UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I'm an 18 male and I've been trying to lose about 2-3 stone of body fat and have about 5 months to do so as I am going on holiday then. I am 5'7 and 12st.11lbs. Most of the fat is around my belly and thighs so need to get rid of that ASAP.

I've been eating at a caloric deficit of 1500 calories but haven't been meeting that dead on as someday's I'll have about 300-400 calories left but don't eat. I am on my 6th day and Haven't seen any physical changes... My scales that I don't really trust and have ordered some new ones as the one i currently have are quite old, But they have said that I started on 13st 1lbs and I am now 12st 11. I have been walking the dog most days for about 10-15 mins and doing nothing else exercise wise.

When the weather gets better I will start running round the fields I live right next to but can't as they have been water logged cause of the crappy weather. Hopefully I can start that next week as weather Is supposed to be a lot better next week.

The types of meals I have been eating are:

Chicken Breast (oven cooked) with white rice,Porridge, Mince beef and onion with white rice and pasta with tuna(in spring water).

I have coffee but Only with 2 sweeteners and a bit of milk.

I haven't eaten over my deficit since I started so what could I do to cut weight quicker??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
It's simple, your undereating so the body is holding onto fat thinking its been starved!

Check TDEE here:

www.tdeecalculator.net

Choose cutting calories under macronutrients.

That is a -500 calorie deficit.

Don't equate extreme low cal's with faster fat loss, it's just not the case in the long run.

Come back at tell me what your TDEE is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's simple, your undereating so the body is holding onto fat thinking its been starved!

Check TDEE here:

www.tdeecalculator.net

Choose cutting calories under macronutrients.

That is a -500 calorie deficit.

Don't equate extreme low cal's with faster fat loss, it's just not the case in the long run.

Come back at tell me what your TDEE is.
So my calories for cutting should be 1621, 162g of protein, 72g of fats and 81g carbs.

I was just going of the myfitnesspal app but thanks that's been helpful.

How else can i maximize my weigh loss??

Cheers.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
So my calories for cutting should be 1621, 162g of protein, 72g of fats and 81g carbs.

I was just going of the myfitnesspal app but thanks that's been helpful.

How else can i maximize my weigh loss??

Cheers.
This is copied below, so may state some things I've already said.

A simple 500 calories deficit is enough for good weight loss.

The key to any diet is knowing exactly how many calories you need on a daily basis, and just eating under that number).

First you need to workout how many calories your body needs in a day (Total daily energy expenditure).

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning.

Input your data in this website www.tdeecalculator.net
Choose whichever activity level is closest to yourself.

Then click the cutting calories button (under the macronutrients heading), this will give you your starting calories, and what you need to stick to on a daily basis.

Try to get as close as possible to your cutting calories every day, a little over or under is fine but no more than say 20 - 30 calories either way (stick to this bit).
Don't equate eating under your calories with faster weight loss, this will just lead to failure and probable binge eating.

Foods to eat:

Absolutely anything you want, Just weigh and track everything you eat and drink inc milk in tea & coffee etc. (don't add calories back in when you've exercised, MFP will ask if you want to do this).

Check your TDEE on a weekly or daily basis, because it obviously drops as your weight comes down, and adjust calories accordingly in Myfitnesspal.

If you want quicker weight loss you can obviously add in cardio and or resistance exercises, not only will this help build muscle but it will also create a bigger calorie deficit.
If you were to do this I would recommend just a 30 min incline walk on the treadmill or walk outside at a steady state.

Drink plenty water, at least 2-3 litres a day.
It's important to drink more water whilst dieting, not drinking enough will cause you to retain it, not only that, toxins called persistent organic pollutants, accumulate in fat cells, which get released into the bloodstream when dieting and burning fat.

And that's it, just carry on until you are at the weight you want to be.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Well you can eat what you want scientifically. But we all know between eating clean and whatever we want at the same calories.. you can tell the difference in the mirror.

You ask for a quicker way of doing things. If you have the mind power, be strict on your diet and do some cardio. People don't agree with strict as it usually leads to a binge, but if you have the will power it will speed it up.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Hi,

I'm an 18 male and I've been trying to lose about 2-3 stone of body fat and have about 5 months to do so as I am going on holiday then. I am 5'7 and 12st.11lbs. Most of the fat is around my belly and thighs so need to get rid of that ASAP.

I've been eating at a caloric deficit of 1500 calories but haven't been meeting that dead on as someday's I'll have about 300-400 calories left but don't eat. I am on my 6th day and Haven't seen any physical changes... My scales that I don't really trust and have ordered some new ones as the one i currently have are quite old, But they have said that I started on 13st 1lbs and I am now 12st 11. I have been walking the dog most days for about 10-15 mins and doing nothing else exercise wise.

When the weather gets better I will start running round the fields I live right next to but can't as they have been water logged cause of the crappy weather. Hopefully I can start that next week as weather Is supposed to be a lot better next week.

The types of meals I have been eating are:

Chicken Breast (oven cooked) with white rice,Porridge, Mince beef and onion with white rice and pasta with tuna(in spring water).

I have coffee but Only with 2 sweeteners and a bit of milk.

I haven't eaten over my deficit since I started so what could I do to cut weight quicker??

Thanks in advance
Do some god damn cardio.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is copied below, so may state some things I've already said.

A simple 500 calories deficit is enough for good weight loss.

The key to any diet is knowing exactly how many calories you need on a daily basis, and just eating under that number).

First you need to workout how many calories your body needs in a day (Total daily energy expenditure).

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning.

Input your data in this website www.tdeecalculator.net
Choose whichever activity level is closest to yourself.

Then click the cutting calories button (under the macronutrients heading), this will give you your starting calories, and what you need to stick to on a daily basis.

Try to get as close as possible to your cutting calories every day, a little over or under is fine but no more than say 20 - 30 calories either way (stick to this bit).
Don't equate eating under your calories with faster weight loss, this will just lead to failure and probable binge eating.

Foods to eat:

Absolutely anything you want, Just weigh and track everything you eat and drink inc milk in tea & coffee etc. (don't add calories back in when you've exercised, MFP will ask if you want to do this).

Check your TDEE on a weekly or daily basis, because it obviously drops as your weight comes down, and adjust calories accordingly in Myfitnesspal.

If you want quicker weight loss you can obviously add in cardio and or resistance exercises, not only will this help build muscle but it will also create a bigger calorie deficit.
If you were to do this I would recommend just a 30 min incline walk on the treadmill or walk outside at a steady state.

Drink plenty water, at least 2-3 litres a day.
It's important to drink more water whilst dieting, not drinking enough will cause you to retain it, not only that, toxins called persistent organic pollutants, accumulate in fat cells, which get released into the bloodstream when dieting and burning fat.

And that's it, just carry on until you are at the weight you want to be.
Wow, Thanks for all that information and will certainly be putting it to good use!

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.