UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick backstory - I’d been feeling tired now and again with low energy and put some weight on (nothing crazy but not as lean as I used to be) so has bloods at the doctors before and tried improving lifestyle through diet etc - started looking into testosterone possibly being the cause of my issues so that’s why I decided to get a blood test.

I have received some bloods - to be honest don’t really understand them and any feedback would be appreciated. not sure if the TRT route is for me but just want to guage are these levels average for a 31 year old?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Circle Parallel

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
They aren't what you'd hope for at your age bud, personally i'd like to be over 20nmol, and your free test is right on the very bottom end, i'd like to see that at 0.4 or above, shame you haven't got your estrogen and LH checked also, not sure what lifestyle you've lead growing up but this probably will be why you feel the way you do, you won't get prescribed TRT though as your within range, thats the issue with GP's they don't care that your levels mimic a 50-80 year old man yet your only 31 all they look at is your within range, best thing for you would be to try a private clinic or do a hell of a lot od research and do your own TRT, hormone levels drop with age so they aint really gonna get better mate, only worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren't what you'd hope for at your age bud, personally i'd like to be over 20nmol, and your free test is right on the very bottom end, i'd like to see that at 0.4 or above, shame you haven't got your estrogen and LH checked also, not sure what lifestyle you've lead growing up but this probably will be why you feel the way you do, you won't get prescribed TRT though as your within range, thats the issue with GP's they don't care that your levels mimic a 50-80 year old man yet your only 31 all they look at is your within range, best thing for you would be to try a private clinic or do a hell of a lot od research and do your own TRT, hormone levels drop with age so they aint really gonna get better mate, only worse.
Thanks for getting back to me.

yeah I’ve read that on here about basically getting palmed off by the GP as the fall within “range”

I was going to go with a private clinic I think - the 2 I read about we’re ledger or optimale.

Is 31 too young to start TRT? Would it be worth while getting another set of bloods done before taking the dive ? Maybe a more in depth set of bloods

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me.

yeah I’ve read that on here about basically getting palmed off by the GP as the fall within “range”

I was going to go with a private clinic I think - the 2 I read about we’re ledger or optimale.

Is 31 too young to start TRT? Would it be worth while getting another set of bloods done before taking the dive ? Maybe a more in depth set of bloods
It doesn't really matter what age you are, if your levels are poor then thats just how it is, it can be a number of factors, genetics, lifestyle, an injury to the plumbs etc see a lot of young lads with this issue today, but people are less active these days, lots of processed foods now, people gaming all the time, just plain right doing less, eating poorly and not getting enough sleep etc Nothing wrong with doing some more tests before jumping on the trt route tho, can you think of any reason why they might be low? Have you ever taken steroids or sarms in the past? Is your lifestyle healthy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't really matter what age you are, if your levels are poor then thats just how it is, it can be a number of factors, genetics, lifestyle, an injury to the plumbs etc see a lot of young lads with this issue today, but people are less active these days, lots of processed foods now, people gaming all the time, just plain right doing less, eating poorly and not getting enough sleep etc Nothing wrong with doing some more tests before jumping on the trt route tho, can you think of any reason why they might be low? Have you ever taken steroids or sarms in the past? Is your lifestyle healthy?
Nah never done steroids. I used to live pretty healthy from ages 17- 26 diet was clean and I trained 5days a week at least.

Then leading on from that got a house a different job which I travel a lot and to be honest let things slip. Training less, diet is very yo-up and especially the last 2 years during lockdown etc I’ve been drinking a lot more and going from somewhere around 8-12% BF, I am more like 15-20% BF now I’d say.

There is defo things I can cut out my diet to improve it and yeah probably not getting a lot of sleep. That combined with the boozing it’s not going to help anything I guess!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quick backstory - I’d been feeling tired now and again with low energy and put some weight on (nothing crazy but not as lean as I used to be) so has bloods at the doctors before and tried improving lifestyle through diet etc - started looking into testosterone possibly being the cause of my issues so that’s why I decided to get a blood test.

I have received some bloods - to be honest don’t really understand them and any feedback would be appreciated. not sure if the TRT route is for me but just want to guage are these levels average for a 31 year old?

View attachment 213294
I’d do the following and re test in 12 weeks

10,000iu Vitamin d3 daily
3000mg Omega 3 daily
1000 Ashwaganda KSM-66 daily
9mg Boron Daily
50mg Zinc piclionate daily
400mg Magnesium daily

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’d do the following and re test in 12 weeks

10,000iu Vitamin d3 daily
3000mg Omega 3 daily
1000 Ashwaganda KSM-66 daily
9mg Boron Daily
50mg Zinc piclionate daily
400mg Magnesium daily

would this be multiple tabs say twice throughout the day? As if I took all of that in the morning would I not just piss most of it back out?

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
would this be multiple tabs say twice throughout the day? As if I took all of that in the morning would I not just piss most of it back out?
I would do the above too.

Make sure you exercise, eat good food for the most part, cut down the alcohol, get 8 hrs in and try to reduce stress.

Add in the health supplements too and I don't see why 6 months from now you'd feel like a new man.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Omega 3
Boron
Magnesium

are spread throughout the day, just get them down you and re test in 12 weeks,people overthink stuff so much nowadays, it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts