well and enjoying the gym, it's possible the people I know have light cases, I don't know, but I can't get my head around his case, that's all. As said above, I will question the people I know with the condition and see if there is anything that can help Alex. Cheers.
It depends on the severity for sure. Some people with the condition end up dropping down to a body weight comparable to somebody with anorexia and have to have their bowel removed to regain any quality of life. When I had my first flare up with it while I was in prison, I lost over a stone in a month and my skin looked grey. People thought I had cancer. Being in a position where you’re losing blood every time you use the bathroom, going in excess of 10 times daily, not absorbing the nutrients from the small amount of food you do manage to eat and having minimal/poor quality sleep really takes it out of you. Once he finds the right combination/dosage of the medication that works for him, he can enter remission and all of his symptoms could clear suddenly, but it can take months/years of trial and error to get to that point. All the while you’re suffering with the symptoms daily and the condition of your bowel could be getting worse. It’s hard work and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody to be honest.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Edited :-

Hope you are feeling better mate. Keep your chin up, the new treatment course will work and you will be back to your normal self soon... 💪💯
Thanks mate. Plan is to go to the gym tomorrow and smash it, you know me i wont let something knock me down for too long.

Going to make sure i keep up my iron levels this time and keep my diet on point not make the same mistakes i have not even too long ago.

Still wanting to 100% compete and push as far as i humanly can no plans have changed, i will be back to 100% soon.

501 - 520 of 554 Posts