UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
the main differences are that NABBA judge in height classes for men and have a trained and toned womens classes...

the UKBFF judge men in weight classes and the 2 main female classes are Physique and Bodyfitness....

for me i mainly choose NABBA as the height classes suit my physique plus NABBA don't dictate to the athletes what they can and can't do when not on the stage.... that actually make up the federation the UKBFF do....

·
SOMEDAY
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pscarb said:
the main differences are that NABBA judge in height classes for men and have a trained and toned womens classes...

the UKBFF judge men in weight classes and the 2 main female classes are Physique and Bodyfitness....

for me i mainly choose NABBA as the height classes suit my physique plus NABBA don't dictate to the athletes what they can and can't do when not on the stage.... that actually make up the federation the UKBFF do....
What athletes can and can't do off stage?

·
Read Only
35,526 Posts
LittleChris said:
Do some people choose one fed over another as more chance of silverware?
with the 2 mentioned their are guys who suit height classes of NABBA than weight classes of the UKBFF so would stand a better chance of winning more shows or placing higher by switching feds....

micky07 said:
What athletes can and can't do off stage?
the UKBFF bans any of its members from competing or guest posing in any other show be this an open show or another federation like NABBA, i have asked many times how this stupid rule is good for the British Bodybuilding scene and i am yet to receive an answer........

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
If you compete in ukbff you can only compete for them long story cut short

Nabba you can still compete elsewhere, personally I'll go with ukbff for the fact they have the classic class until then the under 80kg class, I don't think I'd do too well in a height class at the moment

Each to their own really as to what fed people choose

·
SOMEDAY
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pscarb said:
with the 2 mentioned their are guys who suit height classes of NABBA than weight classes of the UKBFF so would stand a better chance of winning more shows or placing higher by switching feds....

the UKBFF bans any of its members from competing or guest posing in any other show be this an open show or another federation like NABBA, i have asked many times how this stupid rule is good for the British Bodybuilding scene and i am yet to receive an answer........
Seems to me like a bit of a strict rule. There must be something behind it, however I dont agree with it. Unless someone can convince me.

·
Gobby
10,533 Posts
NABBA you usually can only do your local show, UKBFF you can compete at any show, regardless of location. UKBFF is also affiliated to the IFBB, so there's a chance of getting a pro card if you win the overall (men) or place well abroad.

·
Getting Freaky!
7,522 Posts
LittleChris said:
Better in what sense Jim?
quality of comper

but im not saying that again lol but ther was a thread on this ages ago now it was funny as all the nabba lot as you expect got right pi22ed off! lol

not trying to start this up again but thought id mension it as all who read that post will have a think back and lol

·
3,527 Posts
Beklet said:
NABBA you usually can only do your local show, UKBFF you can compete at any show, regardless of location. UKBFF is also affiliated to the IFBB, so there's a chance of getting a pro card if you win the overall (men) or place well abroad.
Nabba don't restrict to local competitors only from what I know of

·
3,527 Posts
micky07 said:
Seems to me like a bit of a strict rule. There must be something behind it, however I dont agree with it. Unless someone can convince me.
From what I have heard it is due to the funding side of things, it is seen by the ukbff that they give a lot of support to their athletes in order to help them progress and they want those athletes to stay loyal by showing what their progress at their shows, also last year didn't they pay for their winners to go to the Arnold? They paid for a team to go tothe worlds and Europeans also don't they?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.