UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gym Addict
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just joined a new gym, I really want to start deadlifting and squatting, but i don't want to solo it as i've never attempted before (i'd feel awkward asking a random to spot) i need a training partner!

So heres the question- how did you find your current training parner?

·
Gym Addict
464 Posts
Ive been quite lucky in this respect. I started out training years ago with my dad & i now train with my brother. I think most at my gym train with mates though. Have you got no mate that fancy starting out?

·
Accepts nothing less than victory
681 Posts
Train with a mate ive known for 15 years and a guy i met at my gym, its easy enough to find a guy/girl who wants to train in a similar way you do so jsut ask around and get to know a few people.

·
hmmm
1,430 Posts
I used to train with the guy I worked with.

Most gym goers are easy to get on with and willing to help i`m sure if you asked in the gym for a spot people will be more than willing to help,just don`t ask when their have way through a lift.it does`nt do your public relations any good:).

We had to ask a few times when somethings cropped up and we were`nt able to train together,,

·
Live in the Now
3,130 Posts
firstly forget about the training partner regarding holding you back with squats and deadlift-- dont need a spotter with deadlifts and not really with squats if done out of a rack.

concentrate more on form and to do that--get the gym owner, somone in the kno to show you how to do the exercise and watch your form..and keep the reps high and the weight light for a few weeks while you get into the groove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.