UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 560 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not here for any judgement! Just a little appreciation post.

Starting Pic:

Joint Shorts Leg Knee Thigh

As you can tell, I'm one of the youngest on the forum i reckon. Starting pic is taken at about 16 years old. Currently just turned 18. Started off very skinny and hardly ate, one meal a day was optimal for me which was quite destructive.

I've started off in the gym properly just before the very first lockdown. Was challenging to keep up with all of the closures and stay motivated but here i am.

Recent Progress Pics:

Joint Trousers Shorts Knee Thigh
Joint Arm Shorts Muscle Leg

Currently 18 years old, Sitting at around 67kg.

On a Test 300mg and Tbol 50mg Cycle.

Any helpful and good hearted advice about gym and working out in general is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Ok....

Im going to say, you clearly have half decent genetics going by your pic at age 16. I'd say ectomorph with possible mesomorph properties.

Your probably going to get blasted on the fact your 18 and doing AAS. Your doing it now, so there's no point me saying anything. Your gonna do what your gonna do. Personally I feel you had atleast 6-7 years natural training and you would of made great gains if you really tried.

You've made good gains BUT I think you could of easily done that naturally. I really hope you've done your research (personally I spent about 4 years reading before I even thought about it). And going on your "night sweat" thread, I fear you really haven't done much. This leads me to think your diet and training isn't going to be it's best to get the real benefits from what your doing. Would like to see as I like to be proved wrong.

Anyway, I really hope you understand what you've done. I'd say at a few weeks in, it's still not too late and I'm sure we could advise you on how to get back to natural levels. Hopefully.

BUT f**k it, it's your life. Keep eating and build a solid base to build on. Good luck bud.

·
Spartan Warrior
1,188 Posts
I'd say ectomorph with possible mesomorph properties.
This whole somatotype has been debunked and is a myth.
Alex said he ate one meal a day. That doesn't make him an "ectomorph". Ectomorphs are just people who under eat (wether that's intentional or naturally don't have a big appetite) or who expend loads of calories and don't make up for it by eating what they burn.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
This whole somatotype has been debunked and is a myth.
Alex said he ate one meal a day. That doesn't make him an "ectomorph". Ectomorphs are just people who under eat (wether that's intentional or naturally don't have a big appetite) or who expend loads of calories and don't make up for it by eating what they burn.
Well that's down to personal opinion. When you say debunked; by who? So does that mean genetics are not in play? Or am I reading this wrong?

I was merely going off one picture bud....

I very much doubt it was just one meal a day. One meal followed by lots of snacking/grazing.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
That's good progress Alex, you shouldn't have started steroids yet as already stated,

My advice at your age and build

It looks like you can eat whatever you want and your metabolism will not get you fat

Eat healthy above maintenance with plenty of protein ,

Ask people ways to train in the gym you've been gym for only 12months lots to learn bud.

Solid training eating will see as good results as you want to see at your age Alex.

But I can see a good differencevi your top half

I'm guessing the bottom don't match ,if so do leg days at your age while you can , ond day when your old lijr me you wish you had,

Post up your training regimen in the training section, your eating regimen in its relevant section and ho from the advice there mate

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good progress Alex, you shouldn't have started steroids yet as already stated,

My advice at your age and build

It looks like you can eat whatever you want and your metabolism will not get you fat

Eat healthy above maintenance with plenty of protein ,

Ask people ways to train in the gym you've been gym for only 12months lots to learn bud.

Solid training eating will see as good results as you want to see at your age Alex.

But I can see a good differencevi your top half

I'm guessing the bottom don't match ,if so do leg days at your age while you can , ond day when your old lijr me you wish you had,

Post up your training regimen in the training section, your eating regimen in its relevant section and ho from the advice there mate
Over lockdown training legs was a nightmare. I am back into it but not much to show yet its still a work in progress.

Eating regimen too isnt much to post about, I'm not very strict on it and try keep it manageable, just set a minimum of 2500 calories and 140g of proteins per day currently, the way i intake that differs day by day but i do stick to leaner and healthier foods as opposed to fast foods and whatever else you may assume teenagers indulge in nowadays.

Will be making a post with my training regimen soon :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Ok....

Im going to say, you clearly have half decent genetics going by your pic at age 16. I'd say ectomorph with possible mesomorph properties.

Your probably going to get blasted on the fact your 18 and doing AAS. Your doing it now, so there's no point me saying anything. Your gonna do what your gonna do. Personally I feel you had atleast 6-7 years natural training and you would of made great gains if you really tried.

You've made good gains BUT I think you could of easily done that naturally. I really hope you've done your research (personally I spent about 4 years reading before I even thought about it). And going on your "night sweat" thread, I fear you really haven't done much. This leads me to think your diet and training isn't going to be it's best to get the real benefits from what your doing. Would like to see as I like to be proved wrong.

Anyway, I really hope you understand what you've done. I'd say at a few weeks in, it's still not too late and I'm sure we could advise you on how to get back to natural levels. Hopefully.

BUT f**k it, it's your life. Keep eating and build a solid base to build on. Good luck bud.
The advice is appreciated! Im aware AAS at 18 is VERY controversial but hey i made the leap i'm going to stick with it. Might regret it in the future but thats life i'm perfectly happy with accepting any consequences right now.

Also i have done a bit of research theres just certain things i've been noticing on cycle and my overthinking mind cant help but make sure its all in check!

