UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have shirked off doing any work today as am not feeling good... been awake most of the night with stomach pains, mild case of the squits, headache and slight temperature... am set for a traps and shoulders session later; deadlifts, powercleans, shrugs, overhead press, laterals, bent flyes, rotator cuff work... am not sure going all out is a good idea but really want to do at least a light workout as I really want to keep consistency with this current routine.

What do you do when unwell but think you could still crank out a '90 percent' workout -

1) postpone then resume where you left off skipping no sessions but disrupting the routine

2) stick to the weekly schedule but not train on the days you feel ill (so miss certain sessions)

3) train anyway but train light

?

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
I agree with Dagman.

Option 1 isn't bad - give your body a surprise by disrupting its routine.

Many guys probably overtrain to some degree anyway, so a few days off won't lose you any muscle.

·
Premium Member
11,201 Posts
depending on your routine i would do 1 or 2

(will picking up where you left off casue probs with you routine? ie,, will it impact on your rest between particular body parts?)

defo wouldnt do #3

could make yourself worse and that could lead to longer away from the gym

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a.notherguy said:
(will picking up where you left off casue probs with you routine? ie,, will it impact on your rest between particular body parts?)
Well that was why I wanted to train (as well as loving my current routine), but to be honest the main reason for this thread was that really I know it's a stupid idea and needed talking out of it :laugh:... sometimes enthusiasm doesn't always motivate you to do the right thing!

Am gonna go for option 1 - will just wait until i feel better and carry on where I left off.

·
Looking Freaky
600 Posts
Depends how bad you are feeling, if you just have the cold I would say just go and give it 100% as normal, but stomach cramps is worse. If they really are bad then maybe just take a couple of days off to recover, as Provider said most of us probably overtrain to some degree or another anyway so it may even be good for you.

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
I always just go to the gym and train through all but the worst illnessess, I don't care if it is is right wrong or neither..........it's what I do.

If I am severly ill or damaged too much to train - I rest - usually forget where I got to and start a fresh training week when recovered sufficiently lol

·
Looking Freaky
839 Posts
if you feel well enough to train hard then go, but if you feel to rough to train stay at home, if you are quite ill a heavy session will put more strain on the immune system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.