UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Gym Addict
3,261 Posts
I start work at 7:30am and my gym opens at 6:30am but from my gym to work it takes 15 mins, so i blast a quick 30-40 min session out and head straight to work, its not ideal but i aint chasing gains these days so its enough for what i need.
I admire lads that train early in the morning I did try it but I’m a right moody twat in the morning. I just can’t get that gym feeling going in mornings.

·
Premium Member
5,280 Posts
I feel your pain , had the same trouble for a while some time back . Never really did get around the problem as the same as you jus to wired for hours on end after training . I just knock my self out these days , zopes are shite as they only work for a few days then become less affective and need a break . Now I take 15mg mirtazapine and sleep like a baby every night Usually drop a pill as I walk out the gym , by the time I get home eat and shower I am ready for bed

will warn you though if you do try , take them early , as they last 12 hours and can knock you the **** out first time trying them and can easily over sleep .(y)
How do you feel once you’re awake mate? Is it literally 12 hours sedation ?

·
Looking Freaky
2,798 Posts
How do you feel once you’re awake mate? Is it literally 12 hours sedation ?
pretty much for me yes if taken right before bed ,when I wake up I get foggy head ect a bit snappy on occasion . Unfortunately it has side affects but it works . As. I said tho , very easy to over sleep so if you have to be up at 6 am , need to be taken by 6pm. They don’t really kick in fully until you relax so it’s fine to take that early .

·
Looking Freaky
2,798 Posts
How long you been doing that for though ? You could get addicted? Not lecturing you by the way just saying. I’m having some sleep problems occasionally myself and then I have a bad day and I get the occasionally anxiety.
sorry mate missed this post . Isn’t addictive no . Been taking them for 3 years or so, I take breaks every so often for a few days or a week if I run out with no withdrawals at all . I suffer with insomnia and have done for many years . This has been only thing to keep my sleep on track .

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I admire lads that train early in the morning I did try it but I’m a right moody twat in the morning. I just can’t get that gym feeling going in mornings.
I'll admit it took some getting used to and i'm also noticeably weaker that early in the morn, but to me sleeping better massively outweighed the strength difference.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
pretty much for me yes if taken right before bed ,when I wake up I get foggy head ect a bit snappy on occasion . Unfortunately it has side affects but it works . As. I said tho , very easy to over sleep so if you have to be up at 6 am , need to be taken by 6pm. They don’t really kick in fully until you relax so it’s fine to take that early .
I remember back in the day I'd pop these to get to sleep after a weekend on the white.
They sh*t all over Diazepam, could easily sleep for a whole day.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,363 Posts
Alright guys, I need your wisdom. I've always been a morning trainer, but recently with a new job I'm now forced to train at about 7.30pm instead. For some reason, I will crank out a tough session, drive home, eat, shower and try to sleep... but end up being awake till 3am!

Not good when I have to get up at 6 every morning.

Do you guys have any tips for sleeping better while training in the evening? Or is this simply something I will get used to over time?

P.S. I don't consume any caffeine after 10am and don't take preworkout any more.
i would be the same if i trained at night mate, there are folk out there who it makes no difference to though.

I feel your pain , had the same trouble for a while some time back . Never really did get around the problem as the same as you jus to wired for hours on end after training . I just knock my self out these days , zopes are shite as they only work for a few days then become less affective and need a break . Now I take 15mg mirtazapine and sleep like a baby every night Usually drop a pill as I walk out the gym , by the time I get home eat and shower I am ready for bed

will warn you though if you do try , take them early , as they last 12 hours and can knock you the **** out first time trying them and can easily over sleep .(y)
i am a shit sleeper so i need a pill to help the process, if i didnt take it i would be 100% still awake at 5am

Mirtazipine. Ok, nice one. Can you PM me buddy? Cheers
mate be careful with mirtazapine they are a heavy duty drug, yeah i know you are a big boy etc etc but the mrs took these for PND and the withrdawal from them was exorsist level scary.

·
Looking Freaky
2,798 Posts
[
i would be the same if i trained at night mate, there are folk out there who it makes no difference to though.

i am a shit sleeper so i need a pill to help the process, if i didnt take it i would be 100% still awake at 5am

mate be careful with mirtazapine they are a heavy duty drug, yeah i know you are a big boy etc etc but the mrs took these for PND and the withrdawal from them was exorsist level scary.

may I ask how long she was on them without a break mate? Never had such withdrawals my self neither my mrs. But everyone is different I get that

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,363 Posts
[

may I ask how long she was on them without a break mate? Never had such withdrawals my self neither my mrs. But everyone is different I get that
course mate, wee fella was about 4 when she came off them so 4 years or so, needs to be said though that there were not the only medication she was on so there are many factors to take into consideration.

the type of shit she experienced isnt on the 'known list' of withdrawals but even if the pharmacy gave her a different 'brand' of the medication it would throw her off.

stay safe mate

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nope , prescription bud .
Why are you taking breaks off them then? Just can't be arsed going to the chemist to pick them up?

I spent 2 or 3 years on them then I tapered off. Don't remember any kind of withdrawals.

Years later I tried to get back on them again. I took one 15mg pill and it made me so dizzy I threw the box in the bin and never touched them again. So it seems trying to reintroduce my brain to them years later was a problem. I don't remember any dizziness when I first started them.

·
Looking Freaky
2,798 Posts
Why are you taking breaks off them then? Just can't be arsed going to the chemist to pick them up?

I spent 2 or 3 years on them then I tapered off. Don't remember any kind of withdrawals.

Years later I tried to get back on them again. I took one 15mg pill and it made me so dizzy I threw the box in the bin and never touched them again. So it seems trying to reintroduce my brain to them years later was a problem. I don't remember any dizziness when I first started them.
Just the fact of laziness yes I take breaks , going to the chemist ect and plus I think it’s healthy to take breaks anyway rather than full bang on for years without coming off . Never had such dizziness I get a really foggy head and confusion upon waking up though and sometimes ratty . It can alter your way of thinking I have found , my mrs has stopped taking them I just take her prescription now , she found that she it makes her very negative towards things she wouldn’t normally be. Other than the foggyness and the occasionally being ratty I have had no issues at all . Guess people handle meds differently . Nothing else works for me unfortunately I have tried weed , but it seems to heighten my anxiety and keeps my mind running laying there trying to drift off doesn’t happen so gave up on that one . Works for a lot of others tho

·
Gym Addict
3,261 Posts
I

Only in the mornings???? 🤨
Good point I am moody half the week, I’m getting older now. But you get my point g man I hate getting out of my bed at 06.30 am as it is. However like I said I admire lads that can do their gym session in a morning. I mean who the hell enjoyed a 8 mile boot run at 07.00 ??? Mind saying that you were REME so you were probably fixing my vehicle so I could go out on patrols doing more important things than you.

·
The future depends on what you do today
15,388 Posts
Good point I am moody half the week, I’m getting older now. But you get my point g man I hate getting out of my bed at 06.30 am as it is. However like I said I admire lads that can do their gym session in a morning. I mean who the hell enjoyed a 8 mile boot run at 07.00 ??? Mind saying that you were REME so you were probably fixing my vehicle so I could go out on patrols doing more important things than you.
I'm not a morning trainer myself. I start at 6am 2 days a week, the others then no chance am I getting up early to train.
I prefer a meal or 2 inside me firstly

Oh, and not much has changed since the REME days. I still lurk in the background and let everyone else do the hard labour 😆

21 - 39 of 39 Posts