All the advice is always appreciated.

Diet wise i'm hitting a minimum of 2500 calories a day and 140g of protein. It's been doing me fine recently , probably not optimal but i dont want to make eating a "chore".

I will post a training regimen in the forum soon.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
The advice is appreciated! Im aware AAS at 18 is VERY controversial but hey i made the leap i'm going to stick with it. Might regret it in the future but thats life i'm perfectly happy with accepting any consequences right now.

Also i have done a bit of research theres just certain things i've been noticing on cycle and my overthinking mind cant help but make sure its all in check!

All the advice is always appreciated.

Diet wise i'm hitting a minimum of 2500 calories a day and 140g of protein. It's been doing me fine recently , probably not optimal but i dont want to make eating a "chore".

I will post a training regimen in the correct part of the forum soon.

Thanks.
At 67kg your protein amount should be sufficient aiming at 1g per lb of bodyweight . Isn't just about protein tho, carbs and fats also important . I agree with dacct about jumping onto soon , but won't give you a hard time as you have obviously made up your mind . As above post up your diet and training and try to get the most out of your training since your running mate . If this is your first cycle it should be your best , you won't get another cycle like your first so may as well get the most bang for your buck

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice progress @Alex12340 What made you take the jump to AAS? I'd up the protien a little if I were you, Not that hard to get in
Enhancing my training already and getting optimal results. The possible thought of bodybuilding has also crossed my mind but from what i'm aware its very hard to get into, will need a lot more years progress and im aware a lot of competitors are on AAS. If bodybuilding isn't on the books im set on joining the army in the future too and im sure the extra fitness wouldnt hinder much.

TLDR: Possible future in fitness? I dragged that on too much haha :lol:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Enhancing my training already and getting optimal results. The possible thought of bodybuilding has also crossed my mind but from what i'm aware its very hard to get into, will need a lot more years progress and im aware a lot of competitors are on AAS. If bodybuilding isn't on the books im set on joining the army in the future too and im sure the extra fitness wouldnt hinder much.

TLDR: Possible future in fitness? I dragged that on too much haha :lol:
The reason people keep mentioning that word "diet" is because it's more important than I think you realise. You will grow like a weed if you eat right. You can lift all the weights you want, but if your diet isn't any good, you'll massively miss out. Took me years and years to understand this. Still learning....like everyone.

Id be more interested in your food intake than your gym routine. You seem a bit blarzey about it. You have to be open to all criticism and know how to take advice in this game bud. (Not saying your not).

im saying all this without trying to sound patronising.... :thumb

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The reason people keep mentioning that word "diet" is because it's more important than I think you realise. You will grow like a weed if you eat right. You can lift all the weights you want, but if your diet isn't any good, you'll massively miss out. Took me years and years to understand this. Still learning....like everyone.

Id be more interested in your food intake than your gym routine. You seem a bit blarzey about it. You have to be open to all criticism and know how to take advice in this game bud. (Not saying your not).

im saying all this without trying to sound patronising.... :thumb
I understand completely but i cant give exact food measurements atm as it differs, i get my macros and nutrients from different sources daily and dont stick to an exact diet (only currently). For example i could have a meal with a tuna and salmon salad with pasta one day, the next could be a steak mashed potatoes and vegetables at that same time instead of the salad if you understand me.

I dont currently track everything i eat either, I think that would be a great start :lol:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I understand completely but i cant give exact food measurements atm as it differs, i get my macros and nutrients from different sources daily and dont stick to an exact diet (only currently). For example i could have a meal with a tuna and salmon salad with pasta one day, the next could be a steak mashed potatoes and vegetables at that same time instead of the salad if you understand me.

I dont currently track everything i eat either, I think that would be a great start :lol:
Don't worry about tracking too much for our benefit, you surely can remember what you ate yesterday , post that with rough sizes, if you had steak it's minimum size etc ,

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't worry about tracking too much for our benefit, you surely can remember what you ate yesterday , post that with rough sizes, if you had steak it's minimum size etc ,
Understood. Very rough but this is what yesterday looked like for me.

Spaghetti (god knows how much) and 300g beef mince with bolognese sauce for breakfast. (9/10am)

Followed by a workout.

Got home and had 4 eggs with a tomato and goats cheese. (1pm roughly)

M&S 300g salad with salmon, added a can of tuna and mackerel fillets along with goats cheese , big fan clearly (5pm)

Had another workout mainly for cardio and ab work

Another 300g salad , same as last time but added a pack of diced beef meat which i think is 350-500g. (9-10pm)

Had my normal protein shake (20g myprotein clear) and also some random protein bar i found in tescos.

The salads also contained a little bit of pasta in them.

(convinced carbs weren't really optimal yesterday but that is how the day went, also snack on almonds occasionally)

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
If you don't track your food, how do you know your eating enough?

I tried....

Good luck bud.
I'm not telling him not to track, just wanted to see an average day to make sure he's hitting a minimum , and at that rate he is at the minute , I agree and I hope your reading this ALEX , you now need to start tracking them calories ,it seems your eating enough to grow , need to track now so your not over eating

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not telling him not to track, just wanted to see an average day to make sure he's hitting a minimum , and at that rate he is at the minute , I agree and I hope your reading this ALEX , you now need to start tracking them calories ,it seems your eating enough to grow , need to track now so your not over eating
Cheers mate.

1 - 20 of 560 Posts