UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couture VS Toney, who are you betting on?

I am going with my boy James ''Lights out'' Toney...I have a cheeky bet on him @ those silly odds, be a fool not to. I think a lot of MMA fans are so ignorant it's beyond words, if you think he hasn't trained solid for this on take down defense etc you dear boy are an idiot. I can't help but laugh at how all these so called UFC fans think Randy ''The pensioner'' Couture is going to clinch and ''dirty box'' with Toney...HELLO Toney is a 5 weight professional world boxing champion with over 20 years pro experience, if Couture does try that I assure you Toney will absolutely tear him apart FACT!

IMO The ONLY way Couture is winning is by getting Toney to the ground and keeping him there & praying to god Toney don't land off his back (Yeah I hear you laugh) But you think Toney with 4oz gloves is carrying no power off his back? Yeah right!

Seriously take these things into consideration all you biased UFC lot.

1. Toneys handspeed.

2. His power with 4oz gloves. (I hope Couture has life insurance)

3. His bear like strength.

4. His cardio...Yeah he may have a spare tyre or two but believe me I assure you his conditioning is twice that of the 47yr old Coutures.

5. Toneys granite chin!

6. Toneys amazing defense.

7. Coutures glass chin.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LUCKY PUNCH, IT'S CALLED A WINNING PUNCH & WINNING PUNCHES DESTROY GLASS CHINS...PERIOD! :thumbup1:

God I pray Toney destroys him, will show what a laughing stock the UFC really is when a fat, 42yr old past his prime boxer comes in and smashed there so called hall of famer. Like Mercer vs Sylvia all over again :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like Couture don't get me wrong but IMO Dana has picked the wrong opponent for Toney...Most say otherwise but I think Toney would have a lot more problems against a younger wrestler!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D92 said:
Another thing Dan UFC shiits allover boxing IMO :)
The thing is boxing is a lot more technical....I love boxing & MMA, not just UFC...All MMA! But lets be honest most of the time what makes it great to watch is down to the fact most MMA fighters have glass jaws & pish defense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
westy125 said:
Couture!

He will take him down in the first 20 seconds and ground and pound him for 15 mins to prove a point!

Boxers stay away from MMA! lol
It's a possibility but if Couture goes for the take down then he is well in distance to eat a few punches.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean lets face it how embarrassing...A WWE wrestler as champion haha. The most 1-Dimensional bum EVER. Crap stand up, no power for a guy his size. All he does is the same crap over & over again. Fedor would rape him...Alistair Overeem would kick his fat noggin into orbit. I am telling you all, Overeem would annihilate Brock Lesnar!

Faster than Brock, just as big but way stronger...Deadly striker, deadly on the ground with his ground & pound & submissions. Overeem atm is unstoppable.

·
Downloading Expert
536 Posts
Having done MMA in various formats for 8-10 years, I would take him down, standing with a pro boxer would be crazy!

Thats my opinion, if Tony catches him then it will be a knockout, but again I think Couture will do the take down option to be safe.

·
EFBB Winner
4,620 Posts
dan-cov-boxer said:
I mean lets face it how embarrassing...A WWE wrestler as champion haha. The most 1-Dimensional bum EVER. Crap stand up, no power for a guy his size. All he does is the same crap over & over again. Fedor would rape him...Alistair Overeem would kick his fat noggin into orbit. I am telling you all, Overeem would annihilate Brock Lesnar!

Faster than Brock, just as big but way stronger...Deadly striker, deadly on the ground with his ground & pound & submissions. Overeem atm is unstoppable.
If the UFC sign him then maybe we'd get to see it. I see what you mean about Brock, but that's just the nature of that division of the sport. Brock is very quick for his size, very big and very powerful. He's also got fairly good ground game - not the most technical at all, but he knows a bit of jiu jitsu.

Let's not forget that Couture's been knocking guys out way into his forties and he's won his last 2 fights. Plus, this is billed as mma vs boxing, so if toney's learned any mma then it's false advertising :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AlasTTTair said:
If the UFC sign him then maybe we'd get to see it. I see what you mean about Brock, but that's just the nature of that division of the sport. Brock is very quick for his size, very big and very powerful. He's also got fairly good ground game - not the most technical at all, but he knows a bit of jiu jitsu.

Let's not forget that Couture's been knocking guys out way into his forties and he's won his last 2 fights. Plus, this is billed as mma vs boxing, so if toney's learned any mma then it's false advertising :D
I really hope so, I think Overeem only has 1 fight left on his contract so hopefully he wins that and goes to the UFC. IMO he gets better every fight and is now at his best weight, he was way to big to make light heavy before. Yeah Brocks fast and powerful but his hands are dreadful. In his fight against Carwin, if that was anybody else that would of been stopped, but I have to give him credit, he did well to weather the storm and comeback and take the win! :thumbup1:

·
EFBB Winner
4,620 Posts
dan-cov-boxer said:
I really hope so, I think Overeem only has 1 fight left on his contract so hopefully he wins that and goes to the UFC. IMO he gets better every fight and is now at his best weight, he was way to big to make light heavy before. Yeah Brocks fast and powerful but his hands are dreadful. In his fight against Carwin, if that was anybody else that would of been stopped, but I have to give him credit, he did well to weather the storm and comeback and take the win! :thumbup1:
You've also got to remember that Lesnar was an All-American wrestling champion before he was in the WWE and had a very good amateur wrestling record! It's not just a case of WWE star-turned UFC fighter; he was a credible athlete before WWE and he's one now imo :)

·
chasing that one last rep.
3,436 Posts
First half of the first round is gonna be tricky for Couture, i think he needs to take it to the ground.Re-Lesnar you need to remember that the guys is basically just starting off in the UFC,he's an awesome athlete and will become more and more dangerous when he learns more bjj.

·
Newbie Trainer
41 Posts
Im a massive boxing fan but Toney's down sh1t creek without a paddle here. He's a former P4P king many moons ago but in reality he's only trained to fight with his hands, he's at a huge handicap, would be like stepping into the boxing ring with one hand tied behind your back. He could catch Coture but I dont see it, I think it will be a pi55 poor fight with coture laying all over Toney.

Now, if they fought under the marquis of queensbery rules, Toney would knock him into next year

·
Football Fantasy - Real Faketeam
695 Posts
Even if Toney's trained in takedown defence it won't do much good. Couture has been taking guys down for longer than some of us have been alive. He pinned Tito down for 5 rounds and pounded him out and he's a wrestler, so taking down Toney won't be much trouble IMO.

As for the hands... Well, you'd just avoid standing up wouldn't you, smash his legs in or something to try and sap some power.

Saying that though - all of the fights start on their feet, it's gunna be interesting!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.